Getting in Shape

Oh no!!

Oh no!!  I have been working a lot and my scale was broken...I didn't notice a physical change in my body until today as my jeans were tight....not terrible tight...but snug.  My scales' battery was dead so I hadn't been tracking my weight....I finallly replaced the battery today and I have gained 10lbs in a month!!!   Our wedding is in 48 days! LOL  Guess it is time for water instead of diet soda, cut back on carbs and pick up some extra exercise.  I'm pretty sure I won't have an issue losing 10 lbs in a healthy way in 48 days...it's a good thing I noticed it early!!

It's all the pumpkin spice latte's faults Wink
Happily in love since 12-01-10 Happily married since 12-01-12

Re: Oh no!!

• 10lbs in a month is a really huge gain that is pretty unlikely to be all fat.  I wonder how much is bloat.  You might try cutting down on processed foods and watching your sodium, and I bet that will take care of a lot of it.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_oh-no?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:8fca9a1f-8741-49f2-a904-f74126d697f5Post:8bc0b481-1fb8-4a21-88d1-2c8a42dd14d9">Re: Oh no!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]10lbs in a month is a really huge gain that is pretty unlikely to be all fat.  I wonder how much is bloat.  You might try cutting down on processed foods and watching your sodium, and I bet that will take care of a lot of it.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Thats a good point!  I have probably been taking in more sodium since I have been working more...I'm a flight attendant and usually I brought healthy food from home but I have been lazy lately and just ate at the airport.  I also started drinking the tomato juice on the plane...that is very high in sodium.  Thanks for the suggestion!!  I'll switch to low sodium tomato juice and stop eating all the sushi...which will be difficult lol</div>
    Happily in love since 12-01-10 Happily married since 12-01-12
  • Oh gosh, yes, eating a bunch of airport food will definitely cause bloat and weight gain.  Lots of processed, high sodium, high refined carb, high calorie stuff there.

Definitely bring food from home more often.  Eating the sushi sometimes is ok though!  Just keep it reasonable.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • I heart sushi but the soya sauce its slathered in( or rather that I like it slathered in)  will destroy your efforts to keep sodium in check.

I bring my own with me when I have sushi for 2 reasons, 1 I need to have tamari sauce (tastes the same) as soya sauce has wheat in it and 2. I can get a low sodium version thats still tasty.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards