Getting in Shape
Options

Workout Accountability Monday

Hey everyone! The countdown is on now!

Rough weekend for me. I'm two weeks into Insanity, which means taking measurements and redoing the fit test. I've been having scale issues (I need to just break down and buy a new one), so I wasn't putting much stock in the number there. But my measurements not only haven't gotten smaller, but I'm showing an increase of an inch in my waist! I was so heartbroken, I didn't even finish the test.

I can't believe that this is where I'm supposed to be. I'm tired of being squishy. Frown

I did do my workout yesterday, but my heart wasn't in it.

Hope everyone else is having a better time of it than me!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Workout Accountability Monday

• Options
    Stick with it and don't get discouraged jenny!  With a lot of those programs I heard that you don't really see much until towards the later phases of the program.  Stick with that and most importantly the healthy eating!  I'm sure you are burning crazy amounts of cals with that workout so you could even try increasing your calories (scary, I know).

Morning all!

This weekend I was a complete grazer when it came to eating.  For the most part I had some healthy choices but there was a lot of junk mixed in there.  Saturday I didn't even complete my log, but oh well.  I know I was under my calories but when you are under with a bunch of junk it's pretty meaningless.

I did a 3 mile run with abs on Friday, Saturday I did another 3 mile run and did a quick tricep workout and on Sunday I ran 6 miles.  I was proud of my time!  I think increasing the amount of runs and mixing in intervals is really helpful.  Tonight is my abs and bicep day, and possibly a bit of crosstraining if there's time.
  • Options
    Morning all!

On Friday I was completely pooped from my crazy busy week at work (at least I'm getting paid for overtime - just in time for the holidays!). When I got home I had every intention of going to the gym, but when I went into my bedroom to get changed I magically ended up in bed and passed out for like an hour. By the time I got up, the gym was only open for another half hour...so I just worked out at home on my bike, did 55 minutes.

Saturday was a pretty off day for me food-wise. Got up early and went to body pump, then I got 35 minutes on the elliptical and 40 minutes on the treadmill, but once I got home I just wasn't very hungry. Ended up being really low on calories before heading out to a party, so by the time we were on our way home I was starving and we ended up getting McDonald's (hanging my head in shame over that one).

Yesterday was our crazy big shopping trip day - we were at the grocery store for like 2 hours just so we could get the most out of our 20% off coupon. By the time we got home and put everything away, the gym was closed...so my exercise for the day was shopping/cleaning the apartment/75 minutes on my bike. Food was once again wonky - because I'd eaten so late at night Saturday, I wasn't hungry at all till 3pm Sunday - so I only had 1.5 meals for the day. At least I was under my calories and it was MOSTLY healthy stuff.

I am totally not excited to be back at work - I'm feeling pretty mentally exhausted today.
  • Options
    Hello all!

@Jenny keep it up like PP said it can sometimes take a bit to see changes. Also for me different parts of the month will see different measurements.

Anyhow, for me Friday and Sunday were good days with food and workouts. However, Saturday was not so good. We baked 20 dozen cookies Saturday and Sunday for gifts and I totally went crazy on them on Saturday. Was able to restrain myself Sunday.

@entropic I feel you about the work. I am exhausted. However, I have only five days of work to worry about and then I am off for 11 days. I am so in need of down time.
    Aug 2013 Brides - January Siggy Wedding Site, Pinecrest Lake: imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hi everyone, i'm back!!

i'm finally starting to feel like a human being again!  This illness thing seems to be lessening (i had to take a few days off work, but that seems to have helped).  I think today I'm well enough to make my way back to the gym for a light run.  Hopefully just get a few miles in and see how the lungs are doing!

I've also come to a revelation about myself.  I felt that I've "plateaued" and haven't lost any real weight for a few months.  Granted, I only wanted to lose about 5 more pounds, but it just wasn't happening.  But I've noticed that whenever I manage to break through and drop 2-3 pounds from where I'm at now, my body rebels and I become RIDICULOUSLY hungry, my energy level drops off, and the weight comes right back.  This probably seems pretty obvious to everyone else, but i've figured out that that's my body's happy place/set point.  And given that it's well within the healthy weight requirements, I'm deciding to just be happy with that and let my body be where it wants to be.  I'm still obviously committed to working out and getting stronger, but if it turns out that this is where I'm "supposed" to be weight wise, then that's just fine with me.  And as a person with a past full of rampant body image issues, this was a pretty monumental shift in mindset, haha.

Anyhow, thought I would share and let everyone know I'm alive and recovering.  Thanks to everyone who sent good thoughts my way too, it was appreciated!
  • Options
    @Choagie - congrats on the epiphany! Sounds like quite the healthy mindset, now you just have to switch into maintenance mode :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards