Getting in Shape
Options

NGISR and NWR: I'm really stressed about school and just need to vent. Thanks in advance :)

Backstory: I am  set to graduate with my M.Ed next semester. I have a 4.0. I need two more classes. FI is currently jobless because he is student teaching and our school does not allow him to student teach and be employed at the same time. I am attempting to support us on my student worker salary from the University that we attend.

I currently owe money on this semester's tuition due to lack of funds (obviously). In order to graduate, I need to take two more classes, and pay my tuition in full by May, 2010. I am not allowed to enroll because I have not fully paid this semester's tuition. I have applied for tuition waivers (they ran out of money, but didn't tell anyone until after the deadline for applications had passed), applied for scholarships (one for spring is due today), and have pulled strings and sent letters to as many influential people as I can. As of right now, I can't enroll, so I can't graduate. I am beyond stressed out because I have two classes left and my career is contingent upon my graduation. I'm currently waiting to hear about scholarships and about potentially lifting the hold, but there's nothing I can do but wait.

Thanks for letting me vent. You ladies are so supportive and I definitely feel safe venting here. I'm sorry it's not related, but, hey, who knows, if I can't enroll, I suppose that emotional eating could make it very GIS related! :-P

Re: NGISR and NWR: I'm really stressed about school and just need to vent. Thanks in advance :)

• Options
    I'm sorry to hear this! I'm in a really tight situation monetary-wise myself and wish I could offer some advice, but your system is so different from mine. Hang in there and remember what's most important right now - your education. I hope you can concentrate on getting some work done even though you're waiting to hear back regarding applications right now. Stay busy with something and remember to go easy on yourself. Situations usually always get solved, even if it might be in a way we haven't expected at all. Hang in there and good luck!!! Please vent more if you need to; this is the right place.
  • Options
    Wow, I'm sorry you're in such a tight spot right now :[  I wish I had some sage words of advice for you or something....I really hope you figure something out.  Brynhild had some great advice...best of luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Closed on our house 4-15-11!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards