Getting in Shape

Workout Accountability : Wednesday

Morning!

Just got home from vacation and reading yesterday's updates - looks like everyone is doing really well!  Way to go!

FI and I ate complete garbage while away (fried seafood, ice cream, and alcohol galore) but  successfully started p90x on vacation (today will be day five.)  My calves are killing, but otherwise I'm really actually enjoying the program.  We sort of half-a**ed the yoga day yesterday, but today is legs and back so I'm expecting a rough one.

How are you all doing?
Anniversary

Re: Workout Accountability : Wednesday

• Welcome back!  Sounds like the exercise program is going well!  Good job!  I did weights yesterday because I'd been slacking on that, and some bike at the gym.  The workout was pretty good.  Eating was only ok for me.
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • Morning ladies!

Welcome back Lobsters!

Yesterday was a successful gym day. I did weightlifting first and really pushed myself (25 minutes total), then 15 minutes on the stairmaster and 30 minutes on the elliptical. I was exhausted and hungry by the end of that or I would have gone for another 10 minutes.

I might use today as a rest day. I've had like 12 cardio days in a row and I'm feeling overall pretty tired.
  • Welcome back Lobsters! Keep my updated on the p90x! I'm interested to see how you like it.

Yesterday was my rest day. This morning I spent about an hour at the gym. I lifted for about 30 minutes, chest and bis. Then I did a 20 minute HIIT work out on the treadmill with a 5 minute cool down. Those HIIT work outs seriously kick my a**. It still feels kind of weird to me to do such a short cardio work out, but I am always beat and dripping sweat when I'm done so I know I'm working hard.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I took a few days off...I found out that on Sunday, my 19 year old cat from back home passed away in her sleep, so I was quite upset. At least I know she had a heck of a life...i had her since the 6th grade believe it or not :)

On a happier note, i went to an AMAZING Radiohead concert last night and, even though I am on literally 3 hours of sleep, I managed to get up and do 40 minutes on the elliptical and 10 min of abs...will do weights tonight.

Hope you all have a good day :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi Everyone.  I skipped the accountability thread yesterday, but it was an ok day.  I did well with my eating, after an over indulgent weekend, so that was good.  Took a long walk at lunch, but otherwise no exercise :/

Back to the gym tonight for a weights class followed by a step class.   I hate spending 2+ hours there, but I'll be happy when it's done!
  • Morning everyone! Welcome back Lobsters!

Yesterday, as I predicted, I only walked the dog as exercise. My eating was good though, so I'm still happy.

Today I'm going to fit a bike ride in after volunteering at my mom's elementary school and before work tonight.

Glad to hear you're all doing well! Entropic - take that break! 12 days in a row?! You deserve one!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yesterday was a good day food wise.   Had a big salad for dinner and FI said he loved it - he normally isn't big on making salads so that was a huge win.  

Today I biked to work which is good as I have a lunch meeting and I am not sure there will be that many healthy food options at the meeting.  

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Last night didn't go quite as planned. Instead of elliptical I ended up making margarita cupcakes. This morning I made it to the elliptical, though, and my eating (with the exception of licking the beaters last night) has been good.

Tomorrow it's back to 30ds. I'm definitely feeling the difference now that I've increased my weights.

Have a great Wednesday, everyone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I haven't been in here in awhile because I'm totally guilty of not exercising in a loooong while.  I mean, I'll walk the three miles or so downtown and back, but head to the gym?  Ugh, it's awful. 

Last night, I was in my underwear and FI was like, you look fabulous, why do you think you need to lose weight?  I told him I hated my stomach and my thighs and he was very simple in his response - "So, do something about it."  Simple enough to motivate me to get my butt to the gym today.

I also am on a trial gluten-free week right now, which is really hard.  I think a trip to Whole Foods is in order after the gym tonight because I hate the $5 loaf of bread I bought and there has to be something better.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • McRogolMcRogol member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    I just have to say, I love reading the accountability threads.  Especially the posts when people have a tough time working out but gut it out anyways!  And I really like that by the time I wake up in San Diego some of you east coasters have already worked out and posted...very motivating!

I swam a mile and a quarter today - used the pull buoy again - great for keeping my thighs, abs, and rear-end engaged while I work the heck out of my arms. 

I joined My Fitness Plan a few days ago - it's so much easier to make better food choices when you have to log it in and see it in front of you!  I'm not sure how long able to keep that up, but in the meantime I'm hoping it helps me recalibrate what appropriate consumption should be.

Happy Wednesday!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • souptinsouptin member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-wednesday-30?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:b874542e-4b3b-4f0a-9a6c-4ba994802aacPost:a3f227ed-591c-4708-aee5-32ef5d31d95c">Re: Workout Accountability : Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't been in here in awhile because I'm totally guilty of not exercising in a loooong while.  I mean, I'll walk the three miles or so downtown and back, but head to the gym?  Ugh, it's awful.  Last night, I was in my underwear and FI was like, you look fabulous, why do you think you need to lose weight?  I told him I hated my stomach and my thighs and he was very simple in his response - "So, do something about it."  Simple enough to motivate me to get my butt to the gym today. <strong>I also am on a trial gluten-free week right now, which is really hard.  I think a trip to Whole Foods is in order after the gym tonight because I hate the $5 loaf of bread I bought and there has to be something better</strong>.
    Posted by erbear84[/QUOTE]

Hi! I have been GF for 9 months now and it was the best thing I ever did ( turns out I AM allergic to the stuff)
    I am happy to share tips with you if you are struggling to find things to eat :)
    At this point I have learned to sub almost everything.
    Bread is the tricky part. I live in Canada so I dont know what available to you, but here we have a GF bread by a company called "aidens" its the BEST that I have found and you buy it FRESH not frozen which is a rare thing to find!
    If you like cornbread you can find some great GF mixes that are easy and deeeellish

As for my acountability: I have done ok, gone to the gym the last two days for cardio and weights  and done so/so on food....over the weekend we bought some fancy expensive cheese that I keep stealing a nibble of here and there and FI sister just gave me a big goodie bag of GF treats she found while shopping in the US (all stuff I cannot get here)  that I have been snacking on......so that is probably why my scale is only moving a smidge.

taking tonight off and going thursday for body pump.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yesterday was both a day off and not a great food day - I ate halfway decently at a BBQ, but definitely drank too many calories worth of sangria! Today has been better, and I'm on day 3 of 30DS. It's definitely kicking my ass - my quads! - but I like it a lot, so far.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• Hey  all!

Lobsters, I must have missed it, where did you  go?

I just ran 3 miles today.  Like kwitherington, I felt off but it was my energy level.  The good thing about  my current job is that I'm on my feet most of the day, but it does leave me a little more tired when I get home.  My sister and I still might do a 30 minute Nike Training workout tonight.

Glad to see everyone is doing so well!
  • Glad to see so many jumping back in!

Jude, has your diet/calorie intake changed at all with the new job?  Make sure to add some more protein and extra water with your new schedule!
    We went to Cape Cod to finalize all of the wedding details.  Nothing like cake tasting for breakfast!

Anniversary
  • McRogolMcRogol member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-wednesday-30?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:b874542e-4b3b-4f0a-9a6c-4ba994802aacPost:2a311a94-778f-4b1c-b3fb-32d82df0a85a">Re: Workout Accountability : Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Glad to see so many jumping back in! Jude, has your diet/calorie intake changed at all with the new job?  Make sure to add some more protein and extra water with your new schedule! We went to Cape Cod to finalize all of the wedding details.  Nothing like cake tasting for breakfast!
    Posted by Lobsters25[/QUOTE]

Where on the cape are you getting married?!?  My fiance's family has a house in North Falmouth - we had wanted to find the right place for us there but it didn't quite happen.  One of my most favorite places!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In the Chatham/Orleans area.  We LOVE shopping in Falmouth (especially stopping into CupCapes...yum...)
    Anniversary
  • Well, I am still just getting started with this whole work out thing. Here is what I have managed so far - I thinkI have a ways to go.

Mon - Tried a 10 min arm workout video on Netflix. It felt great and I know I worked some areas that really need it an have no muscle whatsoever. Aslo tried the 10 minute leg workout, but had some trouble due to a problem with my knee. Got in about 1 mile walk with my Mom.

Tues - Did the 10 minute abs workout. Tried the "buns" workout, at problems with this one as well due to my knees. Also mowed the lawn - do I get points for that?

Today - Tried a cardio video and was reminded why I hate group exercise classes. I think no amount of dance classes will give me any sort of rhythm for my that big first dance. I stuck it out until the end of the video though. I figure maybe if I keep doing the same one, eventually I'll learn the moves and get better at it.  

I am so impressed by all of the workouts you all do, I think I'd keel over if I tried to run 3 miles right now. Hopefully I can continue to do at least some small amount of exercise each day and things will improve!

It's a start!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • FMK2012FMK2012 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Hi ladies!

I created a new username and a new account but hopefully my sig looks somewhat familiar. :-) I have been a busy bee this last week and have also been out of the workout routine after suffering a foot injury last weekend where I got into a fight with the cake stand lid that fell on the floor... it won. I was too stubborn to go to the doctor right away after cutting the top of my foot pretty bad (I didn't want to miss my Uncle's graduation!) so I bandaged myself up and went to my Uncle's graduation. After seeing the wound didn't close up Sunday I went to Urgent Care where I learned I should have gone the day before as I was, in fact, in need of stitches. Best they could do was put a steri-strip bandage to close the wound as best they could and put me on anti-biotics for 10 days (yay.). I'm not cleared to run or swim until next week so this week I'm going stir crazy not being able to work out.

While the first month of marriage has been wonderful, the diet/exercise has not. Maybe it's the whole idea of not having a big event to plan for or a dress to feel great in, but man oh man has my eating habits taken a back seat. I feel so bloated and heavy and I'm also not used to a job where I sit for 8 hours a day (I used to teach and was always on my feet all day). At work, I find myself snacking in front of the computer more frequently. I've thought about asking my boss if I could move my lunch and breaks around to allow for a 30-45 minute gym session (there is an LA Fitness right across the street from work that taunts me daily). Perhaps the mid-day workout will help me get up, get moving, and take a mental break from work.

I'm glad to be back here posting. It definitely makes me feel accountable. I'm just eager to have my foot heal and get back on the pavement running next week!

Have a great night!
    imageimage

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-wednesday-30?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:b874542e-4b3b-4f0a-9a6c-4ba994802aacPost:52726f7c-e962-4c5e-8eab-28b6590e29ab">Re: Workout Accountability : Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Workout Accountability : Wednesday : Hi! I have been GF for 9 months now and it was the best thing I ever did ( turns out I AM allergic to the stuff) I am happy to share tips with you if you are struggling to find things to eat :) At this point I have learned to sub almost everything. Bread is the tricky part. I live in Canada so I dont know what available to you, but here we have a GF bread by a company called "aidens" its the BEST that I have found and you buy it FRESH not frozen which is a rare thing to find! If you like cornbread you can find some great GF mixes that are easy and deeeellish
    Posted by souptin[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Whole Foods had SOOOO much more GF stuff than my regular grocery store.  I bought some GF wraps since I wasn't crazy about the bread - although, since I spent so much for it I WILL be eating it at some point!  They had a lot more varieties of GF snack bars, which, as a teacher, I prefer for a mid-day snack.  I've found that I really dig Amy's GF/Dairy-free burrito and Amy's Light & Lean has a sweet & sour noodle bowl that's also yummy.  The hardest thing yesterday was when my sugar dropped (I'm hypoglycemic) and I didn't have anything to snack on (I have rice cakes today but yesterday I found a teacher who had almonds) and when we made burgers for dinner last night and the hamburger buns looked sooo good.  I know it's probably better for me in the long run (I haven't had what I call my daily "gas baby" in two nights now being GF)...but I really miss bread.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards