Getting in Shape
Options

New to the board... In need of moral support

Okay so wedding is in 10 months.  Last spring before we got engaged I buckled down and lost about 8 pounds and have since started a new job.  I don't deal with stress very well and have since put some back on.  I shut down.  I eat crappy and stop working out in order to put the time to studying more.  The training is from September and goes until April so I have ways to go. I have been traveling a fair amount which never helps. I refuse to gain a bunch of weight right before my wedding due to stress. I don't really care about numbers I just want to feel good in my wedding dress.  I just need to find new ways to channel the stress.  I will be traveling all next week and I have decided the week I get back it's ON.  I'm getting back to it.  I decided to check this out to have others hold me accountable. 
I will try and post weekly!  Best of luck to you all! :)

Re: New to the board... In need of moral support

• Options
    Good for you to making a commitment, but why not start now?  I know it isn't easy when you are traveling, but maybe you can use the gym if you are staying at a hotel, and plan ahead and bring healthy snacks with you, then try to make good choices when you are eating out (lean meats, veggies...)

You can certainly wait until you get back, but the sooner you start, the sooner you see results and start feeling better!  Good luck and welcome.  This is a great board for support!
    imageimage
    BFP 5/2/11, missed m/c, D&C 6/13/11
    BFP 12/8/11--Little Girl E Born 8/22/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The training is 8 parts and this will be the third... Starting this week would be a major let down.  I figure once I get through next week and the massive test on Friday I can start with a clean slate and don't have to be back at training until the end of January.  That gives me about a month and a half of zero excuses. 
  • Options
    Sounds like you have a plan. I'd be glad to be an exercise accountability buddy with you. I too am starting out and hate exercise and could use some encouragement and accountability. 
  • Options

This is a great board.  I normally just read but lately, I have felt better by just posting here and there.  Support and the knot is a winning combo!
  • Options
    Good for you!  I am doing the same and would be glad to help you out if you will help me!  I'll add you to my friends!  Going to the gym tomorrow and actually looking forward to it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards