Getting in Shape
Options

I'm New Here!

Hi Ladies! I'm new here and wanted to see if I could see what the other Knotties are doing to get to their weight goals for the big day (and just life in general). Here is a bit about me:

Wedding date: November 17, 2012

Weight loss/fitness goals:  10 lbs  and 1 dress size

Favorite cake flavor:  I LOVE Almond Pound Cake.....mmmmm good!

If you lurk, how long have you: Haven't been lurking at all....im a real first timer.

Anything interesting about yourself:  FI and I have been together almost 6 years. We have 2 kids, a 5 yr old son (mine from previous relationship) and our 2 year old daughter. We LOVE to travel and I love everything weddings....always have!

Any question you might have:  What is the best way to jump start when you have been sedentary for awhile?
image180 Made the cut!
image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
image 7 Found something else to do
image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image

Re: I'm New Here!

• Options
    My  biggest recommendation is checking out myfitnesspal.com - it's really helped me a lot
  • Options
    I would do myfitnesspal and just start tracking and start walking. I've started walking to the bus stop that is about 4 blocks away from the "nearest" bus stop to my work. I started a month ago, and have lost 4lbs and it's been amazing. My FI just started last week.
  • Options
    What PPs said. There are no quick fixes that will last or be healthy for you. And start small. I used to start with big goals, but when I did it was too overwhelming and I ended up backsliding. For me it was even about the first start of thinking about going to the gym and saying even if I got there, got out of the car and only did 5 minutes that was alright. It was about building up a habit.

As for the other questions Wedding date: August 24, 2013
    Weight loss goals 10 lbs.
    Favorite cake flavor: hmmm...spice perhaps, but I like mint too. We are having cupcakes and going with Chocolate heath bar, mint, and lemon curd.
    FI and I have been together almost 3 years. We love to hike and watch movies. Love to travel too, but money and time don't allow it that often.

Welcome!
    Aug 2013 Brides - January Siggy Wedding Site, Pinecrest Lake: imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome and ditto about myfitnesspal.  I've fallen off of the wagon a bit with it because I tend to become ultra obsessive with that sort of stuff BUT it really is a great tool to track how much you are taking in and burning when you are starting out (and even maintaining).  Check it out and jump in on the daily accountability threads.  I find that it helps when you have a group of people to "report" to everyday even if it's just about you eating healthier than you did the day before.  
  • Options

Thanks ladies! Well I guess my word choice was a bit conservative. I'm not TOTALLY new! I had a PT for about 3 months, then I didn't want to pay that much anymore and then I kind of fell off. I started the Couch 2 5 K program on Sunday so that wasn't bad and I went to a spin class yesterday. I really like classes. We have a gym at my job that I would go to Cardio Kickboxing, Step, Body Sculpt for strength training and Zumba (occassionally). It's just that if I was going by myself, I would find a reason NOT to go. Luckily my dress was about 3 sizes too big when it came in because my measurements had me in 3 different sizes and I had lost some inches in the 6 months it took for it to come back.

I do have a myfitnesspal account, I will start to use it more often (daily) and increase my water intake. I'm sure that can help too!

image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • Options
    I agree that you should start small, easy life changes.  Park further away when shopping or going to work. Walk around the block with your family after dinner.  If you watch tv, spend a commercial break seeing how many crunches you can do, the next commercial doing lunges, etc.  From there you can start to add more and more activity until it's commonplace.  You can start graduating from walking to jogging maybe, or from a 1 block walk to a 10-15 block walk, etc.  Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards