Getting in Shape
Options

Wedding Dress

Hi Ladies...honest question...I have a bridal appt at a trunk show in 2 weeks because one of my favorite designers will have dresses there. My wedding isnt until October 6th,2012. I notice in another post someone said it was too early to have a fitting but that doesnt mean its too early to try on dresses does it?? I do plan on losing about 30 - 40lbs between now and them (more if I can), and I wanted to order my dress around the end of February(takes 5 months to come back). So my size i order in may be different then the size I am when it gets here but i dont want to take the chance of ordering too late and not get my dream dress. What should i do or what would you all do?

Re: Wedding Dress

• Options
    No, it's not too early to try dresses on.

it's too early for a fitting because that's having the dress altered.  Totally different.

Except, you can't order at trunk shows.  You buy what they have, don't you?

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_wedding-dress-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:602cb89f-7c3a-4f3d-b2b7-413ad19d2165Post:662ce6dc-8555-4a18-b2f7-cbc7f22ff77d">Re: Wedding Dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]No, it's not too early to try dresses on. it's too early for a fitting because that's having the dress altered.  Totally different.<strong> Except, you can't order at trunk shows.  You buy what they have, don't you?</strong>
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Depends upon the type of show.  There are clearance shows and then there are shows where the designer brings in their newer designs and you can get a good deal.  Kinda a promo thing.  I ordered mine from one.

OP: J's right.  It's not too early at all.  I ordered at the end of Feb. for my December wedding.  Just don't visit the seamstress for fittings until you are at the size you are going to be at your wedding, so you get the best fit.
  • Options
    Ohhh ok.  I didn't realize there were different kinds of trunk shows.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    It's definitely not too early to start looking/trying on. I ordered mine at the end of Feb for my Oct wedding last year. It came in with plenty of time for me to lose more weight before fittings.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards