Getting in Shape
Options

Stage 2 of NROL4W

I started stage 2 last night after the recommended one week break.  It wasn't as bad as I anticipated but today my shoulders and back are killing me.  I like that!  I'm excited to start the interval running also.  I'm really eager to see some results, hopefully will have a lot of progress to post in a few weeks.

I'm advocating for you ALL to go buy New Rules of Lifting for Women and follow the plan.  It made me love weight lifting, which I thought was impossible.

Re: Stage 2 of NROL4W

• Options
    It's pretty fun isn't it?  I did 2A for the second time last night and I can feel it in my shoulders and upper back today.  Those one-point rows are awesome.  I find those damned static lunges freaking hard!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Question - is this something you need to have a gym membership for? Or can you do it at home? I've been interested in this. But I don't want something that is going to cost me an arm and a leg either.
    Nine-Ten Siggy Challenge: Favorite Picture of FI and Me!
    imageimage

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    204image 138image 41image 25image RSVP August 18

• Options
    To do it at home, you'd need a pretty wide range of free weights, including dumbbells and barbells.  And a cable machine.

I think it's a lot easier to do in a gym.
  • Options
    FI's parents have a cable machine that they don't use and FI has been wanting to move it over to our house. Hmm. I work nights...and stay at home with our 2 year old during the day...so getting to the gym isn't really easy.
    Nine-Ten Siggy Challenge: Favorite Picture of FI and Me!
    imageimage

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    204image 138image 41image 25image RSVP August 18

• Options
    Where can I find this?  I would love to try this at my gym.  Can I just google it?
  • Options
    Yes, so much fun! Totally agree with the one point rows, makes me feel like a sexy gym rat. I'm sad that I can't squat high weights because the push press part is too dang hard, it's like starting over, but I guess that's the point.

I started doing it at a home gym but outgrew that in the first week, it's a lot easier to do with the full range of weights and equipment.
  • Options
    If you've got access to a cable machine, then maybe check out Craigslist for free weights.  It would be helpful to have a squat rack, but not necessary.

venessar, it's a book, New Rules of Lifting for Women by Lou Schuler.  I would definitely suggest checking it out.  The book is fantastic and the program is really fun (if pain and sweat are you idea of fun).
  • Options
    I actually bought the book bc I was so curious. Although I am doing a different workout right now that my trainer has me on (although several of my exercises are in the book so that excited me!)...regardless, it had TONS of useful information it! I will do the the exercise plan when my body is ready for more change. Great book though!
    Photobucket Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards