Getting in Shape

whats your favorite excercise for that back fat

I'm curious as to what moves you all.are.loving for that toned strong looking back? I like push ups and incline rows. What are toying doing to target those "back boob" muscles?

Re: whats your favorite excercise for that back fat

• Assuming that you don't mean spot reducing, but rather muscle strengthening..

I LOOOOVE lifting for my back muscles. Love love love. 
    I love rows. Rows Rows Rows. One arms dumbbell rows, bar [bent over] rows, upright rows. 
    I love them all. 
    I like really creative pushups, or I get bored of them. I really only enjoy tricep push ups, but other than that I like the weird push-ups like komodo dragons 
  • I love rows too. However, the only thing I have noticed that actually gets rid of the back fat is lots of cardio...
    Aug 2013 Brides - January Siggy Wedding Site, Pinecrest Lake: imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_whats-your-favorite-excercise-for-that-back-fat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:99050c12-b12a-4e6d-8aa8-697fa247e824Post:d2adad4f-91cb-447b-af8c-ac53da9ac84e">Re: whats your favorite excercise for that back fat</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love rows too. However, the only thing I have noticed that actually gets rid of the back fat is lots of cardio...
    Posted by Clio073[/QUOTE]

<div>The only thing that gets rid of back fat is a healthy, calorie deficit diet.  You cannot spot reduce fat.  You can tone muscle, and building muscle certainly helps with weight loss, but diet is the way to go.</div>
  • Yes, ann.oskar. I should have added healthy eating to the cardio and rows...
    Aug 2013 Brides - January Siggy Wedding Site, Pinecrest Lake: imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Healthier eating definitely, but I've also had a great amount of success with the 30 day shred DVD by Jillian Michaels. Can't recommend it enough!
  • Swimming is the best way for me to burn calories, and tone my arms, shoulders, and back. Plus it's a great non-impact exercise for my non-running days. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_whats-your-favorite-excercise-for-that-back-fat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:99050c12-b12a-4e6d-8aa8-697fa247e824Post:b6429c75-fa3b-4890-9f4a-018efd50ff0d">Re: whats your favorite excercise for that back fat</a>:
    [QUOTE]Healthier eating definitely, but I've also had a great amount of success with the 30 day shred DVD by Jillian Michaels. Can't recommend it enough!
    Posted by ebcorrigan[/QUOTE]

SERIOUSLY! This changed my life. By the end of the month I'd lost 17 lbs and tons of inches. I am seriously stronger than I've ever been before. I suplemented this with dieting and restricting my sugar intake to 7gm daily which if you've ever tried to do it is very hard. I HIGHLY recommend her workouts. All of them. I even have the thigh & butt one and that one WORKS. Back fat gone, and I my stomach no longer pokes through clothes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards