Getting in Shape
Options

Anyone tried Zumba?

Do you like it? Is it hard to catch on to the moves? We just joined a gym who has zumba classes alot and I wanna try it but I looked at some videos on youtube and it was kinda intimidating. I wanna try it  ( obviously not my first week back to the gym). I am just curious.

Obviously, I would think it cant be that hard if my FI grandma who is in her 70's does it twice a week but I am just curious on experiences.
Photobucket

Re: Anyone tried Zumba?

• Options
    i LOVE  zumba!!! i personally think its easy to catch on, but i have a dance background so that may be why. but the class is always packed and there are all sorts of different people in it.. fat, skinny, young, old.. you name it. a lot of the dances are repetitive so if you catch onto to the basics you will be fine!!! you should def try it!
    Meagan and Travis
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 2/27/11 Missed M/C 4/2/11
    BFP 6/8/11 Delilah Rae born February 17, 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So fun! Its like constant cardio :) Ive only done a few classes and wish that they still have them where I live now.

Go with a girl friend and stand in the MIDDLE of the class. If you stand  in the very back, you wont have anyone in front of you during the back facing sequences.

• Options
    I have the DVD and I didn't think it was hard to catch on at all. I really really really want to do classes but I can't afford them now.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I LOVE ZUMBA!!! I have been doing it since October and have lost almost 20lbs! It is so much fun and not hard to catch on. I usually burn close to 600 calories every class. It is so fun you don't even feel like your working out. Give it a try I bet you will love it too.

GL :)
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure that the Zumba class was going on when I got to the gym last night.  It was packed in the aerobics studio.  Full of alllll sorts of people.  The two that stuck out most in my mind were 50-60 y/o guys.  So yeah, you should be fine.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i live in Spain and i do Zumba twice a week and i loooooovvvvveeeeee it!! its not hard to catch on and if you dont get the moves it doesnt really matter because youre still bouncing around and losing weight! i feel as if its really toning up my tummy and arms its great! go for it you have nothing to lose... except those extra pounds! :D
  • Options

Thanks girls. This is only my first week back at the gym so im not quite gonna jump into the class quite yet. Maybe next week I might try it. I know there is another one going on tomarrow or tonite. I may use a machine close to the doors of the studio so I can see what they are doing. It looks fun but I just wouldnt wanna look crazy and like I dont know what im doing.

Photobucket
  • Options
    You have to remember that everyone starts somewhere!!! Dont be afraid. YOU CAN DO IT!!! :)
    Anyone thats in there had to go to their first class once. 
  • Options
    You could totally do it on your first week back at the gym. I go once a week and it's really fun, but it is NOT nearly as hard of a workout as a step class, circuit class, etc. People of all fitness levels do it, and do fine. It's not something you would need to "ease" into.

Like PP have said, the classes are full of all types- in and out of shape, thin, heavy, old, young. We have some 50-60 yr old men, too, and they have absolutely no idea what they are doing- they are flailing around 3 steps behind everyone else, but the cute thing is how much fun they are having! Beaming the whole time.

If you watch a class, you'll see how EVERYONE looks ridiculous (unless they have experience with Latin dance...there are maybe 2 like that in my class). Everyone else, myself included, look foolish. But it doesn't matter! That's what makes it fun. No one is focusing on each other, just on themselves.

• Options
    I just started zumba last week.. along with yoga.. AND I l ove it.. I am so NOT cordinated at all and I follow along pretty good....  My instructer lost 65 lbs just doing zumba after her baby was born... IM keeping with it.. and I think its fun.. HOpe you get a chance to do it.. its fun
  • Options
    Definitely do it!  I did it ONE time (they don't have it at my gym & I just can't pay extra to do it somewhere else) but I fell in love!  As ALL PPs say, there is such a variety of people in those classes, at all fitness levels.  It's the kind of workout that you can take to your own level, you can make it simpler or more intense, it's all up to you, so you could definitely do it your first week back. 

I did it the day after Thanksgiving, hung-over and still full, and I survived!!  I'd do it every day if I could!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards