Getting in Shape

Wedding dress fits... almost.

When I purchased my wedding dress in January the largest size they had (26) wouldn't close - it was no where near closing. I went in yesterdayfor my first dress fitting after losing 30 more lbs (170lbs total since lapband 17months ago) and the dress is almost there - just an inch wouldn't zip. While I've come a long way I'm still worried that I won't be there before June 9th. I've upped my toning and cardio routine to help speed things up.

Anyone else in this situation?

Re: Wedding dress fits... almost.

• Congratulations on the weight loss!

What are you doing for weights and cardio now?  

Also, are you tracking what you're eating?  Diet is going to play a huge roll in that last inch, and bloating alone from too much sodium/unhealthy foods could alone be the difference.
    Anniversary
  • Congrats on the weight loss!

Is there any room to let out the dress?  If so, that might be your best option so you're not stressing. 

If not, keep track of EVERYTHING you eat and hit the cardio on a regular basis.  If you've lost 30lbs since Jan and keep at the same pace, you'd probably lose another 10 before the wedding which I'm guessing would be enough to make the dress zip.   Good luck!
  • BBear13BBear13 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    170 lbs? Congratulations! That must feel amazing. 

June 9th is still plenty of time to continue getting in better shape! 

I cannot agree more with PP about tracking your food. Write down everything you eat, even if it's just 5 almonds. It's not just a way to remember what you ate this week, but over time you can notice trends in your eating habits and work to correct any negatives you find. 

Make sure you are getting a good balance of lean proteins, legumes, fresh veggies and stone fruits (blueberries are so good for you). Try to limit your dairy intake, and make sure you aren't having too many simple carbs and starches. And obviously, avoid fats and sweets. 

Also, if you are feeling bloated, make sure you aren't eating too much sodium (processed foods, canned soups, fast food, many restaurants, and frozen meals are big culprits here). If you haven't already, cut out soda and sugary juices, and limit your alcohol consumption. Drink plenty of water during the day. There are also hot teas you can drink that are calorie free and will help release excess water you might be retaining (green tea, dandelion root tea, etc, all available at whole foods type stores) 

For exercise, up your weights - adding muscle will help you burn more calories than increasing cardio alone can. My weight loss has dramatically increased since I increased my weight lifting while keeping my cardio the same. (Small tip: If you find this difficuly, try lifting weights before doing cardio - you'll have more energy to do quality reps with proper form than if you are already tired from cardio). 

I used to height lifting weights, and pretty much avoided them, since I enjoyed cardio. I was convinced I was doomed to always hate my arms, and then I started lifting (no more than 10 lb free weights and 20 lbs on machines) and the difference is unvelievable. I actually like my arms now!They aren't bulked up like a body builder's, but they are looking lean and toned.

You don't have to increase the weight you lift, but add another set of reps, and make sure you life weights 5 - 6 times a week. (I do 6 days alternating upper and lower body). 

You're already on a great track with your weight loss. Just make sure the healthy changes you are making leading up to your wedding are changes you can sustain after your honeymoon, and for the rest of your life.  

Good luck!
  • That is FANTASTIC weight loss!  It shows that you have been working VERY hard.  I know you are in a bit of a crunch with time and that is why I suggest you look into our Fit Pack.  It has the tools you need to get those last results you need AND it is all-natural, healthy products that don’t interfere with the great things you are already doing for your health!The Fit Pack includes the Ultimate Body Wrap that will allow you to tighten and tone in the areas you need to see improvement on quickly.  The Defining Gel will continue to show results as you can use it on a daily basis and it is made with the same natural formula as the body wrap.  Adding the ProFit shakes as a meal replacement will supply you with the energy and nutrition you need to stay active and continue on your fitness program.  The Greens will allow you to make sure you have the antioxidants needed to process the toxins out of your system, and finally, the FatFighter will fight the fat you may be consuming in your diet even though you are tracking your diet.I would be happy to talk to you more about how these products work to help you reach your fitness goals and when and how to use them with your current active and healthy lifestyle.

https://leachew.myitworks.com/Shop/Product/416CHO

My best.
  • Jen6862Jen6862 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Is it at all possible to turn the dress into a corset back? They can then add a panel into the back. Another option, have you tried it on with a tube top by Spanx or similar?

But, you are doing a terrific job!!!
    Have you worked with a trainer to see what some options might be in your workout?

You can do it!!! Just believe! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards