Getting in Shape
Options

Workout Accountability: Thursday

Hello, hello!

So last night I tried to up my pace a bit on my run.  Key word being "tried".  I ran faster for the first mile, went down to my normal pace for the second... and then my stomach started hurting again which makes no sense because I basically eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch every single day.  So only 2.5 miles.  Ugh.  I was able to stretch and do abs though. 

Tonight will be all arms (bis, tris, shoulder circuit, dumbell press and rows) and the elliptical.  I'm going to really go all out tonight because FI's office Christmas party is tomorrow and it's at a bar, plus we're going out again for dinner Saturday night.

How did everyone else do?
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Workout Accountability: Thursday

• Options
    That stinks that your stomach keeps bothering you!  Maybe you need a little snack beforehand?  I usually have some sort of granola/protein bar within the hour before I run.

Last night I told myself I would run for a certain period of time and do speed work as well.  I ended up doing just over 4.6 miles so I'm pretty happy about that.  Tonight I am hoping to do a 5k with an ab workout.
  • Options
    I took my dog on a nice & easy 3 miles this morning. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to spin class this morning! We did intervals and "hills." Very intense! I have been working out and counting calories for about a month now and so far I haven't lost any weight or noticed any difference at all in my size or my clothes feeling looser. Starting to get a little frustrated!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    lbarr: Great job on your run!  I don't know what it is with my stomach.  I ate a banana about an hour before.  FI thinks I just have a little stomach bug that hasn't left my system and I think he's right.  I was feeling a little icky the past few mornings, but I feel much better today.

Medi: That sounds like a really nice workout!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lbarr- I wouldn't really call a great dane a running dog, but I take her on short, slow, steady jogs.  She's only 2 years old too, so her joints aren't all jacked up yet. 

maribeth- hang in there!  Have you tried changing up your workouts?  Maybe throw in some interval training or take a new class... keep your body guessing!

entropic- it's nice your FI motivates you.  There are days I just don't feel like getting up early but my FI encourages me to work out with him.  Everybody needs a little push :)
  • Options
    I got in 25 minutes on the elliptical last night and 15 minutes of weight lifting. I was not feeling so hot because I hadn't gotten enough sleep - I probably would have skipped the gym if FI hadn't insisted we go...glad he did but I was definitely lagging the whole workout.
  • Options
    Nice job everyone!

heyjude- That could be it.  If it continues I'd monitor what you eat during the day, maybe some things that don't normally bother your stomach do once you start bouncing around on the treadmill :)

medic- I SO want to bring my dog for a run, but she's a mini dachsund and can't go far.  I need a running dog next.

maribeth- Stick with it and don't get discouraged.  Maybe it has something to do with the calories you are consuming... with MFP are you getting enough even after your workouts?
  • Options

I'm always so inspired reading these each day!!

Zumba this morning...running tomorrow

• Options
    Today was a bit of an easy rest day for me. I did abs this morning and then a 2 mile walk at lunch.

Its almost Friday which means the weekend ladies, yay! Keep up the good work :-) I also want to thank you for keeping me honest in what I do to stay healthy and lose some weight.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just came back from TKD. My first time back since Saturday. Idiot FI giving me whiplash on the throws. I couldn't continue exercising until I was sure it wasn't a more serious head injury.
  • Options
    Unfortunately I had class and had to take a client to the airport over 2 1/2 hours away yesterday. Plus there was traffic. Got back home wayyyy late. No workout for Thursday--kinda disappointed :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards