Getting in Shape
Options

Diets that don't work

Saw this on Yahoo this morning, just thought I'd share! The Cabbage Diet sounds particularly unpleasant 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Diets that don't work

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_diets-dont-work-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:4f6f058c-52fd-4157-a186-a81d025672c8Post:afd361a6-e53f-414d-ae2b-58c3fc4f2c7b">Re: Diets that don't work</a>:
    [QUOTE]HCG all the way baby! ... not.  I don't understand why people put themselves through those things.  The chewing 80x then spitting the food out is ridiculous.  Obviously you aren't going to absorb as many calories if you are spitting it out...
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

<div>If I did this, I would stop eating all together. Maybe that is the real secret! Make eating so disgusting you just don't want to do it at all! </div>
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    HCG all the way baby! ... not.  I don't understand why people put themselves through those things.  The chewing 80x then spitting the food out is ridiculous.  Obviously you aren't going to absorb as many calories if you are spitting it out...
  • Options
    My parents used to do the cabbage diet. It was awful.
  • Options
    I love this article.  If I was mod, I'd make it a sticky because it explains the negatives so efficiently.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_diets-dont-work-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:4f6f058c-52fd-4157-a186-a81d025672c8Post:f39e8c2a-a29d-48a6-840e-26293a6b4b98">Re: Diets that don't work</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love this article.  If I was mod, I'd make it a sticky because it explains the negatives so efficiently.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

I wish you could!

Diets in general don't work, IMO.  At least not int he way that most people see "going on a diet."

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_diets-dont-work-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:4f6f058c-52fd-4157-a186-a81d025672c8Post:57842073-0898-480f-a8d9-cee3f0580504">Re: Diets that don't work</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Diets that don't work : I wish you could! Diets in general don't work, IMO.  At least not int he way that most people see "going on a diet."
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Totally agree.  I refer to my "diet" but only because calling it "this recent change to my dietary needs that will hopefully lead to a positive life-long eating and lifestyle change"... is a tad long and typing "diet" is SO much easier  ;)
  • Options
    Yes, I like the word "diet" as it refers to the diet that you eat.  I know what you mean!

AND?!  Are you ignoring my FB message, Miss Anna? 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_diets-dont-work-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:4f6f058c-52fd-4157-a186-a81d025672c8Post:f2ec824e-302a-4796-9b10-08d92fba97cb">Re: Diets that don't work</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, I like the word "diet" as it refers to the diet that you eat.  I know what you mean! AND?!  Are you ignoring my FB message, Miss Anna? 
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

moi?  ignore YOU?  NEVER.  just preparing myself to bask in the glory of your awesomeness.
  • Options
    I tried the 17 day diet. I lasted about 10 days. I was starving all the time. I couldn't keep up with eating all the yogurt (not to mention I hate yogurt!) I also had no energy while I was on this diet - I think because your blood sugar gets so low from not eating. Bottom line you lose weight, because you probably consume 500-700 calories a day. But you will be miserable.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards