Getting in Shape
Options

Cellulite- My nemesis....

I know there is no sure-fire way to get rid of it, but does anyone know anything I can do to reduce the cellulite in my bum and upper thighs? I already work out 5 days a week, boot camp and spin classes....what else can I do? I'm also thinking this might be part genetics because I am not overweight (5'6", 115 lbs) but it wont go away! Please help!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker Learning to make a good brisket is only the beginning. www.shiksatoyenta.wordpress.com

Re: Cellulite- My nemesis....

• Options
    I'm the same way, I've had cellulite on my butt and thighs since I was a 5'8" 110lb teenager.  It is genetic, and there's no real "cure", although I've had luck getting it temporarily reduced with lotions containing caffeine.
  • Options
    I have read that a clean diet really help- low in processed foods & sodas (even diet). Try drinking green tea as an add-on to what you're already doing, it has seriously helped me slim down over the past few weeks because it has lots of antioxidants.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I have the same problem. A clean diet is definitley helping, and I have also been doing "dry brushing" before I shower. Google it, I am truly seeing a difference. Though, I don't know if it ever completely goes away!

• Options
    Girl, I know how you feel. I'm thin but no matter what I do I have cellulite AND stretch marks on my inner thighs (from a sudden growth spurt). I've heard similar things about green tea--though I can't stand the stuff. But if you like it it might be worth a try for you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lynchaa -- what brand of green tea?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_cellulite-nemesis?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:666b8819-e1b6-4bbd-b829-726bf22881e2Post:539b6795-e4da-48e0-93f6-f1a00ef34d65">Re: Cellulite- My nemesis....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Girl, I know how you feel. I'm thin but no matter what I do I have cellulite AND stretch marks on my inner thighs (from a sudden growth spurt). I've heard similar things about green tea--though I can't stand the stuff. But if you like it it might be worth a try for you.
    Posted by csweaney[/QUOTE]

Are you going to tell us all how thin you are in every post?

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_cellulite-nemesis?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:666b8819-e1b6-4bbd-b829-726bf22881e2Post:f06fb957-9de0-448e-bc76-153420d3618d">Re: Cellulite- My nemesis....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cellulite- My nemesis.... : Are you going to tell us all how thin you are in every post?
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

If history repeats itself, I think so.
  • Options

It sounds to me like you're doing a whole lot of cardio and not so much weight lifting. Fat is responsible for the cellulite. Reduce your body fat % and up your muscle mass. I bet if you start working in more strength training that you'll see a difference. Also I've heard grapefruit can help.

• Options
    I agree that it has to do with the amount of fat in your body, but I have also read that it is not simply the amount of fat, it's the composition of it. Even if you don't have that much, if you have "weak" fat cells, you are at higher risk for cellulite. I have found quite a bit of luck by trying to up my intake of foods with lots of Omega-3 fatty acids, as the article I read suggested, because they are supposed to strengthen the composition of your fat cells helping to decrease the appearance of if not eliminate cellulite. I try to have grilled fish for supper or another food with a high concentration of Omega-3s at least once a week, and although it wasn't an immediate fix, after awhile, alongside eating healthy and exercising, this seemed to help.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards