Getting in Shape

Thursday - NEW MEMBERS

Hi all,

I've been lurking around a bit but haven't posted on here before.  Yesterday was the 4 month mark until the wedding and I have had no will power or been motivated for exercise.

I have been ill (still undiagnosed) since the fall and have even gained a few pounds though I am trying to watch what I eat.  I do feel better when I get some exercise, but am tired all the time so it's hard to get myself up and moving.  My mind says "do it" but my body is just not cooperating.

I do know what to eat, talked to a nutritionist about the best plan for me, but I do have little will power so still need to work on that.  I did join a gym last year but it was always uncomfortable there so we bought a quality exercise bike as well as having Wii Fit and Kinnect for fun exercise.  But I just can't seem to get motivated to get going.  My FI also needs to work out (he is the first to say it) but his "encouragment" is more "do as I say, not as I do".

I'm trying not to feel depressed over this (I am a stress eater) and just stay postive, but it's become a real struggle. 

Any tips or ideas are welcome!

Re: Thursday - NEW MEMBERS

• Neither of us are morning people!  LOL  But his schedule is just off from mine enough that working out together other than on a weekend (which we thankfully now have off together) doesn't work.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards