Getting in Shape
Options

Ounces per raw meat or cooked meat when tracking?

Hey all,

I track my food/calories with SparkPeople, and I'm wondering how to be accurate with ounces of meat. For example, I bought a pork tenderloin that was 12.8 ounces raw. I weighed it cooked, and it was only 8 ounces. Should I put down that I ate 6.4 ounces or 4 ounces?? So very confused.

Thanks!!

Re: Ounces per raw meat or cooked meat when tracking?

• Options
    I dont think I understand the question, how much of it did you eat? If you ate half of it you had 4oz, if you ate 3/4 of it you had 6oz. Where does 6.4 come from?
  • Options
    I'm don't use Spark, but if you're using the information from the food packaging those are raw measurements. So lets say the package says a serving size is 4oz that means 4 ounces raw, not cooked. 
  • Options
    6.4 ounces would be half of the raw weight (12.8 ounces) and 4 ounces would be half of the cooked weight (8 ounces). It's a 117 calorie difference! I bought it  from the meat counter at Whole Foods so there's no packaging. I'm just going off of Spark People's entry for pork tenderloin. My question applies to meat in general, which changes weight when cooked. I just wonder if you track the raw or cooked weight, because it's heavier raw.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards