Getting in Shape
Options

Starting today

I am usually very lazy when it comes to the eating healthy and workout department. Im not very educated when knowing whats healthy and whats not. I have gained lbs in my pregnancy and never lost it all.  She is almost 2 now. sigh. I guess its time to lose it. My wedding is in august. any tips, advice, or knowledge would be great

Re: Starting today

• Options
    I just started too.
    Right now I just stopped drinking soda, Then taking baby steps after that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    Join in on daily accountability threads!  It's very motivating when you know you have to report back to a bunch of people the next morning.

Also, many of the regular posters on here are on myfitnesspal.com.  I would highly recommend checking that out so you can start tracking/logging your calories consumed and burned.  They have a ton of healthy recipes on that site (and we have some at the top of the thread list on this board).

Tell us more about what you trypically eat or do/want to do for exercise?  
  • Options
    The most important (and sometimes the toughest) part of seeing results is being committed! Once you are determined to make the necessary changes, everything else will fall into place.

First tip is eating clean. No processed foods or foods that are high in refined sugar (think, candy, soda, cake, donuts, some muffins and bagels, etc...) The spike in your insulin levels increases fat absorption in your body.

Second tip is start moving more. The more you exercise the more you want to eat better. You won't want a big greasy meal after a hard workout. So these two compliment each other.

Lastly make a plan. Have a plan of what you will eat each day, and have a plan each time you workout. If you leave these up to chance you are really hurting your chances of seeing change.

Congratulations on wanting to be healthier! Know that you can do it and it is worth it!
    The Lean Body Bride. The Ultimate Bridal Transformation Workout Plan. http://www.theleanbodybride.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards