Getting in Shape

Workout Accountability - Thursday

Good morning!

Today is a crazy one for me--I have meetings during prep & lunch duty; after school I am tutoring one of my juniors who recently had a baby, so this day is packed. I figured I'd get this started since I won't be back at all today.

Last night I did W8D2 of C25K. It went much better than Monday. Hopefully I will be able to move on to week 9 with no problems. Tonight I plan on doing Jillian's NMTZ when I get home from tutoring.

I think I am going to make the switch from Weight Watchers to My Fitness Pal. I feel like it more accurately paints a picture of what I'm eating and how I'm exercising throughout the day. Hopefully it will help me meet my goals because I've been hovering at the same weight for a few weeks now.

Have a wonderful day everyone--we're almost to the weekend!
Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Workout Accountability - Thursday

• Morning!

I ran 3.5 miles last night, and it felt really good.  I think I'm going to start running longer mileage (5-6 miles) on my weekend runs.  Tonight I'm lifting and doing the elliptical.

lizzie, I don't have any experience with WW, but I love My Fitness Pal.  
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Morning!

Ugh, I overate last night.  I didn't eat anything bad for me, just over-snacked in general due to stress.

FI is training me tonight, which is always a fun experience, mixed with a few moments of 'I swear I'm going to punch you in the face' meets 'I'm never training you again.'  It's all in good fun, and nobody really gets hurt :)
    Anniversary
  • Good morning!  I did cardio on the elliptical yesterday.  I bought trail mix last night.  It's the devil, as it calls to me and says "eat me, eat me!"  Tonight is weights with a little cardio. 
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • kpdorrkpdorr member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Good Morning everyone!

I didn't work out yesterday and used the time to catch up on stupid school work, I stayed within my calories though so I don't feel too guilty. I'm going to run 4-5 this afternoon.

I just bought a bikini from Jcrew for the first time in years! I am a little nervous about wearing it, but I thought I'd use it as a good motivator to keep on track and not make a pig of myself during the honeymoon! I am offically 1 month away from the wedding as of today!!!! YIIIPPPEEEEE!

ETA: I just checked my calendar and I'm on schedule to run 8miles this Sunday- YIKES!
  • Last night I ran outside with FI.  It was his first time running in a LONG time.  It wasn't as far or as fast as I would do but it was still good exercise and it was great to have company :)  I attempted to do a yoga ab video and made it through 5 minutes before I got really frustrated. Tonight I will hopefully do a run at the gym and some abs.  
  • Morning! Last night I lifted for about 40 minutes. I used some heavier weights for my shoulders and I really felt it! This morning I went to spin. I actually got there on time so I got in the full hour instead of my usual 50 minutes. Great workouts everyone!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I lifted this morning and am running after work.  We usually do anywhere from 6-9 miles, so I'm really looking forward to it.  I am not currently training for anything specific, so it's been great to just go out there, hang out with my running buddies, and go for a jog.  I don't even wear a watch most of the time!  It's been liberating :)

• lobsters: The exchange between you and your FI made me chuckle.

kpdorr: I bet you'll rock that bikini, you've been killing it on your runs lately! 

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Had a great cardio workout yesterday and my legs are feeling it!

I did 40 minutes on the elliptical and I think 5 minutes on the stairmaster.  I need to work up my endurance for the stairmaster!

Tonight I will go back to the elliptical and work on my legs.
    Anniversary
  • Didn't get a workout in last night because we had a friend over for dinner. I managed to only go 100 calories over my limit (even WITH having some wine), so I'm pretty proud of that.

Tonight I'm really hoping I can manage to get to the gym. The semester is winding down and my FI's friend only has access to the car shop on campus while he's in that class. I need to get an oil change and some kind of fluid flush and FI's friend is going to do it for free (well, I'll have to pay for the oil etc., but I can't argue with the price) tonight. If it doesn't take too long I should still be able to make it to the gym.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-thursday-26?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:8f9b790d-c981-4924-95b6-06f74e4c626cPost:8c464192-c1b4-47a8-b900-a8e45585fb43">Re: Workout Accountability - Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]lobsters: The exchange between you and your FI made me chuckle. kpdorr: I bet you'll rock that bikini, you've been killing it on your runs lately! 
    Posted by heyjude23[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks Jude!! I think a little tan will go a long way too! I've worn one comfortably when I've been heavier, but it seems weird to go back to it!</div><div>
    </div><div>I did kick my run's ass today and finally broke the 9min/mile pace for 4 miles! Wooooot!!!</div>
  • Happy Thursday!

Today was a rest day as we had so many errands to run and family is starting to arrive from out of town. I'm waking up super early tomorrow morning to get in a 30-minute run and 30-minute circuit. Stress levels are rising and I know I'll feel better after fitting in a workout and with all the food tomorrow from the rehearsal... I know I'll need it.

Saturday I will take another rest day because... I'm getting married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be back next week... this accountability will help as I prepare for swimsuit season with our honeymoon/vacation in June. :-)
    imageimage

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards