Getting in Shape
Options

Worst excuses for skipping a workout?

So in the midst of doing crunches this evening I noticed that my carpet could use some cleaning.  I have used this as an excuse in the past to not work out. 

Other classic excuses for me are that I don't want to have to find gym clothes/sneakers or I don't feel like walking upstairs to change into them(like, hello? I'm going to be working out anyway but it's too much work to walk upstairs?)

What are your worst ever excuses that you've used to justify not working out?

Re: Worst excuses for skipping a workout?

• Options
    HA!! This made me laugh...I'm a master at coming up with lame excuses. I do yoga 4-5 days a week, and I know how much time I spend putting weight on my hands during a regular class, so I've been known to use cuts on my fingers as an excuse to not go to class. Also, prior to getting Lasik done, if I couldn't get my contacts in because of allergies or whatever, I'd skip working out, because I hated wearing my glasses while exercising.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    My general reason for skipping workouts is being lazy.  I'm on winter break, and don't usually have plans during the day, so sleep has been my friend.  However, I had appointments on Monday and Tuesday and didn't get up early enough to go to the gym before them and didn't bother going afterwards because I don't like going to the gym during the peak hours.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Options
    worst (and most common for me) excuse: I already showered. I don't want to have to do it again. Logically I should be mocking myself saying: God forbid I have to hold the shampoo bottle and blow dryer again... b/c those weigh a ton! (LOL)
    *My Planning Bio* *UPDATED 1-18-2012*
    South FL March siggy: Fave Registry Item
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I use the washing my hair excuse too! Too funny.
    I also use: It's cold outside (Can't bear to walk 4 block to the gym). Seriously haha
  • Options
    Haha I love this! I catch myself making excuses all the time. My FI and I work out seperately 6 days a week. When one goes out to exercise, the other one stays home with the toddler. Just this morning I was saying "I just took a shower before bed last night and don't want to wash my hair again". Ugh! What is it about our hair being the excuse!? lol. Another one is that it's too cold outside to walk 3 min to our fitness center. LAME! 

On another note, I usually guilt myself into going after coming up with my lame excuse or my FI says "It all starts with that ONE day"--meaning if I deviate now, it makes it easier to deviate in the future. So, I've been keeping up with the 6 days a wk workout schedule I've made and all is going well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 92 Ready to party!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards