Getting in Shape
Options

Vacation: Eating and Exercise

I need ideas from all of you lovely, helpful women.

I'm going to be out of the country for three weeks over Christmas.  Where I will be, they don't really do "low-fat", "low-cal" meals. I'll be in a very crowded, smoggy city, so running outside for exercise isn't a real option.

How in the world do I maintain my diet and exercise routine on this vacation and make sure I don't gain back 10 lbs? 

I'm finally starting to feel happy with how I look, although I still want to lose 20 more pounds.  I'm terrified that this trip will ruin my progress, and frankly, that's starting to ruin the trip for me.  I want to enjoy this vacation!

Re: Vacation: Eating and Exercise

• Options
    Eat as many green vegetables as you can and try to make sure they are available (i dont believe you if you say there arent any), have smaller portions, no creamy sauces,  try to cut back on fattier foods whenever possible, keep hydrated and be as active as you possibly can. If you have time and space, try bringing a couple handweights (unless youre flying?) to still do some exercise - weight instead of cardio. If he keep up your willpower, you will atleast maintain if not continue to lose.
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm going to India.  And we'll be eating out... a LOT.  We'll be going to a wedding which lasts 5 days, and will be a food orgy.  They cook with so much oil and butter, and I've been warned off fresh fruits and raw veggies because of stomach bugs.
  • Options
    I would recommend just limiting your portions.  Indian food has a lot of vegetarian options generally, so try to stick to that and scrape off as much of the sauce as you can.  No need to scoop it up with bread, either.  Go on to shape.com or glamour.com or fitsugar.com and download some of their workout routines so you can do some strength training wherever you're staying.  You can always do cardio in a small room - jumping rope sans actual rope, jumping jacks, etc, just like on the 30 day shred. 

Remember - just because it's a food orgy doesn't mean you have to overindulge.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Closed on our house 4-15-11!
  • Options
    You can definitely still workout.  like lalanav said you can do all sorts of cardio on your own in a room, also you can still do all sorts of crunches.  If you dont have access to a video write down the order of excercises from your fav excercise video.  Even if you can't bring weights you can often use something to replace them food cans bottles of soda/water anything easy to hold with a little heft.   Just remember you don't have to just give in to the temptations of the vacation. 
  • Options

I would pack a lot of protein bars to snack on and use as meal replacements when needed.  In addition to sit-ups and push-ups, you can also buy the resistance bands. They are very portable and yYou can do every body part with them.   I would not even worry about dieting during the 3 day celebration.  I heard that they are so much fun and to actually go to one in India might be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Indulge and enjoy....you will get back on track when you get home.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards