Getting in Shape
Options

Help need for a flatter stomach

So I'm almost 5 months out from the big day and have been working hard to get back into shape by drinking more water and working out regularly (I am still struggling with this as my schedule is hectic and I for some reason don't seem to want to get out of bed before my 5:45 alarm...any ideas how to get up earlier (I would love to be working out by 5:15)). However, I have noticed that where I put on weight before getting back into things seems to be my tummy area and I would really like to go back to a flatter stomach before the big day and honeymoon!!!! Does anybody have any ideas or workouts that has really helped with this particular area??

Anniversary

Re: Help need for a flatter stomach

• Options
    You can't spot reduce, but you can build your core muscles (try yoga, pilates, or an ab class) and you can burn fat to reveal your lean muscle.  Weight lifting is a great way to increase lean mass which will help your body burn more calories while at rest.  Try some high intensity intervals and cardio to kick start your fat burning. 

Diet is another area you can focus on- eat high protein, reduced fat (not non-fat) and whole grain foods.  Avoid overly processed carbs like white rice, white pasta, white bread, and increase your fruit & veggie intake.

Also- to motivate me to get up in the morning & hit the gym, I either sign up for a class or make a date with a friend.  It helps keep my accountable :)  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_need-flatter-stomach?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:8051f11c-b4c2-4021-b5ce-d045c2c5611bPost:49587fa2-e9d4-45be-ab2e-2ff6a0994878">Re: Help need for a flatter stomach</a>:
    [QUOTE]You can't spot reduce, but you can build your core muscles (try yoga, pilates, or an ab class) and you can burn fat to reveal your lean muscle.  Weight lifting is a great way to increase lean mass which will help your body burn more calories while at rest.  Try some high intensity intervals and cardio to kick start your fat burning.  Diet is another area you can focus on- eat high protein, reduced fat (not non-fat) and whole grain foods.  Avoid overly processed carbs like white rice, white pasta, white bread, and increase your fruit & veggie intake.<strong> Also- to motivate me to get up in the morning & hit the gym, I either sign up for a class or make a date with a friend.  It helps keep my accountable :)</strong>  Good luck!
    Posted by medicapril[/QUOTE]

I meet someone at a 5:45am class 2 days a week so I need to be out of my house by 5:30am and up by 5:10am-5:15am. I would feel terrible if I didn't show up because I know she's counting on me to be there. That really helps me get up.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I've been doing some of the Jillian Michael's DVDs.  Mainly been doing the 30 day shred, but will throw in a ripped in 30 workout or a 6 weeks to 6-pack workout.  Her approach in the 30 day shred is 3 circuits of 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and a minute of abs.  On top of that I've been doing the Wii fit...mainly th Free wii step for 3 minutes.  I've been focused for about 2 1/2 weeks now, and I already feel my stomach toning up some.  Hoping to do some cardio at the gym to burn some of my fat to reveal my muscles as well.
    Anniversary image

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• Options
    I do weighted ab exercises.  Swiss ball crunches holding a 45 pound plate over my head.  Hanging leg raise with a 25 pound dumbbell between my feet.
    BFP #3 July 2012 = EDD 4/1/2013
    BFP #2 May 2012 = loss at 4w3d
    BFP #1 January 2003 = 9 year old son

imageimage
    ? My BFP Chart
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I know it's difficult when you already have to get up so early for work....I'm a teacher and to get to the gym, showered, and out the door in time for school I'd have to be up at 4:30.  Something that worked better for me was doing workout DVDs for a morning workout (insanity or P90X).  It's a great workout, I could get up a little later because it was at home, and I didn't have to face the idea of going out in the cold before my shower (a big deal to me for some reason haha).
    127image 88image 39imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards