July 2012 Weddings
Options

late night rant

So i couldnt sleep. I went to the etiquette board and found it insane how some of these women were commenting ON THE ETIQUETTE BOARD. Calling people white trash, dum dum, being complete A holes all because someone didnt break their rant into paragraphs or they used all capital letters. Some of these women are here are just SNARKY B*****!

I would also like to add... THANK YOU FOR NOT BEING LIKE THIS!!!!!! 
pregnancy calendar

Re: late night rant

• Options
    Agree!! I never post on that board, I always ask my questions here. There are some ladies over their that prey on people just because of a typo! 
    *~The Future Mrs. Paine~*

*~Planning Bio Updated April 16th~*

image 331 invited image 107 are ready to party image 96 are missing out image 128 can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 30th!
  • Options
    Oh there's one woman there (I won't name names) who is the meanest person. You would have thought she wrote the etiquette book herself by the way she scolds people for not following "the rules". Well the rules are meant to be broken sometimes!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I have a feeling I know exactly who you mean and she's not even a bride, she's a MOB and she always rubs me the wrong way.  I'm all about getting honest advice, but they get downright ugly over there.  You don't have to be a bitch to let someone know that what they're doing is considered rude or tacky.  The rules change all the time and if you point out something to them from a credible source that goes against their precious rules, they slam that source as having sold out to the wedding industry and dig in their heels.  I have no desire to be rude or tacky, but some things that were rude and tacky 20-40 years ago aren't anymore (wearing black to a wedding, gift registries), even by their standards so who gets to decide?  Who sets the moral wedding compass?  Snarky, stuck-up little snots?  I think not! 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Ahhhh I sometimes hate those boards! I post very rarely on them. I posted once on the moms & maids and got completely hammered into the ground. Granted my post had been written out of emotion and freaking out (about finding out my BM was pregnant and due 10 days before my original wedding date), but daaaang! You can tell someone they are wrong without insulting them like they do! Yes, honesty is good...but there is a little thing called tact.

And I have no comment on that MOB you guys are referring to! lol (Other than I know EXACTLY who you are talking about.)
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_late-night-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:1a33474f-8270-4c62-a8ef-913d8c0dd52ePost:8cf414bf-8732-4b28-95d4-9cc9b203f299">Re: late night rant</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a feeling I know exactly who you mean and she's not even a bride, she's a MOB and she always rubs me the wrong way.  I'm all about getting honest advice, but they get downright ugly over there.  You don't have to be a bitch to let someone know that what they're doing is considered rude or tacky.  The rules change all the time and if you point out something to them from a credible source that goes against their precious rules, they slam that source as having sold out to the wedding industry and dig in their heels.  I have no desire to be rude or tacky, but some things that were rude and tacky 20-40 years ago aren't anymore (wearing black to a wedding, gift registries), even by their standards so who gets to decide?  Who sets the moral wedding compass?  Snarky, stuck-up little snots?  I think not! 
    Posted by xobride[/QUOTE]

YEP. We are thinking of the same person.  People ask questions on that board because frankly most people don't know etiquette when they start planning weddings. Some people giving advice forget this and get snooty about it.
  • Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that way.  The thing that really irks me is people not answering the question asked and rather than just keeping their mouths shut, they go off on a tirade on the poor person.  If I think what someone is doing is tacky, but all they asked about is how to do it, I just move on to another post.  Tact and respect seem to be completely lost on the etiquette board.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Before I found the July board, I used to get so annoyed with people's rude responses on other boards. I know who you are referring to and think that is so wierd that she would want to sit around ALL day on this site and try and give her cr*ppy advice to brides. Her daughter got married years ago it sounds like. Sorry, but I don't plan on hanging out on this board and site for years after the wedding. What a loser!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Yah i noticed that the picture is of her daughter and husband and i was thinking wtf why are you here!?
    pregnancy calendar
  • Options
    After this being in the back of my mind all day. I couldnt help but think of the poor girl who posted looking for help. I decided enough was enough. I reported the women who insults everyone because she just doesnt have any class. 
    pregnancy calendar
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards