Getting in Shape
Options

Zumba!

Does anyone on here do Zumba? Has anyone done it long term and seen results? 
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Zumba!

• Options
    I've done it a couple of times.  It's really fun.  I felt silly at first but then I just had fun.  I haven't been doing it long enough to see results but i can really feel my waist working.  The instructor said she's lost 100 lbs doing it and said she 100 more to go. 
  • Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE zumba.  I've been taking the class 4 times a week since April of 2009.  If you like to dance (and aren't afraid to do so in front of other people), it's the best workout ever!  You don't even feel like you are working out, but you are burning tons of calories and working all sorts of muscle groups.  Plus you'll learn some killer moves for your wedding Wink
  • Options
    I have been doing Zumba for about 3 months now and I love it!! I have been going 2-3 times a week, and working out with a trainer 2x a week. I have lost 11 lbs and 2+ inches on every part of my body. Zumba is super fun!!

Good Luck :)
  • Options
    I just got this! I'm starting it tonight actually, I'm quite excited because it really does look like fun!!
  • Options
    I love Zumba!  I've been doing it for about 2 weeks and doing Weight Watchers and already lost almost 4 pounds.  Its so fun and it doesn't really feel like you are working out, just dancing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Hi!

I'm fairly new to Zumba, I've been to about 4 or 5 classes now (I go once a week and I also try to go to the gym too). I LOVE IT! Its definitely a calorie blaster and its a lot of fun. Theres not a lot of room to be shy though because you SHAKE IT (and I mean you shake everything! LOL!) Its a lot of fun to let loose and I always feel great afterward. Definitely sore the next day (the good kind of sore though!) Make sure you are super hydrated though. I drink a 32 oz bottle of water while I'm there and I still wake up with a "Zumba hangover" the next day! It really makes you sweat.

I'd definitely recommend it to anyone!

Enjoy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE ZUMBA! My friend, an April 2009 bride, lost 25 lbs doing Zumba as she was trying to lose weight for her wedding. I started doing it in March 2009 & have been hooked ever since. I used to be a runner, but running tons of miles each week really killed my joints. Zumba has been a great alternative! I've lost 6 lbs. doing Zumba. I heard you burn approximately 600-800 calories per hour doing it so it's well worth it! I'm going to hike up my 2x week sessions to 3x per week. I'm also doing boot camp 3 x per week. LA Fitness offers "Latin Impact," which is the same as Zumba (just named differently for legal reasons). It might be cheaper to get an LA F membership instead of taking the class at a studio. GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards