Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

B&M Monday.

I don't really have a B&M. 

BUT HOLY COW AMY! I love the first picture of you guys on the McG blog. You are glowing! 
I can't wait until Wednesday!

Re: B&M Monday.

• Aw, thanks Kathleen!  I am SO ready for Wednesday!

My B&M is that our 2-night minimoon is over today. :(  The Four Seasons was okay, but definitely not what I was expecting for a five-star hotel with its price tag.  Regardless, its still nice to have a change of scenery!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Aw. I hate when pricy hotels disappoint. 
    I kind of want to nap. I got up ealy to take Copper to the vet. Now I'm tired...
  • I have nothing either. I'm still laying in bed and enjoying the fact I don't have to go to work or do anything. Had a great couple days at the lake relaxing on the boat and hanging out with good friends.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm at work. Have to save my PDO time for next month...
    Anniversary
  • I agree with Kathleen. Beautiful pictures, Amy!

I've been feeling so good this weekend but today I just feel BLAH. I think it's mostly dehyrdation. I am not good about drinking water any day, so the summers here affect me so much. I even forced myself to drink half a Powerade yesterday, but apparently that was still not enough. Boo!

We have pool party later today so I know I'll have fun later. The girl throwing the party specifically invited our Lizzie dog, which is going to make it even more fun for me.
  • Work is terribly slow today. I know its memorial day, but I wish that meant I could go home. My only b&m is that I've had to dish out a few hundred $'s for things like tires and broken alternator the past 3 days. Bleh.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm moved in!  Everything went pretty much without a hitch.  We only broke one thing, and it was an old ceramic utensil holder of H's that he didn't even remember he had.  Oh, no.. I also opened the box containing one of our crystal wineglasses and discovered it broken, too.  That sucked.  We NEVER opened it, so I'm hoping the shop will let us exchange it.  =(

Loading the truck ended up taking us way longer than we expected because we had pretty limited assistance.  It was mostly H, me, my mom, and my aunt.  We didn't leave Dallas until around 11:00 Saturday night, and we had to stop three times to take naps.  We finally got to the house around 8:00 Sunday morning.

I suppose my only real complaint is that I had to come back to Dallas today, which is not a bad thing by itself, but I left the dogs in OKC with H (and in the care of one of our best friends, as H was called out to site pretty much immediately), and my apartment is completely empty save for a few boxes of fragile things we didn't want to put in the U-Haul, my clothes, and an air mattress.  And my mom is gone now.  =(  So lonely.

But OMG our house is awesome, and it was great to sleep in the same bed with my husband last night and realize that we own that place.

Amy, those pics are SO great!  I'm so glad everything went well for you, and it was a gorgeous day!

Anniversary

• Amy, I love your pics!!!

I am in the office today, cause I took Friday off since I offered do play the "DOC" role on Saturday for a friend's wedding. I was at the YWCA for 13 straight hours on Saturday, but loved every minute of it. I think I am going to bed early tonight to ensure that I am caught up on sleep 100%
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • This weekend was exhausting. Being out in the boat and sun for 2 days wore me out. I think i will collapse in front of the TV for the rest of the day.
    Amanda glad you are finally moved in. When is school done for you?
    Amy- pics are beautiful and I can't wait to see the rest.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I've ben a little bored today so, as weird as it may sound, I'm ready to go back to work tomorrow.  I only have three days left with kids and, now since I have to move rooms, I have lots to do and that's all I can think about.  
  • Professor -- Congrats on getting moved in!  I can imagine it really was an awesome feeling sleeping in the same bed as H in a house that you OWN.  I can't wait for that day myself!  Sorry you had to come back to Dallas this week, though.  I dislike responsibility a great deal, sometimes.

Julie -- I can relate.  I don't want to ever go back to work (lol) but I'm anxious to do so at the same time because I know the longer I'm out, the bigger the stack of things for me to do is when I return.  I'm really not looking foward to that.  At all.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Just got home from all the festivities! I will post my reviews tomorrow :) We stayed at ZaZa last night and it was INCREDIBLE. Also surprising, the Hyatt customer service was out of this world. Now back to reality where I have to open my own doors and get my own drinks ;-)

Amanda, your house is awesome. So happy for you and DH. 

Hope everyone else enjoyed their weekend/holiday!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-124?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:32412c51-ec9d-4708-b82e-67ff8ed21caePost:fc51dd69-a949-4346-a359-25bc0c063e4f">Re: B&M Monday.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just got home from all the festivities! I will post my reviews tomorrow :) We stayed at ZaZa last night and it was INCREDIBLE. Also surprising, the Hyatt customer service was out of this world. Now back to reality where I have to open my own doors and get my own drinks ;-) Amanda, your house is awesome. So happy for you and DH.  Hope everyone else enjoyed their weekend/holiday!
    Posted by aeliza06[/QUOTE]

Congratulations!!!!

Also, we have stayed at several Hyatt properties and have had nothing but terrific service.  Glad everything turned out well on that end for you.
  • Thanks Julie! :) I am definitely going to remember this going forward about the Hyatts. Glad to know I am not the only one. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards