Getting in Shape

HCG diet?

Anyone here know anything about the HCG diet?  I need to lose about 30 pounds by October 16!  

Re: HCG diet?

• Hi,
    One of my best friends recently did the HCG diet. She lost 23 pounds in a month. But I don't think it's healthy...
  • From the hCG diet info page:

What is the hCG Diet?

The hCG weight loss protocol consists of a very low calorie diet (VLCD) accompanied by treatments of hCG, rather oral or injected.  The average hCG dieter experiences rapid weight loss averaging 1 to 3 pounds per day.  In addition to loss of unwanted fat, the true benefit of the hCG protocol is its ability to help modify the dieter's relationship with food and eating, resulting in easily maintained, long-term weight loss.

Very low calorie says to me it's going to teach me how to be anorexic.
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2010

People ask about this a lot on here.  Here are some older posts about the diet:

http://tinyurl.com/2f53mmb

http://tinyurl.com/2ej8rax

http://tinyurl.com/2ewoq77

You have time to lose the weight in a healthy way which will give you a better chance of learning to live a healthier lifestyle and keep the weight off. 

I would recommend either joining Weight Watchers to help you make better food choices or to start tracking your eating on sparkpeople.com or thedailyplate.com.  Both sites will help you will how many calories you need to reach your goal.

You should also focus on exercising to help burn more calories.  Find a couple of cardio exercises that you enjoy doing.  Add some weight lifting to build muscle and increase your metabolism.  If you lurk here, you'll find other healthy tips.  GL!

• You have plenty of time to lose 30ibs by Oct the HEALTHY way. This is not healthy, not even close. Stick around the board the girls here are very helpful.
    Photobucket
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Is this like the new stupid fad or something? Why does such a stupid question get asked so often. Does no one have any common sense anymore?!
  • edited May 2010
    I lost 45lbs in 5 months by doing it the HEALTHY way. You can easily lose 30 by Oct.  There is no earthly reason for you to try such an awful, horrible diet fad as this one.  IF YOU HAVE TO INJECT YOURSELF with shiit, then it is NOT a healthy or sustainable diet!!!!
  • raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    But guys, you can lose weight so fast! And then gain it all back plus just as fast, but come on, isn't this idea AWESOME?!?!??!

/sarcasm
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 500Cal/day = starvation. Your metabolism will get messed up and your body will break down muscle tissue. It's not good for you. hCG doesn't help with weight loss, and its effects in someone who isn't pregnant haven't been studied so we don't know if it's even safe. This is an incredibly horrible thing to do to your body. Please don't try this diet.
    Anniversary
  • courtzfcourtzf member
    First Comment
    One of my coworker's daughters is doing this diet right now. She puts the drops under her tongue then eats small amts of chicken, fruits, and vegetables. These are all great foods to add to a healthy diet, but she only eats 500 calories in a whole day! And she's lost something like 20 lbs in 25 days.
    She doesn't even have to work out...how amazing! haha. I don't know how she could have any energy to even try to work out if she wanted to. But the one thing that's keeping her going is that her boyfriend told her he notices a difference. And my coworker keeps talking about the pizza place her daughter can't wait to eat at as soon as the diet is over. So the diet isn't teaching her any lifelong habits, she's just choking down her chicken, fruits, & vegetables for the duration of the diet until she can go back to eating all of her normal food again.
    Another coworker & I try to support each other while at work by talking about the healthy foods we bring in our lunches, eating small meals together throughout the day, and keeping track of the slow but steady progress we are making while our other coworker taunts us with how quickly her daughter is losing the weight....so annoying! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Courtzf, just curious, how old is the coworker's daughter? If she's a minor I would be reporting her to DCF.
    Anniversary
  • If you track your calories and excercise, you can definitely drop 30 pounds by October, in a healthy way.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards