Getting in Shape
Options

Beautiful looking arms :)

Does anyone know of special ways to weight lift or certain exercises to do that will get that part that is connecting your arm with your body, close to the armpit, that sometimes shows some rolls, looking good and firm?

Re: Beautiful looking arms :)

• Options
    anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

The problem with arm pit fat is that you cannot get rid of it with exercise. 

First, you could change up your diet to lose more fat.  

Second, you could build some muscle underneath the skin.  The best exercises for the arm fit fat area are push ups, supermans, lat pull downs at the gym, upright row, shoulder press, chest press and dumbbell chest fly.

A more controversial answer includes findings from a few preliminary studies.  Some research has linked chemicals in our diets and environment to arm pit fat.  Chemicals like BPA, pesticides and hormones fed to animals that we eat.  They have also linked medicine such as birth control to contibuting to the arm pit fat area.  I am not recommending going off birth control if you are currently on it.   However, I just want to point out that even with a proper diet and fitness plan, it may not be possible to get rid of this area of fat.  

Lastly, this area is one of the top photoshopped areas on the female body.  I remember teenage singer JoJo speaking to a classroom as part of Dove’s campaign for beauty, showing that she too in fact had arm pit fat and she was a skinny little thing.  Do not dwell on one area of your body.  We are all made differently.  Genetics probably play the biggest role in how your body is composed.

• Options
    I had a huge amount of success in that area by doing the 100 pushup challenge.  By the end of the 4th week, that little roll thing was gone for me, and it was really noticeable!  Of course, because I haven't been doing pushups in the last several months, it's back, but at least I know what I can do to get it to go away again!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That particular area of fat that you're mentioned is from your chest. The best weight lifting for that are pec flies and push-ups (IMO). You still NEED cardio to take care of it... THere is no such thing as focusing on a trouble spot, but you can focus on a muscle group that can help. Also, it could just be that your gown/shirts aren't fitting properly. Everyone has SKIN there, and if things aren't fitted properly, even skinny chicks are going to have a little fatty-looking skin there. 
  • Options
    this is totally unrelated but @firstimersluck - your sig pic is gorgeous! so cute!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hey, so what's the 100 pushup challenge? I'm dying to know, since my arms need the most work, I'll do just about anything at this point haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It's a 6 week program designed to get people to be able to do 100 pushups at a go.  It sounds scary, but I went from being able to do 6 girly pushups to ~50 easily in about 4 weeks, so it's definitely possible!  And it really helped me tone my arms (and the pit skin/fat the post is about)!

http://hundredpushups.com/
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards