Getting in Shape

Those damn last 5 pounds

Im so rediculously close to my goal weight but I am having such a hard time with the last 5 pounds.

Im doing weight watchers, I do Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and pilates 2 days a week.

Im gonna start adding TKB and zumba  back into my life..

I eat tons of fruits and vegies, been drinking water like a fish... I watch my intake with WW points.

What else can I do?
Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers image165 image100 image38

Re: Those damn last 5 pounds

• Well my first input would have been diet, but it sounds like you're already on track there.

So my other thought is that you need to switch things up.  If you're body is used to the same foods and workouts, then it's going to be in a sort of 'comfort zones.'  Throwing in different foods and workout routines will pull it back out of this area and into high-burning mode again.
    Anniversary
  • I'm not really familiar with the new WW point system, but when I was doing it, we had a 7 point range, and you could do everything from loose to gain in this range.  Maybe you should look at your points (if you are the top end of your points, cut out 2-3 points), and then do like PP said and through some variety into your routine.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_those-damn-last-5-pounds?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:afb18ddd-92df-4bf2-8d5c-baffee70511ePost:53482625-0fac-4abe-94b5-5f9403b13b23">Re: Those damn last 5 pounds</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not really familiar with the new WW point system, but when I was doing it, we had a 7 point range, and you could do everything from loose to gain in this range.  Maybe you should look at your points (if you are the top end of your points, cut out 2-3 points), and then do like PP said and through some variety into your routine.
    Posted by Lark2013[/QUOTE]

This.  Are your points the same as they were 13 lbs ago?  Perhaps your eating goals need to be reevaluated for the lighter you?
  • I started at about your starting weight, and got down to about the weight you're at now with WW as well.  I found that the number of points I got (at that weight, you should be about at the smallest number of points they allow) when I got to that weight did not allow me to eat enough healthy fats to really sustain my loss.  I stalled out, and then it came time for my final fitting.  I began to try to maintain instead of lose, and lo and behold, by adding 7 points, and increasing my points mostly by increasing my healthy fats, I lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks.  It sucked, because I had already had my final fitting, and I was trying so hard to NOT lose.

I ended up going back, and logging about a week's worth of food into a calorie tracker.  Turns out that low points number had me at around 1000-1100 calories a day, and I was struggling to get more than 20g of fat into my daily diet.  Adding the maintenance points brought me up to 1500ish calories a day, and brought my fats into a healthier 40ish grams a day.  I absolutely blame the low calories and fat for my plateau.

So, I'm not necessarily saying that's the case for you, but it might behoove you to log a few days' worth of eating into a site that actually tracks calories, protein, fat, and carbs and see where you're at.  That's the one thing that makes WW really difficult--you're not seeing those numbers, and often the problem is easily diagnosible when you do see them.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • yeah they started me at 29 which was the lowest, then after new years they revamped the program and now its down to 26.

i just hate the idea of having to track twice..blah but i really should. I have a body bugg i started wearing again and you can track all your food into that program,

thanks guys
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers image165 image100 image38
  • CH11CH11 member
    First Comment
    One of the earlier posters is right- sometimes with clients, their calories may be TOO low for weight loss. I suggest just re-evaluating.

Also, I know now on the new WW points system fruits and veggies don't count as points, but perhaps consider the times you eat these. They still do have calories. Are you dipping or topping them with anything like dressing, butter, sugar?

Good luck!
    Carlene R.D. Registered Dietitian*Wedding Wellness Nutrition* http://carlenesfigments.wordpress.com/wedding-wellness/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards