Getting in Shape

HELP! I'm a stress eater and wedding is 15 days away!

So the wedding is 15 days away and my roommates have a tendency to have junk food lying around. I know I am stressed with finals so I just fall for this junk! I need to know how to say no to sugary, fatty junk!?!

Re: HELP! I'm a stress eater and wedding is 15 days away!

• I make sure that the junk food is far away from me, or not in clear sight. My family likes their junk food as well, so I make sure it isn't around for me to see- I put it away in a cupboard or in a different room I don't go to often so I forget about it. If it's just lying on the counter in the kitchen, it's way too tempting for me - out of sight, out of mind.
  • Can you get rid of all the junk food in your house? Maybe pick up some bananas, apples, or something else healthy and when you want to stress eat you know you have something good to snack on.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • oh no! try not to be alone and tell whover you are with to smack you if you touch junk!
  • I am also an "out of sight, out of mind" sort of person. I would also encourage you to keep healthy snacks around so if you get the urge to snack you can munch on the healthy snacks and hopefully  curb your snack attack that way. There are some ones you can find that will fix your sweet or salty tooth without killing your calorie count for the day.
    I'm a Mrs & My Honeymoon Memory
    imageimage
    Wedding Items For Sale
  • Talk to your roommates... replace the junk food with maybe fruits ... just for the days before your big day,  I'm sure they're more than happy to help.
  • How much weight do you think you can gain before people notice? Or the dress will not fit?
  • GET THE JUNK FOOD OUT!

Best, get some roasted nuts and lots of gum. I'm a huge stress eater and those tricks helped me lose 100lbs in 2008. :) Almonds work best because they have natural oils that help you feel full and stay focused (and give you energy!!) the gum helps that oral fixation you need to chew. That's all it is-- you want to chew something. Get multiple flavors, even the dessert gum, try to stay sugar free so you don't have a sugar rush and then crash :D It's okay! YOU. CAN. DO. IT.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • These tips are fantastic guys! I'm not sure what my body's deal is! It seems like since I have been on birth control, I just haven't felt the same. I would like to lose 5 pounds in two weeks and get down to 125....I just need some support. I am the first of my friends to get married so anyone who is willing just to hear me out would be much appreciated!!! :)
  • These tips are fantastic guys! I'm not sure what my body's deal is! It seems like since I have been on birth control, I just haven't felt the same. I would like to lose 5 pounds in two weeks and get down to 125....I just need some support. I am the first of my friends to get married so anyone who is willing just to hear me out would be much appreciated!!! :)
  • I have a 13-year-old brother who pretty much eats everything in the house, so I bought a jar of natural applesauce, which he doesn't like. When I'm feeling a bit hungry, to keep myself from eating way more than I need to, I just dip a spoon into my jar. I also take my vitamins with it, cuz it helps the nasty taste. I'm totally here if you need to get stuff off your chest about the stress. My wedding is far off and I'm already stressing!

One man and one woman brought together by God for a lifetime. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Make sure the healthy snacks you choose sound really yummy too. You've got to want to eat those over the junk. I like to keep pistachios around because they are healthy but also tasty enough for me to want those over anything else. It also takes longer to get them open so you will distract yourself and possibly eat less. Also, keep yourself busy! Maybe go Christmas shopping or go for a walk or something to keep you distracted from eating. It's much harder to snack it you're busy and much easier to snack it you're bored.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • A tip I would suggest is being aware of your eating patterns.  When you get a strong craving for junk, stop and evaluate if you are actually hungry.  If yes, try to think of a nourishing, balanced meal.  If not, write down what you are feeling and what is going on.  It will help you be aware of the fact that you eat out of stress instead of hunger.  And, it is something that will benefit you long after the wedding is over.
    PersonalMilestone Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm the same way! I've found that carrying around a yummy sugar-free flavored gum in my pocket helps keep the cravings away! Keep holding out on the junk food! When you feel like you want to snack just remember how gorgeous you are going to look in your dress and you should be able to resist. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards