Getting in Shape

Weight-loss tracker question

When we first got engaged I started to lose weight. I was 145 when I started. After a little bit I quit working so hard and gained weight. I was up to 149.

I have been tracking my weight loss from the 145 since I kind of feel like it is "cheating" in a way to track it from 149. What do you girls think?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Weight-loss tracker question

• Honestly?  I think you're being silly.

You weigh 149.  How is it CHEATING to track from 149?  You need to put in the right numbers to get the best estimates for calorie targets and burn.  I mean, 4 lbs isn't going to make that much difference, but if you lose 4 lbs back down to 145, you STILL lost 4 lbs. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • i don't understand how it's cheating at all.  If I gained weight, I'd just put my current weight into my ticker site and it would show the current data.

I think being honest with yourself (and your ticker)  is a big step towards looking at weight loss in a healthy way.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_weight-loss-tracker-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:8a98cb94-b4cd-415d-9c33-2ccbc32c083dPost:de8f03cb-02dc-49e0-80b4-365149fafde3">Re: Weight-loss tracker question</a>:
    [QUOTE]i don't understand how it's cheating at all.  <strong>If I gained weight, I'd just put my current weight into my ticker site and it would show the current data</strong>. I think being honest with yourself (and your ticker)  is a big step towards looking at weight loss in a healthy way.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

That is what I did. I have my starting weight at 145 and my current weight. When I was up to 149, it said I gained, but now it says I lost 4 pounds. I was wondering if I should change my starting weight to 149 instead, to show the 8 pounds I lost. Does that make sense?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_weight-loss-tracker-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:8a98cb94-b4cd-415d-9c33-2ccbc32c083dPost:cfb34c05-5236-4285-a7bf-dde02954dbb9">Re: Weight-loss tracker question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weight-loss tracker question : That is what I did. I have my starting weight at 145 and my current weight. When I was up to 149, it said I gained, but now it says I lost 4 pounds. I was wondering if I should change my starting weight to 149 instead, to show the 8 pounds I lost. Does that make sense?
    Posted by doeie04[/QUOTE]

Totally makes sense, but nah.  Leave it as it is.  I read it as you're currently 4 lbs less than when you started.  Which is true.  A lot of people lose and gain the same few pounds.  Leaving it as it is, sounds like the most logical.

By the way, congrats on removing those pounds again!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_weight-loss-tracker-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:8a98cb94-b4cd-415d-9c33-2ccbc32c083dPost:fb3bd23a-9ac2-4b4d-b32a-4a739d18e2e2">Re: Weight-loss tracker question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weight-loss tracker question : Totally makes sense, but nah.  Leave it as it is.  I read it as you're currently 4 lbs less than when you started.  Which is true.  A lot of people lose and gain the same few pounds.  Leaving it as it is, sounds like the most logical. By the way, congrats on removing those pounds again!
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Congrats on finally making mod! :) I know you were in "limbo" for a while. I think they made a great choice. I don't post much, but I lurk, and you have great advice.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_weight-loss-tracker-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:8a98cb94-b4cd-415d-9c33-2ccbc32c083dPost:5392faba-b805-46b8-8f69-88e9999b2174">Re: Weight-loss tracker question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weight-loss tracker question : Thanks! Congrats on finally making mod! :) I know you were in "limbo" for a while. I think they made a great choice. I don't post much, but I lurk, and you have great advice.
    Posted by doeie04[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much!  Post more often though.  This board gets a lot of drive-by posters and it'd be nice if it was a tad more community like where we all know each other better.  That's what I like about my home board.
  • I will try to post more! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards