Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Wedding Night Wardrobe?

If it's not TMI, I'd love to get ideas of what you're wearing on your wedding night.

I'm not even sure where to start looking other than Victoria's Secret, and I'm not really wild about any of the bridal stuff I saw online. maybe I should check Frederick's of Hollywood too.

Re: Wedding Night Wardrobe?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I ordered 2 things from Frederick's and was not impressed with either. I was planning to wearing one of them and then my friend gave me the cutest thing from Dillard's at my lingerie shower. I ended up wearing it instead.
  • Options
    mandasue178mandasue178 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine at Macy's. I liked the prices a whole lot better, and I really wasn't impressed with the selection I found other places. My mom insisted that I get the matching robe. Even with that it was less expensive than the one thing I found at VS. 
    Becoming My Mother
    Names for our Currently Non-Existent Baby Anniversary
    Dx: PCOS 3/11
    **TTC buddies with Browneyedhunni85**
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at Dillards and Macy's for the wedding-y looking lingerie for my daughter's wedding.  I looked some at Frederick's, but most of the stuff was a little ... well, you know.  

I found a pretty gown on clearance (at Dillard or Macy's, can't remember which), but there was no matching robe.  I just happened to find a matching robe a few weeks later at TJ Maxx. 

It was just a little satiny slip type gown, about knee length, and robe.  And of course matching panties. 
  • Options
    Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    TJ Maxx usually has some great bargains. The problem with VS is all the good stuff is online, and who wants to order lingerie sight unseen?
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's a shop in Casa Linda Shopping Center (by the old movie theater) called the Maddox Shop.  They have some very traditional stuff.  Some little old ladies run it but they're cute and very nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my stuff from Victoria's Secret.  But I did a lot of hunting.  I never really did find what I really wanted to wear...I would check Macy's, Dillards, and places like Marshall's and TJ Maxx like others have suggested.
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, I think I'm just going to wear PJs. I might get some cute new PJs, but after being in a wedding dress all day, I imagine I'll want to be comfortable. Plus, FI doesn't really like the frilly lingerie thing, so it'd be wasted on him anyways.
  • Options
    appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep I was in my birthday suit and then a pair of sweats haha! He really didn't care...were both exhausted and fell asleep real quick.
  • Options
    almoyoalmoyo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    After several hours in a heavy a$$ dress on a 100 degree day, all I wanted was to be naked.... and naked I was!

So no help here. I just couldn't make it happen.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What I wanted was on VS online--but shipping made it too expensive.

I ended up with a short black/pink gown and black satin robe from Fredrick's (online) and was happy with it.
  • Options
    Rachee7Rachee7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine at Dilliard's, I believe. It was a very simple white negligee with lace trim, and I wore my blue panties that said "Mrs. Lastname // Est. 11.8.08" on the butt.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wore my "something blue"...it was panties with MRS FRENCH in diamonds on the butt.....I agree that after being in the dress and getting to the hotel after midnight, we were exhausted and he didn't care about any lingerie....there was no time for it! :)  Sorry I'm no help!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

After watching the VS fashion show last night, I was informed that silk/satin nighties were NOT lingerie. Shocking to me since he's bought me several, but whatever... I guess garter belts and thigh-highs are the way to go! LOL... boys. But I have a feeling the others are right, make sure you have cute panties so you don't have to worry about (waste time) changing when you're tired and hot! :)

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards