Getting in Shape
Options

Gotta lose 15 lbs in 2 months.

What is the best diet plan to lost 15 lbs in 2 months. I weigh 130, and I want to get down to 115. I bought my wedding dress two years ago, and unfortunately this is how much weight I have put on. I have a 2 year old, so getting to the gym is hard. Any ideas, please let me know!!  I am desperate for anything.

Re: Gotta lose 15 lbs in 2 months.

• Options
    I'm in the same boat! I'm 137 and want to lose AT LEAST 10 more lbs, but really more like 20.

I bought a treadmill so I can run without having a get certain clothes on and worrying about a sitter. I also joined Weight Watchers. And, I've been doing a Jackie Warner DVD. I've lost 10 lbs since February 1st.

Now, the low carb diet makes you drop weight fast. It's disgusting, and I'm even a vegetarian. But I did it a long time ago and it really did work quickly.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Low carb diets are GREAT if you want to gain all the weight back once you start introducing carbs back into your diet again. Fad diets dont work.

I dont understand how you just figured this out two months in advance of the wedding if you have had the dress for two years.
  • Options
    Low carb is also terrible for you because you end up eating too much animal protein. Eating excessive amounts of animal protein has been linked to different types of cancers like stomach and intestinal cancer. Think I'd rather buy a new dress then get cancer later on in life.

I really think you'd be better off buying a new dress that is flattering to your current figure and then having that dress altered if you do get down to the weight you are hoping for. I'm not trying to be discouraging but I imagine with all of the things that are going to come up as you get closer to your wedding day its likely there won't be a whole lot of time to spend exercising. 

That said I still think its great to make the effort to eat well and start an exercise plan. 
  • Options
    I agree that a new dress may be a better option. Also depending on your height, 130lbs means you're already pretty small, and when you're that close to a goal weight you tend to lose a lot slower than when you have more to lose.

I agree that eating healthy and exercising is a great thing to do and you should definitely do your best to do those things, but I'm not sure you'll be able to get the results your looking for, which will add much stress to your wedding.

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Also, if it's not a corset back dress, you can see if they put the corset in.  That way you can keep the dress and you can adjust based on how much weight you lose.  You can lose weight but there's not as much pressure.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Cut our your carbs sister. If you had zero white flour, sugar and processed foods, focusing on eating lots of lean protein and veggies, you'll drop 15+. I promise. 
  • Options
    I've lost about twenty pounds in a little over two and a half months and I did it by eating healthier and Sweatin' to the Oldies :)

I agree with most other posters that fad diets don't work. Sometimes they even make you sick and you don't need that with a two year old AND a wedding! I suggest you try it the old fashioned way or see if there is a way to alter your dress to make it work for you now.

Good luck!!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I can understand cutting out white flour, sugar, and processed foods, but DO NOT cut out carbs! You need those! Just be smart about what carbs you ARE eating.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Just an FYI to whoever said to cut out carbs. It is virtually impossible to cut out carbs from your diet completely there are carbs in EVERYTHING. Carbs in veggies, carbs in fruit, carbs in milk, carbs in everything. You need a balanced diet, which means carbs (good carbs) ARE necessary.
  • Options
    Hello!
    Losing weight is really just a math problem. If you cut about a thousand calories a day from your current diet you should lose 2 pounds per week, which in two months is about 15 pounds.

A thousand calories a day seems like a lot, and it is. Its up to you how you want to cut those calories. If, for you, its hard to get exercise in, maybe you will have to focus mostly on diet and strictly only consume aprox one thousand calories a day.  For me, I work out about six hundred calories a day, so the extra four hundred left I cut from my diet.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Eating less than 1200 calories a day (in general) can be very dangerous and detremental to weight loss.  It pushes your body into starvation mode, which lowers your metabolism.  It can also cause your body to "borrow" calories from your muscles and convert them to fat for survival.

Up the cardio, and add in stength training (because 1 lb. of muscle burns more calories than 1 lb. of fat).  Eat healthy foods, and pay attention to when you are hungry.

If you eat out of boredom or stress (which I used to do), eat ice or chew gum.  It satisfies the urge and adds either no calories or very few calories.
  • Options
    The best things I have found in diet for a July wedding:

LEAN protein in meals; lots of fruits for snacks- things like oranges, berries, and grapes are lower in calories than bananas; yogurt - the fat-free plain kind is best with lots of berries mixed in; cut out cheese as much as possible and choose part-skim whenever available; stop adding sweeteners/cream to coffee; and avoid pasta/breads (refined carbs) as much as possible.

Being as active as possible in your current lifestyle- walking to the grocery or post office- can make the difference.  The videos listed above are a great idea if you have time, but I find that being active in even just housecleaning can help a lot - and it might reduce stress too!

Take these with a grain of salt ;)  I hope it works out for you!
  • Options
    Just wanted to mention I also LOVE the Lose It app, it has helped me lose 18 pounds - however if you don't have an iPhone, I believe they now also have a website, loseit.com!  Good luck...
  • Options
    Not in a good way. Yet it depends on your body and metabolism as well. But it is not really normal or healthy to lose that much in that amount of time.
  • Options
    I liost 12 lbs in two weeks, so I'm pretty sure it's possible. I worked out on my eliptical trainer for 30 mins everyday and I ate a very healthy diet. For my diet I live by this saying "If it doesn't have a mom and it didn't come from the ground, don't eat it!"
  • Options
    Don't cut out carbs but cut them in half, mainly by cutting out processed flours & sugars, i.e. no candy, cookies, bread, etc.  Get your carbs only from fruit, beans, nuts, etc.  That + working out will make you drop weight.  However, if it's really only two months from your wedding, I wouldn't bet on this plan, and I'd try to get the dress altered or buy a back-up.
  • Options
    Just eat sensibly and add strength training in to your day.  You may not lose as much weight as you want, but lifting weights add muscle which takes up less room than fat so you will lose inches which is really what is important when making a dress fit.  Also, doctor's say that a healthy amount of weight loss is 1-2 pounds per week so 15 lbs is possible and healthy.

Also, I don't like fad diets but I did the south beach diet for a few weeks and I lost 8 pounds the first two weeks (they say you can lose up to 13lbs).  After those two weeks, you slowly add things back in so you don't have to restrict yourself forever (that will only make it less likely that you will succeed).  Good luck!
  • Options

My uncle is a boxing coach and gives this 2 week only diet plan to his boxers to cut weight fast. What it does is clean out your system so that you are only eating protein and then the other things you eat in combination with it will burn any fat away from the food you just ate.. I've done this diet twice and you CANNOT do it for longer than 2 weeks! It is not good for you after that, plus it is designed to only work for 2 weeks. With this diet plan you can loose UP TO 25IBS in 2 weeks (depending on your weight/diet plan before you start) The 1st time I did this I lost 12IBS and the 2nd time I did this I lost 15IBS, my sister lost the full 25IBS but she was also heavier than me and had a poor diet before hand. If you choose to do this diet plan, you should not do it more than once within a 4 month span. The diet plan is below. I call it the "Egg Diet" because of how many eggs you have to eat :)

Egg Diet – 2 Weeks Only

YOU CAN LOOSE UP TO 25 POUNDS WITHIN 2 WEEKS. DO NOT ADD OR TAKE AWAY ANYTHING FROM THIS DIET PLAN, NO SALT, PEPPER OR SEASONINGS. YOU CAN EAT JUST THE EGG WHITES IF YOU WANT, AND HAVE WATER WITH EVERY MEAL. COFFEE & TEA MUST BE BLACK, NO ADDED SUGAR OR CREAMER, NO SODA OR JUICE.

BREAKFASTEVERYDAY**Grapefruit (1/2)    1-2 eggs, coffee or tea. This is the same everyday, except on both Mondays, you must eat three eggs.Monday:  Lunch- 3 eggs, tomatoes, coffee or teaDinner- 3 eggs, combination salad, 1 piece of dry toast, grapefruit, coffee or tea. Tuesday: Lunch- 1-2 eggs, grapefruit, coffee or teaDinner- steak, tomatoes, lettuce, celery, olives,   cucumbers, coffee or tea. Wednesday: Lunch- 1-2 eggs, tomatoes, green beans or broccoli, coffee or tea        Dinner- 2 lamb chops or steak, celery, tomatoes, cucumbers, coffee or tea Thursday: Lunch- combination salad, grapefruit, coffee or teaDinner- eggs, cottage cheese, spinach, dry toast, coffee or tea. Friday Lunch- fruit salad (fresh, unsweetened)            Dinner- steak, celery, tomatoes, cucumbers, coffee or tea Saturday: Lunch- same as  Friday                                                                                     Dinner- same as Friday Sunday: Lunch- cold chicken (broiled or baked), tomatoes grapefruit, coffee or teaDinner- canned vegetable soup (not vegetable beef), chicken, tomatoes, cucumbers, coffee or tea
  • Options
    The egg diet amberforyou suggested is a chloesterol nightmare.

Let me repeat what's already been said.
    FAB DIETS DONT WORK.

Once you reintroduce "regular" food, the weight will come back on.

No one needs to "clean out their system" with some crazy diet, simply switching to a diet lower in processed foods will do that.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It is very possible.  I lost 25 pounds in a month and a half.  All I did was cut out the sweets, watched the number of calories I ate each day and made sure I was eating healthy foods.  There are a lot of foods that are rich in vitamins and nutrients but are very few calories (like carrots, salad, apples, fruit leathers, turkey, tuna, etc.)  It's all a state of mind.  You just have to tell yourself it is worth it.  And drink lots of water!  

Good luck!
  • Options
    I second (or third?) Jillian Michaels.  I did it this summer and lost a few inches from my waistline very quickly.  Do it EVERY DAY.  You'll see results.  Use 3-5 pound weights.
  • Options
    I think the best thing you can do is to go on a sensible diet such as weight watchers online, which would help you keep track of what your eating. It is designed to help you lose a healthy 2 pounds a week on average. All you have to do is follow your points, and if you really want to make sure you lose it, add in some cardio as suggested, and it wouldn't hurt to buy a set of free weights. Weight watchers will also provide you with exercises you can do, along with recipes for your diet. I would say to stick to a sensible plan for one month, and then you can get the dress altered from there.
  • Options
    EXERCISE!!! I have heard GREAT things about P90X from several people. Also, do NOT eliminate any type of food (except junk food). Carbs act as fuel for your body which you need to exercise. You also need protein and fiber.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Well, there are lots of ideas on here! I am a Registered Dietitian, and I'd like to think I know something on the topic of weight loss;)

First off, the real truth is that fad diets do work- for a little while at least.  It all boils down to numbers...no matter what you have heard.  If you take in less calories than your body needs everyday, you will lose weight(as long as you don't have metabolic disorder, such as some thyroid disorders). The Atkins diet, Weight Watchers, the egg diet, extreme exercise...they can all work. The real problem is the adherence- changing your diet drastically or spending alot of time at the gym all of the sudden and keeping up the changes is difficult! Just know up front that it is possible to lose 15 pounds in 8 weeks- BUT you most likely will gain that all back, and maybe more, if you go extreme with your diet and can't keep it up.  This is called yo-yo dieting, and it's not healthy for your body.  But, as a fellow bride, I understand where you are coming from.:)   

Basically what I would recommend as a RD would be what many people have said- a low-fat, lower calorie diet that you will be able to sustain long after your wedding is over.  If you really want to, you can lose up to 2 pounds a week.  This would mean cutting about 1000 calories a day through exercise or eating less.  You need to first figure out how many calories you need- this you can get from many websites, but mypyramid.gov is good for this.

Weight watchers is really awesome and I highly recommend it- especially if you can go to actual meetings. They teach you real eating skills and nutrition! Aktins, while effective for sure, is NOT healthy.  It is not only starving your body of calories, but also of carbohydrates which are essential.  The Atkins diet recommends eating less than 20 g of carbs a day.  Your brain NEEDS 120 g of carbs a day- it can't use any other fuel (like fat or protein).  So, your body has to break down your own tissues and convert them to carbs for your brain- you are basically eating your own tissue- yuck! Not healthy either. But, that's why you lose weight! You are really making your body work!  

Oh, and exercise- walking 20-30 minutes a day would be great! But unless you can work off lots of calories a day (like 1000), you aren't going to lose it all just by exercise.  
  • Options
    it's possible, you're already small though so it's a lot hard the smaller you are. totally agree with lmark. eat right & try the shred. i just started it & i'm pretty positive i could lose 10lbs in a wk or 2.. but i have an extra 50lbs from baby weight, plus when i can actually do something i lose super easily. i wasn't able to exercise until now 9months later because of breaking my tailbone having my dd & i still can only do a modified version but now that the weather's a bit better i've also been taking her for little walks so i think playing with your 2 year old & doing active things will also help. or why not try the YMCA or something? swimming is one of the best & easiest ways to lose imo.
  • Options
    Join Weight Watchers!!! It works and my doctor recommended it to me.  He said "they have a way of motivating people".  True 100%.  I just joined and my 1st week I lost 3.5lbs.  I am addicted to it and there are great tools on their website.  You can do it!
    BFP 1/21/11...Missed Miscarriage 3/16/11...D&C 3/18/11
  • Options
    Drink only water - no diet or sports drinks, cut the sugar intake by half & the fat intake by half.  Cut your salt intake too.  Eat your fruits & veggies first, then meat, then carbs.  get more sleep.  Chase your baby for a kisses attack, chase your honey for a kisses attack.  Holding your baby, do lunges across the floor.  Do push ups, do reverse push ups.  Eat 6 times a day.  Go outside & play.  Retrain yourself to stress clean instead of stress eat.  Eat breakfast within 30 min of getting up.   
  • Options
    WHERE ARE YOU PEOPLE COMING FROM??????

Lbrace, good advice.  Finally.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_gotta-lose-15-2-months?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:6206e903-a03e-4aaf-b916-cbbf6a9f82b5Post:627ca49f-3b90-4ddd-990a-d12da3b08c6a">Re: Gotta lose 15 lbs in 2 months.</a>:
    [QUOTE]WHERE ARE YOU PEOPLE COMING FROM??????
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

This thread is a HOT. MESS.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    there are so many mean comments on here! i think you can do it. its a little faster than is normally healthy, but to do it for just a wedding day is completely possible.

Healthy weight loss is about .5# to 1# a week.  But 2# is within a fairly healthy range.  The 2 main things that i go by is calories and exercise. Your busy schedule won't be able to allow as much exercise as i would recommend, but you can always try to add it into regular daily activities.

Decrease your calories by about 300-500 a week depending on what you are already eating.  take out those simple sugars like sweets and minimize your pasta carbs.  Increasing your protein intake can give you an energy boost instead of the highs and lows of carbs, but no need to take them out completely.  Definitely get full servings of veggies! They are less calories and filling!

Exercise goals should include at least 60 min a day.  I don't think running is a must. Use an elliptical, fast walking, and biking can do it.  High intensity exercise will burn calories but also put on muscle so this may make some areas of your body not as slim.  So keep your activity at moderate intensity, so maybe the heart rate range you want is between 150-180 throughout the workout, this helps drop fat and help lean muscle build.  You can do this 4-5 times a week so you get some recovery time in as well.

Any other help i'd be glad to help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards