Getting in Shape
Options

Running routine

I have a busy schedule, sometimes I go to work as early as 5:30am. I would like to run in the morning but can't make myself get up early enough. My other job keeps me busy later too. Any ideas?

Re: Running routine

• Options
    Other than magically putting more hours in the day?

If it's important to you, you WILL find time.  Most people find morning workouts to work best for them because the motivation can wane at the end of day.  It sucks, but if you want to do it, you just have to find time. 
  • Options
    I am another early bird when it comes to work.  4am workout routines just aren't possible for me.  What has really helped me is having a gym bag packed in the morning.  I don't have any excuse to sit down on the couch when I get home.  I grab my gym bag and head straight for the gym.  Also, on my way home from work I eat some sort of granola bar to give me a teeny boost.  
  • Options
    Do you have to run?  I travel a ton for my job and find myself in the same situation so I invested in the 10 Minute Trainer videos from Tony Horton.  He produced P90X.  They were like $80 but totally worth it.  It's easy to find 10min and pop in the video and if you have more time you just do the next routine.  It's fast and effective.  Now I have no excuse to not workout when I'm on the road traveling! Just an idea...good luck to you!
    image Le Creuset 5qt Oval French Oven in Caribbean Blue Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_running-routine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:a7cde5c9-b03c-4934-9bd5-008de275280ePost:81e92bc9-7aae-4633-94c3-7fba2b08c059">Re: Running routine</a>:
    [QUOTE]Other than magically putting more hours in the day? <strong>If it's important to you, you WILL find time.</strong>  Most people find morning workouts to work best for them because the motivation can wane at the end of day.  It sucks, but if you want to do it, you just have to find time. 
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

This. I used to have to be at work at 5:30 AM. I got up at 3:30 to get my run in, because it was important to me. It kinda sucked, but it was worth it. I also felt better at work all day if I got my run in first--more energetic and overall happier.
  • Options
    On the weekends I run first thing in the morning. During the week, I sleep as long as possible, so I either run at lunch or when I get home from work. Like the others have said, if you want to do it you'll find the time.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    You should see if someone you know is already up that early to run with & they can hold you accountable for getting out of bed. If not, then when you get off work. What time do you get done with your other job? Maybe you could go for a late night run around your neighborhood. It takes about 3 weeks for something to become a routine (that's what I've heard), so suck it up for a few weeks and then it should be pretty simple to adjust to. Good luck.
    pregnancy calendar
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards