Getting in Shape
Options

Workout Accountability: Thursday

Morning ladies, and happy Thursday!  So close to the weekend!

Scale was up on me this morning, booo.  I'm really hoping it's just from that time of the month, and not from all the sweet snacks I've had lately (lots of sugar, but haven't blown calories by too much on any day.)  Not what I needed the day before I pick up my dress. :/

Today is kenpo, and the LAST day of week 12.  Next week is the final recovery week, and bam, we're done!  And to someone's comment yesterday about the timing - I actually started this 91 days out from our wedding intentionally.  It's been awesome amidst the wedding craziness to have something else so structured to focus and work on.

Have a great day everyone!
Anniversary

Re: Workout Accountability: Thursday

• Options
    My scale adds ten pounds (I need to get a new scale - it's not me being vain! lol), but even after a month on vacation, I'm where I was before we left. I would like to lose another 15. I've lost 40lbs since I was at my heaviest, but that was a few years ago. I've been going very slowly, plateauing and starting up again. Last year my goal was 30, and I lost 25. My revied goal is 15 from where I am now...

Today I will hit the elliptical again (trying to get back into a routine again), and we are building a garage, so I'm doing lots of physical work.

I have a year until my wedding, but this goal was in place long before that date was set!

Eating is my nemisis. I don't like doing it, so I don't always make great choices.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My scales have been fluctuating a lot too or creeping up.  ie: one day I gained 1.1 lbs in a week and out of curiosity I tried the scale the next morning, down 0.8.  So maybe hot weather/body swelling/water retention/time of year may also be a factor.  I even find my wedding shoes are tighter now versus when I picked them up 2 months ago
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • Options
    Scale has been up on my lately too ... booo to all the evil scales.

Workouts yesterday were on track, walk at lunch and 30DS in the am.  Can't wait till my mornings AREN'T spent with Jillian Michaels ... I wanted to punch her in the face this morning.

Met up with a couple friends for happy hour last night ... started to dive into those tasty potato nachos ... instantly pulled myself out and ordered a salad with chicken ... and a tall ipa *cough cough* ... it was awesome! :)  One of my friends is newly engaged!  So excited for her ... I'm sure she's poking around on the knot as I type this ;)

Weight class tonight, but leaving before abs for a local baseball game.  Can't wait!

Have a happy thursday my loves
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    omg the scales have united against us!  Mine has been up a few pounds this week as well, for no identifiable reason.  It was really frustrating me for a while, but I'm hoping it's somehow just hormonal or something minor.

I'm feeling sort of low motivation this morning.  I'll try to post later with any success I may or may not have with getting in some exercise!

Have a great day ladies!
  • Options
    I finally feel better today so I will attempt to bike to work. Yesterday was our farm share delivery and I realized we had loads of pluots that hadn't been eaten so I baked a cake with them. Not the healthiest thing I could have done but it is delicious.

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Good morning!

Yesterday turned out to be a pretty good workout day - I ate an evil cinnamon roll at lunch (FI of course was trying to be sweet and had brought a bunch of breakfast pastries home) and felt like I needed to compensate for that 580 calorie blow with lots and lots of exercise.

Got a walk in the afternoon with co-workers, then after work FI and I biked down to a local park and played disk golf, then biked back up the hill - I got over 15,000 steps for the day and ended up being really under my calorie goal for the day :)

Tonight I really need to get to the gym, I feel like it's been too long since I've had a really good gym session - I've just been so into biking lately because it's actually been nice outside.
  • Options
    Good morning

I'm on day 2 of getting back on track and it's going pretty well. Tracked all of my food yesterday and even had toast with butter for a snack because I was under carbs and fat for the day.

Did 30DS last night and even though I hadn't done it in over a week it went pretty well. I plan on doing it again tonight inbetween work and meeting with our photgrapher.

Already planned out my food for today and even though I'm a little hungry I've got it spaced out pretty well. 

These next 5 weeks are going to be tough but I know I can do it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Morning everyone!

Yesterday eating was pretty good. Went to see the house my Grandparents just got possession of yesterday, and my mom brought chili over to eat on paper plates - good thing is though that she's trying to eat better too so the chili was filled with things like shredded carrots and beans and not over-salted. So that was yummy!

Today I'm going to keep the eating on track and get some exercise in. No official plan as to what that exercise will be as I've got a bit of a busy day ahead - but it will happen! :)

Have a good day everyone!

PS - whoever is doing 30DS, if you find that Jillian is making you insane, there is a setting where you can turn off her voice! When I found that, I just about cried. Of course you can't really do it until you know what you're doing!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-thursday-43?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:5bc978f3-1d3e-4080-901e-92f6f99e6352Post:38cf3b16-d6e4-4d5e-93f9-7eee58884bda">Re: Workout Accountability: Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]My scale adds ten pounds (I need to get a new scale - it's not me being vain! lol), but even after a month on vacation, I'm where I was before we left. I would like to lose another 15. I've lost 40lbs since I was at my heaviest, but that was a few years ago. I've been going very slowly, plateauing and starting up again. Last year my goal was 30, and I lost 25. My revied goal is 15 from where I am now... Today I will hit the elliptical again (trying to get back into a routine again), and we are building a garage, so I'm doing lots of physical work. I have a year until my wedding, but this goal was in place long before that date was set! Eating is my nemisis. I don't like doing it, so I don't always make great choices.
    Posted by jennylee813[/QUOTE]

From the looks of your ticker.. we're date twins! :) GL with your weight loss goals - stick around this board, it's a lifesaver!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lol - we ARE date twins!

I've done the Ripped in 30, and week 3 is my fave. Yoga meltdown isn't bad, but I haven't done it enough to really say how I feel about it. I did the first month of Insanity two autumns ago - it was wonderful, but I got sick and had to stop. Am considering starting it over this fall, once the shed/garage is built.

I also would like to get a bike for commuting to work, and figure that I could get at least two months before the weather gets too cold (it goes to -40s celcius here, which is great for cross country skiing, snowshoeing and snowmobiling. I miss the gym though.

I'm really focusing on making fitness a way of life, more than just an hour a day type thing. That's why I'm big into outdoor activities (and it makes for a positive role model for the kids too!)

We're taking a break from construction now - building roof trusses in +30 temps is hot, sweaty work! But there's lots of lifting, bending, stretching and hammering, so I'm being active!

Now, what to have for lunch ...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-thursday-43?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:5bc978f3-1d3e-4080-901e-92f6f99e6352Post:9d0f9c48-4a6f-4479-8c91-b4863e628342">Re: Workout Accountability: Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]lol - we ARE date twins! I've done the Ripped in 30, and week 3 is my fave. Yoga meltdown isn't bad, but I haven't done it enough to really say how I feel about it. I did the first month of Insanity two autumns ago - it was wonderful, but I got sick and had to stop. Am considering starting it over this fall, once the shed/garage is built. I also would like to get a bike for commuting to work, and figure that I could get at least two months before the weather gets too cold (<strong>it goes to -40s celcius here</strong>, which is great for cross country skiing, snowshoeing and snowmobiling. I miss the gym though. I'm really focusing on making fitness a way of life, more than just an hour a day type thing. That's why I'm big into outdoor activities (and it makes for a positive role model for the kids too!) We're taking a break from construction now - building roof trusses in +30 temps is hot, sweaty work! But there's lots of lifting, bending, stretching and hammering, so I'm being active! Now, what to have for lunch ...
    Posted by jennylee813[/QUOTE]

Where are you from? It gets down to that here too... I'm in Red Deer, AB :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Today is my second day posting on here, so good morning ladies!

Yesterday went pretty well. I did leg strength workouts and woke up this morning with my calves feeling pretty sore :) today is back/biceps day, so I am excited for that. My DH is supposed to do C25K with me tonight, but he has tried to weasel his way out of it the past few days, so we'll see how tonight goes. In less than 1.5 weeks I will be starting school again, and I am going to do Jamie Eason's LiveFit trainer to try and start off the semester right. Have any of you tried it? I am tired of having ZERO muscle and I feel like busting my ass doing cardio all of the time isn't getting me anywhere. So, hopefully this new approach to working out works! Tonight is tilapia and brown rice for dinner. I bought a HUGE bag of tilapia fillets today while grocery shopping and I am so excited because i love tilapia!
  • Options
    Hi ladies!  I'm just home from the gym.  I did 35 minutes on the elliptical and 13 on the treadmill.  I really want to be able to jog, but I can't do a whole 30 minutes of C25K.  Right now, I'm doing 10 minutes every other day or so.  5 minutes walking, 1 jogging, 3 walking, 1 jogging, 3 walking.  I can do that, and not be in pain for two days afterwards, so that's good.  I haven't exactly figured out how I'm going to build onto that, either increasing total time and adding another minute of jogging or increase the jogging time without increasing the total time, but that's for later.
    I switched up how I'm doing my strength training.  Instead of using machines for everything, I'm using dumbbells and some body weight.  I think I need to work on my form for lunges, they hurt the bottom of my non-stepping foot.  Also, lateral flies are freaking evil.

Hope everyone has a good afternoon.  See you all tomorrow.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-thursday-43?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:5bc978f3-1d3e-4080-901e-92f6f99e6352Post:f8e865e1-7185-49f5-9887-d321267dfdae">Re: Workout Accountability: Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Workout Accountability: Thursday : Where are you from? It gets down to that here too... I'm in Red Deer, AB :)
    Posted by Sarah5200[/QUOTE]

I'm in Happy Valley - Goose Bay, NL now. We hit -43 this past winter (they start closing the schools at -45 - so close!) Other parts of Labrador missed several days because of extreme cold.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hey ladies,

I've posted on here a few times, but going to try to be more consistent about it to help motivate me.  Yesterday I had a complete meltdown.  I met with my nutritionist who informed me I lost another 1.5 inches, but no weight.  I'm ok with the inches.  After that appointment, I had my routine exam with my gastroentinologist who found 2 nodules on my thyroid (complete breakdown happening now!).  I was so upset that my mom thought it would cheer me up to try on my dress with my jewelry.  This had to be an easy thing since I've been losing inches.  Breakdown #2 started because the dress didn't fit!  I don't understand how because my clothes are huge on me and I absolutely haven't gained any weight!  Needless to say, it's been a very rough 24 hours.

I'm a great eater and track everything and workout everyday.  I let myself completely breakdown yesterday, but today just had to work out.  I did the Bridalicious Boot Camp Disc 3 and just gave it my all!  I'm still totally devasted though that my dress doesn't fit!  I don't know what I'm going to do!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I've really got to post on here more often, you ladies are amazing! You're all doing great... makes the 4 pounds i lost since i've started seem pretty measly..  as for work outs... my Fiance and I are bike riders, today we did 10 miles... it was just to nice to be inside... while i don't personally see a lot of results [ we do this pretty often, as in like 2-3 times a week], Fiance says he sees it.... i think he's crazy! :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-thursday-43?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:5bc978f3-1d3e-4080-901e-92f6f99e6352Post:c4a590ef-2880-4455-b24a-67d7f5be5e56">Re: Workout Accountability: Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've really got to post on here more often, you ladies are amazing! You're all doing great... makes the 4 pounds i lost since i've started seem pretty measly..  as for work outs... my Fiance and I are bike riders, today we did 10 miles... it was just to nice to be inside... while i don't personally see a lot of results [ we do this pretty often, as in like 2-3 times a week], Fiance says he sees it.... i think he's crazy! :) 
    Posted by azimmmy[/QUOTE]
    My fiance swears he can see a difference in the size of my stomach, and I've only lost 6 pounds or so.  I don't see one though.  Maybe their love for us makes them hallucinate?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Options
    I'm on day 4 of Insanity. I skipped hot yoga today but I'm planning on going tomorrow. I'm down 1lb of the 5 I gained 2 weeks ago! woo!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-thursday-43?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:5bc978f3-1d3e-4080-901e-92f6f99e6352Post:4c62000b-8014-44ce-97b7-2831d3b66429">Re: Workout Accountability: Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Workout Accountability: Thursday : My fiance swears he can see a difference in the size of my stomach, and I've only lost 6 pounds or so.  I don't see one though.  Maybe their love for us makes them hallucinate?
    Posted by Starqueg[/QUOTE]

i really think you're right...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards