Getting in Shape
Options

sigh....not gona make my goal

its been a long road ladies.....i was hoping to make it to 199 before the wedding but my weight is not coming off at a steady pace...even if i lose a pound a week it still wont be enough..currently i am 208/207 ...but i made it this far right?! i plan to take a week off after the wedding and then get back to it ...thanks for all your support guys!

Re: sigh....not gona make my goal

• Options
    Keep your head up!  You've done great so far!  We are always here for support
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Aw, I sadly know the feeling as I didn't hit my goal either. Still, be proud of how far you did make it! Can you set a different personal healthy goal to make before you're wedding that might be just as exciting to complete? For instance, running a certain distance? It might help with your weight loss and keep you motivated, despite missing the scale goal, as the big day approaches.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    i am trying to be ok with it because 5 lbs really isnt going to change my size drasticly yknow?
  • Options
    a great attitude to have ang :)  and you should be okay with it!  you've worked hard I'm sure to get this far, and should feel entitled to embrace that!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    cnf2013cnf2013 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited August 2012
    You still got healthier and made progress and that is what is important. And like you said, the last five pounds, in the grand scheme of things, won't make or break your look. You're still going to be a beautiful bride on your wedding day and as long as you feel good, you'll look good.

I told myself I'd reach a certain weight goal by my triathlon a few weeks ago and was disappointed I didn't make it. But I was still fit enough to run a freaking triathlon, so honestly, the last few pounds made no difference. 

Congrats on the weight loss you did accomplish, by the way! It's still worth being proud of yourself =)
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_sighnot-gona-make-my-goal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:a2899450-1fea-4102-942e-8074d4072893Post:0e98b86d-6a2d-4cc4-bcbf-0f36cc23b5ed">Re:sigh....not gona make my goal</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aw, I sadly know the feeling as I didn't hit my goal either. Still, be proud of how far you did make it! Can you set a different personal healthy goal to make before you're wedding that might be just as exciting to complete? For instance, running a certain distance? It might help with your weight loss and keep you motivated, despite missing the scale goal, as the big day approaches.
    Posted by Lobsters25[/QUOTE]

This is a great idea! I kind of started doing this during a plateau with my weight so I wasn't so discouraged. I set some goals for myself to try and improve my running. And don't be so down. You've come along way! Be proud!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards