Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

BYOB venue dallas/north dallas

I have been searching the boards over and over but can't seem to find many results so I figure I would just try asking =] I am looking for a venue that allows BYOB, outside catering, and not going to break the bank! Looking for any and all suggestions as I have only found about 2 and I would like more options! Thanks!

Re: BYOB venue dallas/north dallas

• edited December 2011
    Colleyville Center in Colleyville, TX.

Also the Fairy Tale Manor in Frisco, TX.
  • edited December 2011
    I think Lofty Spaces and Off the Grid will allow you to bring in your own. Also check out The Filter Building.
  • edited December 2011
    Winfrey Point, Event 1013.

vendor sticky.
  • bigbabyfacebigbabyface member
    1000 Comments
    edited December 2011
    there's one in Ft. Worth, the YWCA. alot of girls, including myself are using them. if you're on a budget that may be a good bet. I know for some of the above listed venues they were out of my budget. but yours could be completely different :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions so far. I noticed I didn't really give much detail lol. My guestlist so far is something liek 250-275 and I am hoing to stayin in the dallas or plano area, or anything in between those two. And yes, trying to stay within a budget of 10-12k. Aren't we all, lol.

However, I just looked up a catering company and it seems they have the option for you to provide them with the alcohol and they can provide bartenders, garnish, mixers, etc. Is that common with catering companys? (I looked up Pappas catering). Because some venues that I have talked to say that alcohol has to be brought in by a TABC certified person, and one place even suggested giving it to the caterer to bring in. Is that a common option for caterers? Beause maybe that is why my search seems so limited because I am looking to where we actually physically bring our own, rather than handing it off to the caterer and them bringing it. I didn't really realize that was an option. Anyone have more input or experience on this? I feel like I know nothing!! Undecided
  • edited December 2011
    I am fairly certain it is the law that you have to have a TABC certified bartender if you serve alcohol.  If you use your venue/caterer's alcohol, they will provide the bartender.  If you BYOB, you have to hire someone.

Also, with your guest count, Event 1013 is definitely out.  So is Filter Building.  Winfrey Point would probably still work.  YWCA and Fairy Tale have that capacity, I think.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_byob-venue-dallasnorth-dallas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:3498adde-fc74-423b-a0cb-2ac2f9722f72Post:2102d663-58c1-4be8-a336-16b2429b3b4e">Re: BYOB venue dallas/north dallas</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am fairly certain it is the law that you have to have a TABC certified bartender if you serve alcohol.  If you use your venue/caterer's alcohol, they will provide the bartender.  If you BYOB, you have to hire someone. Also, with your guest count, Event 1013 is definitely out.  So is Filter Building.  Winfrey Point would probably still work.  YWCA and Fairy Tale have that capacity, I think.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

The place we got the alcohol from (sorry I don't know anything about it because the planner handled that) actually delivered the alcohol to the venue. If there was a delivery charge, it wasn't much. And we hired TABC-certified bartenders to serve it.

The YWCA is also out with your guest count. It can hold a max of 200 people in the ballroom at standing-room-only. They have a total of 175 chairs, so you can only seat 175 people there. Even if you rent the upstairs and the downstairs -- still just a total of 175 chairs (and you can't bring in outside table/chairs because it might damage their floors). We had to cut out guest list to 150 to be able to have a dance floor in the ballroom.

If you were interested in Fort Worth, I'd recommend the T&P Station. Its pricing was in line with the Y when I was looking ($2500 for Saturday night) and it holds a ton of people. I'm pretty sure it was completely BYOB/BYOfood.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Fairty Tale Manor is out at 175 max.

Addison Event Center maybe?  Old Red Courthouse?
  • edited December 2011
    Old Red was another I thought of, but I don't know their budget.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_byob-venue-dallasnorth-dallas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:3498adde-fc74-423b-a0cb-2ac2f9722f72Post:1bc27c0e-c067-4967-8604-9c879406f46e">Re: BYOB venue dallas/north dallas</a>:
    [QUOTE]Old Red was another I thought of, but I don't know their budget.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

$10-$12k she said but not sure if that is just for the reception or everything.  Old Red would be a stretch probably.
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry again!  Well, I would really like to be able to have everything in that budget range, but I know that may not be very reasonable. I am only looking for a reception venue; my ceremony is already booked for a church and that cost is ~$600. So I still have almost the whole budget to work with.  My photographer I am most likely going to be using is 1800 now and 700 later. I do not plan to chew up my budget on a dress, I have already done some browsing and tried some on that are in the 5-700$ range, so I know that won't be too difficult.

As for everything else, I am doing lots of research on DIY (decorations, maybe invites/STD though those may be included in the phtography package) and connections through people I know in order to get discounts (have a friend who might be able to do wedding cake for me hopefully at a discounted price!). Don't really know what we are wanting on food, kind of a back and forth dicsussion each time we talk about it. But I really don't know one thing about caterers. My aunt is a caterer but she is out of the country and I don't want to put that stress on her when she arrives. We plan to purchase our own alcohol; hence this discussion board =P After looking at Pappas catering, I now realize that some may allow you to give them the alcohol and they can serve it, so that might be something I need to look into more at this point.

I was going to write something else but it just slipped my mind!
  • courtski2004courtski2004 member
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

Our reception was at Addison Event Center and we brought in our own beer and wine. They will staff your bar with a TABC bartender, but charge a bar service fee of $100/keg, $100/case of wine and $50/750 mL bottle of liquor. We used Bota Box for our wine (Merlot, Cab, Pinot Grigio, and Reisling) and paid $115 for 6 boxes which broke down to 3 cases of wine for the service fee. I think that is the cheapest (and best tasting, overall) of the box wine. It isn't the rot gut Franzia (my apologies if that is your fave) and we actually ran out of Pinot Grigio and Reisling an hour and a half into the reception. Our kegs were pretty cheap because the shell and taps were provided by AEC and at Sigels we just had to pay for the beer. You also get a 10% discount @ Sigels if you have your reception at AEC.
    We didn't have liquor, but they do provide garnishes and mixers for you as well. With our budget we couldn't justify the $50 additional service charge if we were going to provide a full liquor bar, but everybody was happy with the beer and wine selections. They'll drink what you serve 'em as long as it is free! :)
    HTH!

• edited December 2011
    Swingin' D is BYOB- with extra $$ for bartender and security. No outside catering- but extremely affordable. You could very easily do $10-12k with the guestlist you have.

ETA- it's in Parker, Texas- which is like right where Richardson, Plan and Murphy meet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Actually just discovered Swingin D but they are booked for my date!

At the AEC, did you do an evening reception? I looked them up a couple weeks ago I will have to go back and check the rest of my info, but I think the only problem with them is that their evening time slot does not start until 6pm, and my wedding is at 2pm. So I was thinking the reception would be starting earlier, more like 4ish.
  • courtski2004courtski2004 member
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_byob-venue-dallasnorth-dallas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:3498adde-fc74-423b-a0cb-2ac2f9722f72Post:c8c831c6-cf23-459a-b755-804873341bd1">Re: BYOB venue dallas/north dallas</a>:
    [QUOTE]Actually just discovered Swingin D but they are booked for my date! At the AEC, did you do an evening reception? I looked them up a couple weeks ago I will have to go back and check the rest of my info, but I think the only problem with them is that their evening time slot does not start until 6pm, and my wedding is at 2pm. So I was thinking the reception would be starting earlier, more like 4ish.
    Posted by Gobananas15[/QUOTE]

We did have an evening reception, but they can be a little flexible about the start time. I was a freakout, so I paid the deposit for both the day and night time slots just to make sure there would be enough time for my vendors to get in and set up. As it turns out, I didn't really need to reserve the day slot, but we were initially going to have an earlier ceremony so it was more of an issue. I would schedule a meeting with Suzan and Henry just so they can go over the timing with you if you like the space. They are amazing to work with, and they may be able to give you a few different scenarios. I think with the night slot you can begin as early as 4, and you would just have 4 hours of event time (regardless of the start time). I know you were also asking about outside food vendors, but their food was so amazing we are still getting compliments on it. With your current budget, I'm just not sure that woud be a fit since the dinner options work out to be around $20/PP.
  • edited December 2011
    They said all the ones I was gonna say
  • edited December 2011
    p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Monaco}

Old Red Logistics: on a Sunday (the cheapest day)

$2600 Site Rental (5 hrs)

$350 Security Guards (required after 5pm)

= $2950 total

• ssarangissarangi member
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    also check out Addison Conference & Theater Center...its BYOB, as long as you hire certified bartenders.  Also, they allow you to bring in your own caterer, so long as the business is based in Addison.  Angie Turner is great to work with and very flexible.  I believe that you could book the event for any 12-hour time slot.  the cost is approx. $3800 (which includes required security).  the venue capacity is 300 people.  Also, check out Royal Catering (ask for Phillip) - cheapest I have found. We are using them to provide waitstaff, china, napkins, and bartenders.
  • edited December 2011

At venues where you must have a TABC rep certified in order to BYOB, you can get some friends certified for TABC online. I can't remember the cost of the certificate but it takes about 2 hours to go through the online rules/guidelines, etc... for certification.

• aeliza06aeliza06 member
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Comments
    edited December 2011
    In McKinney- may be a bit of a drive- but check out the Cotton Mill- awesome venue with lots of space and you can BYOB. I am getting my bridals done here and have attended two weddings here. Love it!
  • aburns430aburns430 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our wedding at Lofty Spaces next weekend!  Bruce is awesome to work with!  Very flexible as long as you communicate with him.  He also owns Off the Grid but Lofty Spaces would be the better choice for your guest count.  You can bring your own alcohol and food but his catering was so reasonable we are using his.  We saved a ton of money on the alcohol alone!  He is providing a bartender, cups, bar and ice for $150.  Tell him Amanda Burns sent you!  :)  You will love him!  He does open house every wednesday from 6:30-8pm.  Good luck!  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the help everyone! 

I tried the cotton mill, it looked really pretty but they told me someone already had "first dibs" on my date, so I decided to put that off until later.

And I wish I would have seen what you wrote about Lofty spaces/off the grid! FI and I debated back and forth about whether or not to go see it. Only one of them was available on our date, it is PERFECT for our budget. The only thing is that we were worried about the neighborhood and that it is kind of far from the church (Plano). All in all, we never ended up getting back with him about going to see it. I bet your wedding is going to be beautiful there!

We ended up booking Addison Theater and Conference Center! I am super excited, it is gorgeous, exactly what we were looking for, and fits perfect in our budget! Plus they are giving us some deals on extra stuff like lighting and such. Now to move on to the next taskkk...dress shopping! =]

Thanks again for helping!!
  • ssarangissarangi member
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    hey gobananas!!

I am actually getting married at the Addison Conference and Theater center on 9/3/11!! :)

What kinda deals did they give you?  We also got the lighting, but I would definitely check them out, b/c they're not very bright.  We ended up going with The Road Show (ask for Rene) for lighting.  He is very good and reaonable!! $25/uplight! :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_byob-venue-dallasnorth-dallas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:3498adde-fc74-423b-a0cb-2ac2f9722f72Post:845b2691-118f-46a6-b1a3-090c09e42b64">Re: BYOB venue dallas/north dallas</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are having our wedding at Lofty Spaces next weekend!  Bruce is awesome to work with!  Very flexible as long as you communicate with him.  He also owns Off the Grid but Lofty Spaces would be the better choice for your guest count.  You can bring your own alcohol and food but his catering was so reasonable we are using his.  We saved a ton of money on the alcohol alone!  He is providing a bartender, cups, bar and ice for $150.  Tell him Amanda Burns sent you!  :)  You will love him!  He does open house every wednesday from 6:30-8pm.  Good luck!  :)
    Posted by aburns430[/QUOTE]

what about chairs,tables,decor ?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards