Getting in Shape
Options

back fat

so i bought a wedding dress that i absolutely LOVE!!! the body is slinky and flattering, it shows off my curves (i'm big busted, big hipped and have a big butt love these things) but the dress has a criss-crossed back... and i have a lil extra weight in the back and i want to look perfect in this dress... how do i get rid of that??? are there exercises that i could do?

Re: back fat

• Options
    1) cardio
    2) back/upper body weights. Upright rows (both arms and one arm at a time), lat pulldowns, shoulder press, chest press, pull ups, tricep dips, shoulder raises.
    You cant specifically target one area alone, but it will help a lot.
  • Options
    Agreed. I've got the same issue. Cardio cardio and more cardio. And strength/weight exercises to help tone things up:)
  • Options
    In addition to the great advice from the PPs, a move that helps with lower back fat is the "superman," where you lie on your stomach and extend your arms in front of you, your legs straight out in back.  You then raise both your arms and your legs at the same time, hold for a couple seconds, then release (lower arms and legs back down to the ground).  A modified version is to raise one arm and the opposite leg, then lower them, and raise the opposite arm and leg, alternating between the two.  As the PPs, said, one excercise is not going to fix a problem area alone, so cardio and overall strength training is your best bet, but this is one excercise that you can incorporate into your strength training.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards