Getting in Shape
Options

Few questions - LONG

I have a few questions that I need help answering if you don't mind.

1) I've been doing weights now for about 3 weeks straight, meaning everyday after work, Monday - Friday. Why do I feel like I'm getting WEAKER!? I can barely do my normal numbers. My fiance goes with me, and he feels the exact same way. We do legs one day and arms the next and cardio after each day. Is this normal?

2) After I workout, I stretch my arms. I can't feel the stretching. It just feels like it's not stretching. This seems like a weird thing, but is that normal? I would think they would be tight after working out.

3) At what point do you lose pant sizes!? This is really frustrating to me. I've lost nearly 30 lbs and I went from a size 12 to a size 10 in jeans. In dress pants, I can wear an 8, but that's different. My weight is going down, but not my pant sizes. Oh, and my boobs are starting to disappear now. I don't get it.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Few questions - LONG

• Options
    In answer to your first question, Nebb is absolutely correct. Ouch! Don't lift EVERY DAY. Your muscles need to repair themselves. Ask any veteran lifter and they'll tell you they have a scehdule. For example, my mom, and ex-body builder, is always telling me "Tuesdays and Thursdays are legs, back, biceps, Monday and Wednesays are chest, shoulders, and triceps.

However, you CAN do a cardio workout (such as biking, running, etc) every day and/or a fat burning workout (a good walk or a low impact elliptical workout) every day. I would recommend that.

I don't really have an answer to your second question, but in response to your third question- do you ever watch shows like the Biggest Loser? If you have a lot of fat, it's easier to get some of it off. If a lot of your belly fat has been depleted, your body is going to take fat away from somewhere it is plentiful. Unfortunately, a "side effect" of serious weight loss is serious boob loss. That's about the only upside to my weight gain in the past two years- I've got awesome boobs. However, when I get the weight off I know my boobs will go away too, and most likely be saggy. Nature isn't the kindest, unfortunately.
    I was always a size 5/6 and after gaining 31 pounds, I'm a size 8.
    It's just how big my hips are, regardless of my weight. When I was a 5/6 I really couldn't have gotten to any size smaller, just because of how I'm built.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards