Getting in Shape
Options

New and Training for a 1/2 marathon

Well I'm relatively new here. I've posted a few times but wanted to actually introduce myself. Our wedding is just under 6 months away! 8.31.13

I just started running again and decided that I'm going to train for a 1/2 marathon. Mainly to prove that I've got it in me. It's been one of my goals on the bucket list for a while and I just decided why not now.

So happy sweating everyone!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: New and Training for a 1/2 marathon

• Options
    Hi!  I'm not totally regular as I pop in and around and am basically all over the place.

I think August 31st is an excellent day to be married - it's my birthday :-)

Congrats on training for a half marathon!  The Boston Marathon is my goal one day.  But, ya know, I'm way back at upping my mileage to 6 miles at the moment - I have a ways to go!  Luckily, it's a life goal not a more immediate situation.

Have you been a runner before?  How are you training?
  • Options
    <div>Good luck!  </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_new-and-training-for-a-12-marathon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:772e320a-49b7-440c-838d-8e9a0b278009Post:493c7a71-4624-45c0-b2fb-1c318f42f663">New and Training for a 1/2 marathon</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well I'm relatively new here. I've posted a few times but wanted to actually introduce myself. Our wedding is just under 6 months away! 8.31.13 I just started running again and decided that I'm going to train for a 1/2 marathon. Mainly to prove that I've got it in me. It's been one of my goals on the bucket list for a while and I just decided why not now. So happy sweating everyone!
    Posted by krose83013[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    Good luck, Welcome officially and Feel free to chime in anytime about anything!!!

Getting Hitches 08/09/2014

• Options
    Welcome!!  There's a few of us at the moment training for various half marathons, so welcome to the fold!  I'm also using Hal Higdon's plan based on kwith's recommendation and love it!!  Good luck and hope to see more of you around the board!
  • Options
    Good Luck!!! Looking back on pictures and seeing how good you look is a great motivation to get your butt up in the morning and run!
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the encouragement! 

I can currently run 4.5 decently. And I just started back up last week so I'm in decent shape for starting the training (I hope!). 

I'm doing the Hal Higdon's Novice 2 training and hopefully plan on moving up the Intermediate training when I get this first 12 weeks completed!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Hi and welcome! 

COngrats on pushing yourself to do a 1/2 You got this :) We have quite a few runners on here (as you can see) so you have friends here to keep each other motivated. 

:) 
  • Options
    Hi and welcome!  I'm fairly new here myself and can tell you the ladies here are amazing!  Have you picked a race yet?  I like the Hal Higdon plans too... although I haven't run in so long that I'm currenty using the "put-on-your-sneakers-for-God-sakes-and-run" plan. 

Good luck and if you have any Qs please ask! 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_new-and-training-for-a-12-marathon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:772e320a-49b7-440c-838d-8e9a0b278009Post:445f4036-7641-43c4-ae38-397809aa6318">Re: New and Training for a 1/2 marathon</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi and welcome!  I'm fairly new here myself and can tell you the ladies here are amazing!  Have you picked a race yet?  I like the Hal Higdon plans too... although I haven't run in so long that I'm currenty using the<strong> "put-on-your-sneakers-for-God-sakes-and-run"</strong> plan.  Good luck and if you have any Qs please ask! 
    Posted by Giaspo[/QUOTE]

<div>Love your plan! </div><div>
    </div><div>I'm going to do the Iron Run Half Marathong in Pine Grove, PA. It's a trail run. </div><div>
    </div><div>If any of you use My Fitness Pal add me:  krose21987 </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm training for my first half right now too.  And using Hal Higdon's plan. 

I also added you on MFP, I'm lovelyheathers over there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards