Getting in Shape
Options

Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred

I've been pretty dedicated to the gym for the past 3 months, but I've been noticing that I just don't feel as "worn out" as I used to, so I decided to try JM's 30 day shred.

Have any of you tried it? Did it work for you?
There are 3 levels of workouts, and I'm not sure how I should do them.. Should I alternate or move to the next one progressively?

All I know is I did Level 1 yesterday and I'm DYIN'.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred

• Options
    lol yea she is a killer for sure, I've been on and off doing it since november and when I'm sticking with it I do one week at level one than move on.  I have yet to make it to level 3 but this time I'm bound and determined! I just started it again this week and hopefully be moving on next week.  but I have in the past alternated between level one and two so I wouldnt' get bored, either way its a great workout at one point I lost like 5 lbs in 2-3 weeks so it works! But if keep adding more weight you should still get a great workout you kinda have to push yourself though which is what I'm bad at.
  • Options
    I am currently doing the 30 Day Shred.  I did it last year for some time, however my body got used to it.  I have seen my greatest weight loss by doing Zumba.  You need to mix your cardio with strength training, unfortunately the 30 Day shred only allows minutes for cardio.  Cardio is going to burn fat, and strength training will build your muscles.  My current plan is to continue with Zumba, do the 30 day shred, and using free weights.  Since mid January, I have lost 15 or more lbs and dropped 4 pants sizes and 1-2 top sizes.  The key to all of this is really being conscious of what you eat.  I did calorie counting for a while, it helped me really think about portion size, fat content, carbs, etc.  Now I'm just eating a well balanced diet, and I occasionally eat not so good.  Good luck with your weight loss!
    -aLli
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I actually heard Jillian herself answer this question on a radio show she used to do - the way the 30 DS is structured, you're supposed to spend 10 days at Level 1, 10 days at Level 2, and then 10 days at Level 3  (she suggested it should take 6 weeks, so you'd be working out 5 days a week).  If you want to keep going with it beyond 30 days, she suggested going back to Level 1 and starting the program over again with heavier weights.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    smwhitsmwhit member
    First Comment
    All of the Jillian DVDs are great!

I did 30 day shred in November and definitley saw results. Do level 1 for a week or something and then try to push yourself to do level 2 and eventually level 3.

After I saw results from that one I also got her yoga, kickboxing, and "exreme shed & shred" DVDs and they are all great. I alternate which workouts/levels I do so I don't get bored. Maybe look into the kickboxing one since it's basically all cardio and in many ways easier than the 30 day shred.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've done the 30 day shred for a few weeks, but I feel like I am already toned enough where I just need work on toning up my abs. So, I am going to get her 6 week 6 pack instead. Overall though, if you are looking to tone and shape all over, 30 shred will do that. I just had to stop it because I wanted to focus more on my abs :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've tried it, but since it involves a lot of work while on your shoulders (push-ups, plank, moutain climbers) I can't do it. I have screwed up shoulders enough and they can't handle my weight for that long.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    I am currently doing the 30 day shred, and just started level 2. I am also doing her 6 week 6pack and have noticed great results with them. I have been doing those in the morning, and then will go to the gym and do the eliptical or treadmill for 30 min to an hour to get some extra cardio.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards