Getting in Shape

The dress

When I bought my dress I was worried because it was very tight, almost to the point of not being able to breathe. For the last few months I have been working out and eating healthier. Not just for the wedding, it's a nice goal, but I want a long term change. I've been terrified about trying my dress on again, even putting off fittings because it's so scary. My mother last night forced me into my dress, so that we had some sort of idea what needed to be done.
   Guess what- It fit, it zipped way to easily, and I think I now have to have it taken in around the bust so it doesn't fall off. Also no back cleavage. I'm not close to my over all better health goal, but being able to fit into my dream dress and have it a little loose. Holy crap, what a great feeling that was.
   I just wanted to share that with eveyone, in case someone else is a little scared like I was. I don't post on this board often but I lurk and everyone here is always so supportive. I think its helped me to read all your wonderful stories. So thank you.

Re: The dress

• You will probably love it. If you don't maybe the alterations person can fix it until you do. The cost might not be as terrible as you think. Deep breathes and congrats on losing weight.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards