Getting in Shape

Cross fit

Hi my weeding is 9 months away and I wanted to start working out again. I wanted to try the Cross Fit program, but I'm not sure it's the kind of workout I'm looking for ? I was in track and filed most of my life that the kind of workout's I'm use to. I just wanted to know if anyone has tried and if so how did you like it ?

Re: Cross fit

• I've been crossfitting for a year and 4 months now and LOVE it! If you have the drive to push your limits and want a little competition, it would be great for you. It's tough mentally and physically, but the quality of the workouts I get can't be beat. I definitely would not push myself as hard in the gym by myself. If you want to try it out, most gyms offer a free first session to check it out. 

Make sure the coaches are Crossfit Certified! That is very important, as there are a lot of "Crossfit" gyms out there with non certified people teaching them. 

You'll have to complete a few fundamental classes then you'll be on your way. 
    And don't worry about being in shape to get started...that is not necessary at all. Every single workout can be modified for your skill level. 
  • I love crossfit--I've been going regularly since September, and did about 6 weeks in June/July as well.  I was a varsity athlete in college, and have always lifted weights.  Over the past 6 years or so I've been doing a lot of running, with some weights, but haven't found a weight program that kept me interested.  The combination of olympic weight lifting, cardio fitness, and variation of movements makes me love CF.  The workouts are very intense, but anything can be scaled to your fitness level and abilities.  If you want a very intense, physically challenging workout, you would probably enjoy CF-if zumba is your type of workout, you'll hate CF.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards