Getting in Shape

need to lose tummy and arm weight

Anyone know how to lose tummy and underarm weight when all you have access to is a treadmil and eliptical machine...and no car to get to a gym for weights or trainers?

Re: need to lose tummy and arm weight

• Under arms benefit from tricep exercises like dips and tricept pushups (pushups emphasize different parts of your arms depending on your hand and elbow position).

Tummy weight will come off with cardio exercise, so the treadmill and elliptical will be just fine for that.  The best bang for your buck time wise is to practice interval training, alternating between periods of intense activity and moderate to light activity.  I personally like to do 1 minute intervals of running at about 8 mph and 3.8 mph walking, and I'll do that cycle for about 20 minutes before I hit other muscle exercises.  Higher inclines on treadmills will ramp the intensity.

I'd recommend getting a set of adjustable dumbells for use at home.  There's a pretty decent set that Target sells.
  • no advice but wanna wish you good luck!
  • Weight loss is 80% diet. You can build up the muscle all you want underneath but you won't see it until you lose the fat on top. 
    imageimageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_need-lose-tummy-arm-weight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:bfb3d067-6045-493b-b06a-af771b10c69fPost:e63b620a-cf94-4ebe-8101-b7f086753e30">Re: need to lose tummy and arm weight</a>:
    [QUOTE]Weight loss is 80% diet. You can build up the muscle all you want underneath but you won't see it until you lose the fat on top. 
    Posted by kristinanddan[/QUOTE]

^ This too.  I kind of skipped that part.  My bad.
  • Diet and running for those regions
    Anniversary
  • Like PP's said, you can google a lot of at home exercises to target triceps (like dips, which I love) and abs (bicycle and reverse crunches are my fave, remember belly button into spine). Add in techniques on the treadmill and elliptical (I wish I had those in the house) like HIIT, inclines, etc., and healthy diet, of course, and you've got everything you need tone those areas. Gym and weights not necessary  :)
  • Previous posters already nailed the diet part and gave good work out examples. You can't target only a certain area for weight loss, it takes both diet and exercise. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards