Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Teachers?

How are all you teachers doing today? I've been thinking about ya'll all morning.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Teachers?

• juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thankfully, my district is not doing what Amanda's is.  They are cutting all the first year probationary contracts first and using the retirements before they start letting others go.  We don't know the magic number. 
  • edited December 2011
    I have been thinking about this all day :(
  • edited December 2011
    I'll keep you in my thoughts Amanda!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rcpm44rcpm44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_teachers-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:2a75a3a4-988c-4150-84a0-bd618610308bPost:b5d203ee-d88c-4c4b-9ca2-f92220676358">Re: Teachers?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thankfully, my district is not doing what Amanda's is.  They are cutting all the first year probationary contracts first and using the retirements before they start letting others go.  We don't know the magic number. 
    Posted by juliebug1997[/QUOTE]

The same goes for my district. The one really good piece of good news is that when it does come time for cuts our principals will be the ones choosing who gets cut and ALL the principals at my school love me. Hopefully, that help me out!
  • 1fwdarlin1fwdarlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    20 teachers in my district took early retirement and they still have to make cuts. I've been cut and just started in January. They also cut at least 2 others at my school. :( Everyone talked about what a difference I had made too.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh gosh, I just read the article about Plano.  I had no idea things were so dire for you guys.  I am so sorry to hear all of this!
    edited December 2011
    Amanda,
    Which department lost eight?  It's hard to believe that there'll be anyone left in that department with that many cuts!!!! 
    edited December 2011
    Hey, guys!  I just got word from UEA (not my professional org. but informative nonetheless) that there will be some sort of education rally this Saturday morning in Fort Worth at 11 AM.
  • edited December 2011
    Julie - Post us the details.  I will so be there. I don't understand how we can afford to essentially be in 3 wars, but not have enough teachers to educate our future.  Stupid, stupid, stupid :(
  • edited December 2011
    1fwdarlin - I am truly sorry. I've been in the same situation before. After I graduated college in 1 year I worked for 4 architecture firms and they all closed or downsized. But you will find something! Good Luck!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jenngbjenngb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I work at a private school so nobody is affected here.
  • tdqtdq
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm further south at the moment, our contracts aren't voted on until next week. We've already had 6 take an early resignation incentive.
    June 2012 April Siggy Challenge

Photobucket
    When we first started dating. Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards