Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

FFF

Re: FFF

• edited December 2011
    Wow, after reading this I would get all sort of flames today because I sent out save the dates (and sent them 9 months in advance), I'll be sending my invites out a little before 8 weeks, and I (or my mother since it will most likely be her family members) will be calling people who don't RSVP.  At the price per person that we are paying, H3ll to the No will I be paying for random extras.
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lauren,
    We didn't send out save the dates because we were 5 months and two weeks from being married.  We did however send out our invites in early February for our May 9th wedding.  We had an RSVP date of April 1st.  Half of Bill's family never sent the RSVP and guess who had to do the calling?  Bill's parents. 

And, I think I'm feeling early PMS but I hope not.  I want to be in the early stages of pregnancy for Thanksgiving and Christmas so that I don't have to do any traveling to see Bill's parents.  Please, God, please, let me be pregnant!  I would take daily morning voms over seeing those people again any time soon.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-20?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:2bfe0f3d-048b-47c8-bff7-de469d6fcfd8Post:80927923-5300-43a4-ac58-74a1e1ecc81c">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE] And, I think I'm feeling early PMS but I hope not.  I want to be in the early stages of pregnancy for Thanksgiving and Christmas so that I don't have to do any traveling to see Bill's parents.  Please, God, please, let me be pregnant!  I would take daily morning voms over seeing those people again any time soon.
    Posted by juliebug1997[/QUOTE]

Hahahahaha. Lovely.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I paid $17 for my STDs and I thought they were cute.  They really did no good though--one of Ben's parents' closest friends threw theirs away and then booked a cruise on our wedding date.

And I also sent my invites out at 8 weeks just so I could get them over with and reclaim my dining room table.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah - if you don't want to serve dinner - then don't.  But don't come on the board trying to make us agree that it's a good idea. 

I sent out STDs because I thought they were cute - waste of money? - maybe, but it's my money, so I guess I can waste it if I want to.

Also, I don't know exactly when to send out invites.  I'm sure they will go out when they are assembled - which will probably be next month - I don't care if it doesn't follow etiquette.

And if I don't get an RSVP card back you better bet I'm gonna call you - how hard is it to take a pen and make a check mark and put the card in the envelope that is already addressed and has a stamp.  I don't care if it's rude or not.

Add me to the PMS train today!
  • stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm flaming David's best friend, who is having a birthday party tomorrow.  We know it's at 7 but they still haven't figured out where to have it.  We agreed to go to it on Monday without knowing the location because he always complains we are too anti-social.  Sorry, but I don't see the point in driving to a restaurant all the way on Greenville Ave when I pass 2 of the same restaurant on my way there!  (This happened last year)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-20?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:2bfe0f3d-048b-47c8-bff7-de469d6fcfd8Post:de8947fd-8db6-4a3b-958c-e9f578069344">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm flaming David's best friend, who is having a birthday party tomorrow.  We know it's at 7 but they still haven't figured out where to have it.  We agreed to go to it on Monday without knowing the location because he always complains we are too anti-social.  Sorry, but I don't see the point in driving to a restaurant all the way on Greenville Ave when I pass 2 of the same restaurant on my way there!  (This happened last year)
    Posted by steph13055[/QUOTE]

Was he trying to find a "central" location based off where most people were coming from?

I know I'm having a girls dinner/bachelorette party tonight and I'm sure a few of the girls will pass the same resturant we're meeting at several times on their way to the one we're meeting at. But when you have a lot of people traveling from opposite ends of the metroplex, you can't make it convenient for everyone.

I have girls coming from Haslet, Addison, Denton, Argyle, and Las Colinas. Talk about Cluster.
  • stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He said the food at the restaurant on Greenville was better than the same restaurants that we passed that were located in Frisco, Carrollton, and Addison.  He lives in Denton by the way, and we're from Frisco.  Half of the other people were from Denton/Lewisville and the other half from Dallas.  So I guess it's a central location, but I think Addison would've been better.

Another reason was that him and couple of friends wanted to go a hooka lounge afterwards, and apparently the best ones are in Dallas.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-20?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:2bfe0f3d-048b-47c8-bff7-de469d6fcfd8Post:cad75049-8757-4870-bd10-07bbba0e4448">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]why do people come over to your desk and want to show you something and they pick up and use YOUR pen!!! i'm a bit of a germ-a-holic and then i throw the pen away :( plus my male co-woker tells me who washes their hands in the bathroom and who doesn't - the list of "doesn't" is rather large!!!
    Posted by bridgetlb[/QUOTE]

I had a client come into the office yesterday and when I gave him my pen to sign some paperwork HE PUT IT IN HIS MOUTH barf....Just as he was doing it I said "Umm yea, could you not do that seeing as how it is really unsanitary" and then he continued so I told him to keep the pen....he then insisted on giving it back so I took it and threw it away

People are so gross!!! :(
  • edited December 2011
    Oh...well I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah, that's out of the way for most people involved. I wouldnt' have chosen that location if I wanted people to actually show up.
  • edited December 2011
    I really don't want to meet one of my guy friends at Twin peaks tonight for happy hour.  I really only said yes because I felt like he would call me anti social if I didn't and because I didn't go out last time he was in town.  Flame away, but I really enjoy nights in more often then nights out. Wink

Chris is coming with, so at least that gives us the excuse of leaving early because he has to work in the morning.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-20?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:2bfe0f3d-048b-47c8-bff7-de469d6fcfd8Post:4c835703-1f72-492c-815f-9b5c41bd0d3d">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I had a client come into the office yesterday and when I gave him my pen to sign some paperwork HE PUT IT IN HIS MOUTH barf....Just as he was doing it I said "Umm yea, could you not do that seeing as how it is really unsanitary" and then he continued so I told him to keep the pen....he then insisted on giving it back so I took it and threw it away People are so gross!!! :(
    Posted by cfibelkorn[/QUOTE]
    At my desk I would always have my own special pen that no one would think to steal plus I would never lend it to anyone and a cup of cheap Bics that I let other people use. I was that anal with my pen.
  • Buttercup509Buttercup509 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just read the I don't want to feed people thread. Wow. I'm glad I'm not invited to that wedding.

I also think the invitations/STDs discussion is kinda funny.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm really not looking forward to go to the "reception" we are going to tomorrow night.  It's a long story with this couple but we haven't seen either of them since about May because he isn't allowed to go out with his friends.  He actually told FI that if they wanted him to hang out he needed to get a 2 week notice so he could ask if he could go out.  She goes out all the time and lives him home with HER kid.  I'm all about helping out with the step-kid because I'm in the same boat but seriously leaving him at home alone every monday night so you can go get wasted with one of your friends is not cool!  Plus this is the same girl that went and registered for a single plate that cost $59.99 and expects us to buy them all this stuff.  There are about 5 couples that we hang out with that think the only reason they are having the reception is to get presents so we are just getting them a GC because I refuse to buy anything off her registry.  Maybe if she didn't feel so entitiled now that she has married up then I would dislike her so much but she thinks she is better than everyone else now.  Um sweetie be lucky he bought you off that stage the first night y'all met because otherwise you'd still be married to some loser and swinging from a pole!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Damn cat was laying on me in bed so I slept late. I feel like I have missed the good part of FFF. :-(

I agree with everyone about serving food. The thought of serving punch and cake never even crossed our mind . Our guest list is about 60% OOT. If they are coming to the wedding I am sure as hell gonna serve them dinner. Even if the weren't all oot I would still serve a meal.

As far as the invites I am guilty of sending them early. We didn't have time to send Save the Dates and felt like we should get the invites out a little early since people are gonna need to make accommodations.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-20?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:2bfe0f3d-048b-47c8-bff7-de469d6fcfd8Post:80927923-5300-43a4-ac58-74a1e1ecc81c">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want to be in the early stages of pregnancy for Thanksgiving and Christmas so that I don't have to do any traveling to see Bill's parents. Posted by juliebug1997[/QUOTE]

I'm making mental notes for the future but I thought it was in the late stages of pregnancy you really shouldn't travel?  Isn't there some rule that says not to fly after X weeks?  The beginning makes sense but you just don't hear much about it.  Or rather I haven't heard much but then again, I'm not in the baby making stage. 
  • edited December 2011
    Shortgirl,

The way I took that, I think she meant she hopes she's in the early stages of pregnancy now, so that she'll be further along during the holidays? Since she said she felt PMS coming on, but she hoped not.

Maybe I'm wrong, that's how I read it....
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-20?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:2bfe0f3d-048b-47c8-bff7-de469d6fcfd8Post:a93daca2-f88f-4d58-bbd4-608fcda635c9">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I'm making mental notes for the future but I thought it was in the late stages of pregnancy you really shouldn't travel?  Isn't there some rule that says not to fly after X weeks?  The beginning makes sense but you just don't hear much about it.  Or rather I haven't heard much but then again, I'm not in the baby making stage. 
    Posted by shortgirltx[/QUOTE]

My doctor told me to not fly after 35 weeks... but its not mandatory.  The pressure changes can make you go into labor.  Even driving long distances is not recommended.  We went to Austin when I was 6 weeks from my due date, and it was just uncomfortable sitting that long.... my daughter did end up coming 2 weeks early.

We did fly to New Jersey when I was 12 weeks pregnant, and it was an awful experience.  My stomach was nauseas the whole time and I couldn't stand the smells around me.
  • edited December 2011
    My friends GF traveled 8 hours one way by car to a town for Thanksgiving a couple of years ago.  Everyone was complaining that they were going to have to stop so often because she would need to pee and I felt a little bad for her because there are several stretches of road with no place to stop.  She was due a month later but she ended up delivering the next week.  Now that you shared your story Brianna, that trip may not have helped things.  You learn something new every day!
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My doctor even warned me about driving so far!!  And it was only 3.5 hours!  Don't worry, I was VERY thankful that she came early.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-20?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:2bfe0f3d-048b-47c8-bff7-de469d6fcfd8Post:4c835703-1f72-492c-815f-9b5c41bd0d3d">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I had a client come into the office yesterday and when I gave him my pen to sign some paperwork HE PUT IT IN HIS MOUTH barf....Just as he was doing it I said "Umm yea, could you not do that seeing as how it is really unsanitary" and then he continued so I told him to keep the pen....he then insisted on giving it back so I took it and threw it away People are so gross!!! :(
    Posted by cfibelkorn[/QUOTE]

no way! yuck!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-20?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:2bfe0f3d-048b-47c8-bff7-de469d6fcfd8Post:63576484-0a61-4a44-b09a-fda1eaadd5aa">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I paid $17 for my STDs and I thought they were cute.  They really did no good though--one of Ben's parents' closest friends threw theirs away and then booked a cruise on our wedding date. And I also sent my invites out at 8 weeks just so I could get them over with and reclaim my dining room table.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

i am a graphic designer, so our STD's were pretty "professional" looking, so several people told us they thought it was a junk postcard and had it in the recycling pile and then when about to throw it away was like "hey, that is jean-paul and bridget's pic!"
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've also heard that you're not supposed to fly during the early stages.  I'll have to do some research on this. 
  • beecjena08beecjena08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    NMAC- I have guest coming from all over the world so I have to do my stds' a year in advance just so that they can plan in advance. Also for most of them, it will cost about $2000 or more per person to travel so they need to save and plan if they come with thier spouses and children.
    It's going to be a lovely day!!!
  • rcpm44rcpm44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe I'm just PMSing (along with everyone else here) but if you can't make a decision about your wedding without coming to complete strangers on the internet I can't help but wonder how you've made it this long. I'm not talking about just this board, but with my club board too. What should my colors be, what should I get my BMs, should I do the garter toss or not?! Figure out what you and your FI like and do that!!
  • edited December 2011
    Renee -  Your awesome.  Hands down the best post of the day.
  • rcpm44rcpm44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm just tired of all the stupidity. Maybe I've turned into one of those old jaded Knotties that has been here too long, but man figure it out people!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-20?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:2bfe0f3d-048b-47c8-bff7-de469d6fcfd8Post:b0e6a473-afd8-4c4b-92be-37020fded79e">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE] one of those <font color="#000000">old jaded</font> Knotties that has been here too long
    Posted by rcpm44[/QUOTE]

I prefer wise with experience Knotties.  =)
  • edited December 2011
    I think LV purses are barf ugly. What kind of color scheme is that? Like they picked it out of the "Things that come out of a baby's butt" palette.

I heart Coach purses.....and TARGET purses. (hells yeah)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-20?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:2bfe0f3d-048b-47c8-bff7-de469d6fcfd8Post:b0e6a473-afd8-4c4b-92be-37020fded79e">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe I've turned into one of those old jaded Knotties that has been here too long, Posted by rcpm44[/QUOTE]

^That is me.
    I don't mind people asking for opinions though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards