Getting in Shape
Options

(XP) Getting rid of cellulite?

Hi girls,
Is there any real way to get rid of the cellulite on the backs of my thighs? It's not really a weight-loss issue (I'm about 6'0 tall and a size 4/6), just some stubborn cottage cheese. It's enough of an issue that I'm embarrassed to wear a swimsuit, but I'd really like it to be gone before the wedding! Any viable solutions, ladies? I've got exactly 6 months to get this worked out...
"He who laughs at himself never runs out of things to laugh at."

Re: (XP) Getting rid of cellulite?

• Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited May 2011
    My understanding is that cellulite is largely a genetic thing and there's not much that can be done about it.  I'll be interested to see if you get any other (better) responses, though.  Sorry my response sucks so much.
  • Options
    There is an FDA approved laser treatment that supposedly really does the trick in a few treatments.   I don't know of any other way than that.
  • Options
    Nivea firming cream.  Comes in a tub.  That helps- but it won't get rid of it completely or forever.  Also buy a tanning lotion- the kind that fake-tans you slowly.  If your skin is tan it is a great way to disguise cellulite!  But I would never recommend real tanning! :) 

-oh, and fake tanning lotions also disguise stretch marks.  Bonus! ")
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_xp-getting-rid-of-cellulite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:6e4c78ab-bda0-4e5f-aa45-fc2ba1b092f8Post:b5a5bff2-f3d9-4dd5-b764-9808dcf6c8fe">Re: (XP) Getting rid of cellulite?</a>:
    [QUOTE] If your skin is tan it is a great way to disguise cellulite!  But I would never recommend real tanning! :)  -oh, and fake tanning lotions also disguise stretch marks.  Bonus! ")
    Posted by Davesgrl2011[/QUOTE]

That's totally true too.  A little tan definitely makes little skin imperfections less noticeable.  i've been meaning to pick up some tan in a bottle myself.
  • Options
    Honestly, I had a little cellulite in the backs of my legs and my butt before I started working out. Now I'm about a year into 4-5 days at the gym a week and my body has changed a lot. I haven't lost any weight, but I toned up a lot and it's essentially gone. There are some remnants, but for the most part it's gone. I guess building the muscle in those areas helped fill it out? 

Not exactly sure, but I know that helped for me. Try focusing on those areas. Squats, deadlifts, lunges.
  • Options
    Here's my opinion from what I know. I am not a doctor or nutritionist or anything of the sort. This is just what I've gathered from reading up on how to get rid of my own!

Not to be a downer but, a friend of mine is a model. She seriously has the most ridiculous body you've ever seen - very fit. And she even has cellulite. Granted, not very much but it's there on her thighs. 85 percent of women have cellulite, unfortunately.

There are some cosmetic treatments you can do that, for lack of a better description, heat then push your fat cells so they disperse more evenly and diminish the look of pockets. (This does have to be routine though, otherwise it just comes back)

From what I understand, cellulite is genetic. So whether you're thin or not, some people get it and some people don't. Most women have some form of cellulite.  It has to do with the way the fat is stored underneath your skin (something about the connective tissue and fluids pushing up causing "dimples" or something, idk haha)

Creams help, but only temporarily (don't waste the $$). Tanning also helps but again, it's only aesthetic (this would be my choice though to hide it).   Eating healthy and exercise can also help but it sounds like you don't have much to lose, if any. Actually removing the cellulite 100 percent is really not possible, from what I understand.

I'd say work on the aesthetics so you feel comfortable enough to throw your bathing suit on.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I swear spinning has helped to diminish my cellulite-- definitely not gone, but huge improvement fairly quickly! An airbrush tan is great too!
  • Options
    Drinking a ton of water helps too, it won't go away but your skin will look better.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Your new best friend= a tub of preperation H. It is water proof and firms cottage cheese like you wouldnt believe!
  • Options
    melhigsmelhigs member
    First Comment
    Even though it might not work 100%, working out regularly (especially doing a lot of repititions with very light weights) seems to help my celulite go away and become a lot less noticable. I'd trust that more than the creams that all claim to work.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_xp-getting-rid-of-cellulite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:6e4c78ab-bda0-4e5f-aa45-fc2ba1b092f8Post:b802a290-5983-4446-b022-ddab3f9023e7">Re: (XP) Getting rid of cellulite?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>There is an FDA approved laser treatment that supposedly really does the trick in a few treatments</strong>.   I don't know of any other way than that.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

I NEED this!

Bio
    "You wore a tit dress at an AIDS party??? You need to go to the whore corner with Mara " - Blue
  • Options
    doeie04doeie04 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    I was watching this plastic surgery show. (I find them very interesting, on a medical level.) This lady had her cellulite worked on. From what I understood, there are these little tissue strands that connect your skin to your muscles, so when you have even a little bit of fat, it is dimpled. In the show, they inserted this forked thing that cut the strands.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards