Getting in Shape

Workout Accountability: Thursday

Morning ladies!  One day closer to the weekend!

Workout went well, minus an obnoxious girl briefly breaking it up for me.  Today is kenpo, which I'll try to get done a bit earlier given the intense heat they're calling for today.  Today marks the end of week one for phase three - I can't believe I've almost made it through.  I'm starting to burn out a bit, but the finish line is too close to give up at this point.
Eating is also on track, and I'm hoping it stays under control at least through my fitting tomorrow.

How's everyone doing today?
Anniversary

Re: Workout Accountability: Thursday

• Hey all :)

Last night I managed to get a run in.  I was still really sore from that intense BodyRock workout from Tuesday night but didn't feel it during the run when my muscles were all warmed up, but afterwards I was SORE.  I'm thinking about doing a yoga vid tonight.  I don't feel like driving to the gym and we are in store for some T-storms so I most likely wont be running.  Plus, I think I need a break from some of the higher intensity workouts so my soreness goes away.  Eating last night was mediocre, not terrible but not great.  This morning was okay and I'm hoping to continue it throughout the day.
  • Good morning! I forgot to check in yesterday, we did bis and tris, I skipped running. I slacked a little bit on eating but not too badly. I've been really into renting movies while H is at work do I always feel like need something snackish to go with. This morning we did an awesome leg workout and I did a short run since I stated after class to chat with one of the girls. She'll be out if town for all of August which stinks, she's kind of like my class buddy.
  • Morning Food at the party last night was horrible all burgers and carbs no veggies or healthy options. I did the best I could and had a fun time with coworkers. Got 30 min on the elliptical in this morning which is good because today ends with a 5 hour flight back to Seattle.

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • lbarr there was crazy thunderstorms here last night too! Kept waking me up. My dog is afraid of thunder and lightning so was dealing with that too :(

This morning was spin class. I only have one more Thursday morning spin class that I can go to before I move. I start instruction training on Monday night! I really need to get weights in this week, I've been totally slacking on that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Good morning!

This whole week i've been feeling lazy and unmotivated. I was tired yesterday but I still made myself go to Body Combat at the gym. I was so exhausted by the end of it that I didn't want to do extra cardio or weights...I am glad I went though. I also got an afternoon walk in with co-workers.

Today I'd like to get another walk in, and we'll see how I feel after work if I want to do more.
  • Good Morning Ladies!

Yesterday was a good day, steak/salmon for dinner for my birthday. I did have a small piece of ice cream cake, I had to haha. But eating was right on track all day so it was ok.

Today is a long day at work, so pending the thunderstorms I'll try to walk tonight. Tomorrow is the start of my bachelorette weekend! We are going to Newport and doing the cliff walk in the morning tomorrow so thats a good walk and then the beach after. Hopefully the weather clears up a little bit because its not looking too great right now :(

I hope everyone has a great day!!
  • hellebhelleb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Morning Ladies ~

Yestereday was good for me with food.  I stuck to my calories and added some extra because I worked out but I am still a little confused how many I should actually be adding.  I have MFP and it gives me net cals and but it gives me just as many extra as I burn off... so which should I add?  The whole enchilada or just the net?

Worked out for the first time last night 1/2 hr cardio and 1/2 hour weight training.  I was disappointed I didn't get more in but my consultation with a PT went longer than I thought.  I learned some awesome things like stop buying Fat Free, eat protin right away in the AM and what not but I was sad that she didn't measure anything or show me the training equipment.  It was basically 1.5 hour of me saying my goals then towards the end she was trying to sell me products & PT.  I think it would have gone longer but I told her straight up that I wasn't interested in purchasing anything until I know that my commitment level is there to utilize the products I get.  Basically I want to make sure I will see a return on my investment.

So that being said, anyone have a good strength training routine?  I know how to do cardio but its all those weight machines I am not sure what order to do them in.  3 reps of 10 but on which machines?
  • I actually got a good cardio workout in at the gym on the elliptical and bike.  I was happy.  I also went spray tanning for the first time.  It went well, though I feel so dark (I'm normally pale!)  Eating was also good calorie wise.  Was a good day!
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • Helleb when using weights or machines, you should be doing exercises/using machines that work the same muscle group. For instance, today in class was leg day, yesterday was bicep and triceps, tomorrow will likely be back and abs, etc. Some gyms will give a free consultation or have a small PT package up front. I would reccomend doing a few PT sessions at least to get some basic workouts down and you can probably google and come up with some more on your own once you get the hang of it. Group classes are great too, if your gym offers them.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-thursday-40?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:9c10f71b-7f83-4134-89ad-c9f4afb61ca3Post:81bb894e-94c2-4233-9dc9-eb2cf3d47e0b">Re: Workout Accountability: Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have MFP and it gives me net cals and but it gives me just as many extra as I burn off... so which should I add?  The whole enchilada or just the net? So that being said, anyone have a good strength training routine?  I know how to do cardio but its all those weight machines I am not sure what order to do them in.  3 reps of 10 but on which machines?
    Posted by helleb[/QUOTE]

<div>Helleb-If I am understanding your question correctly...just add the calories as they are, MFP is factoring everything in for you.  Don't forget there is a residual burn after working out which keeps your metabolism elevated for a long period, so you are going to burn off those calories you eat back.  If you don't eat them back, you'll presumably go into starvation mode.</div><div>
    </div><div>As for weight days, most gyms have a circuit setup, which is a great place to start.  You can start by doing 3 sets of 10 reps on a comfortable weight to get into a routine, but then either up the weights or reps per set.  It should be arranged for you to start working on the largest muscle groups, and then have you focusing on the smaller muscles toward the end.</div>
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-thursday-40?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:9c10f71b-7f83-4134-89ad-c9f4afb61ca3Post:81bb894e-94c2-4233-9dc9-eb2cf3d47e0b">Re: Workout Accountability: Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning Ladies ~ Yestereday was good for me with food.  I stuck to my calories and added some extra because I worked out but I am still a little confused how many I should actually be adding.  I have MFP and it gives me net cals and but it gives me just as many extra as I burn off... so which should I add?  The whole enchilada or just the net? Worked out for the first time last night 1/2 hr cardio and 1/2 hour weight training.  I was disappointed I didn't get more in but my consultation with a PT went longer than I thought.  I learned some awesome things like stop buying Fat Free, eat protin right away in the AM and what not but I was sad that she didn't measure anything or show me the training equipment.  It was basically 1.5 hour of me saying my goals then towards the end she was trying to sell me products & PT.  I think it would have gone longer but I told her straight up that I wasn't interested in purchasing anything until I know that my commitment level is there to utilize the products I get.  Basically I want to make sure I will see a return on my investment. So that being said, anyone have a good strength training routine?  I know how to do cardio but its all those weight machines I am not sure what order to do them in.  3 reps of 10 but on which machines?
    Posted by helleb[/QUOTE]

With MFP, you have your goal category, food category and your exercise is subtracted and that leaves you with your net which is what you have left. The good part about MFP is it automatically subtracts the calories your burning off so your total calories that you can take in goes up.

What you want to do is go by your Net calories, those are the ones you have left to eat throughout the day. If the number is positive, you need to keep eating until your as close to zero as possible without going into the red. Make sense?
  • Hey Ladies! This week has been  c r a w l i n g  by for me. I just want it to be Friday!!

Today I'm going to run 2 miles and keep the eating on track. For some reason I feel really bunged up today... lol sorry for the TMI. So hoping that a run works that out! ;)

It's feeling sooo close to my vacation.. I can almost taste it! Too bad I have to work tonight until about midnight... not going to make this day go by any faster!

Have a good day ladies!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hello everyone and Happy Thursday!

Yesterday I went to hot yoga and really really tried to not take any breaks. Which seemed like a good idea until everything went white and I thought I was going to pass out! So I took it easy for the rest of the class and came home to FI working out to an Insanity video... Which I joined in on because even though I was crazy tired, it looked like a lot of fun! Anyone else done Insanity? What do you think and did/do you like it? I'm thinking about joining FI and working out to it from time to time...

Also I realized this morning that my problem with being stuck at this weight may be because I have never updated my Lose It app (like MFP) to how much weight I've lost. I updated it this morning to show the 8 lb drop and it lowered my daily calorie intake quite a bit. I feel really silly that I've never noticed the section to update your weight before...
  • Good evening lady loves,

Woke up yesterday for 30DS, but didn't get in the bootcamp in the evening as planned.  Was dealing with my dad's situation, and was off on my calories.  Dove for more brownies as a comfort ... BAD Renee ... Bad Bad.  Following wednesday night, I passed on working out this morning, left work early so no walk at lunch and drove two hours with the FI to my hometown to be wih my dad.

Plan for tomorrow is getting up, doing 30DS and heading out to spend the day with Dad.  Keep him in your thoughts ladies.  Thank you for all the support.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Walked for 20, ran for 10. Doing P90X yoga in a little bit. Eating has gone well.

I got a MFP app today for my iphone. It's AWESOME!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards