Getting in Shape
Options

**New Posters come Here (All you people with <100 posts)

Hi!

Welcome to the board!

I've noticed a lot of people posting (especially in the contest and ask an expert threads) that have never posted here before or even on any board.  Why don't you come out and say hi?  Tell us a little bit about yourself.

Wedding date:

Weight loss/fitness goals:

Favorite cake flavor:

If you lurk, how long have you:

Anything interesting about yourself:

Any question you might have:

Re: **New Posters come Here (All you people with <100 posts)

• Options
    Hello ladies!! My name is Zully Wedding date: 9/1/2013 Weight loss/fitness goals: lose 4045lbs, get toned and fit and make fitness part of my lifestyle Favorite cake flavor: chocolate and carrot If you lurk, how long have you: about a year Anything interesting about yourself: I was never a runner but decided to register for a 10k, I've been training now for 6 weeks with 7 weeks left to go Any question you might have: nope
  • Options
    turtle: It really sucks that weight loss is so hard.  But I think (or hope) that it'll make it more worth it in the end.  Sure, you been working hard and it's slow but think about it this way:

It took 20+ years (whatever your age is) to get you to the point of being overweight.  For me, I'm trying to reverse decades of misinformation and essentially doing it wrong.  I was not given the proper tools as a child to deal with this now because heck... I ate whatever I wanted in whatever quantities and back then did not know about how our bodies age and utilize different foods.  I think we're attempting to change our lives and if it takes a few years to get it right, that's way better than the time it took to get it wrong.

Welcome zmontero!

40-45 lbs is totally doable.  Especially in the timeline leading up to your wedding.  If you need any help at all or even just ideas, don't be afraid to ask.  Some of the ladies on this board are super knowledgeable and a great resource.
  • Options
    amw2015amw2015 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Wedding date:December 13, 2014
    Weight loss/fitness goals:Lordy... Hopefully 20 big ones!!!! (side note: I've come to realize that I'm a carbaholic and nighttime nibbler)
    Favorite cake flavor:Chocolate.............mmmmmmmm
    If you lurk, how long have you:Since January of 2012
    Anything interesting about yourself:I didn't get my driver's license until I was 19... My family moved around a lot, which meant I went to many schools that had different requirements for driver's ed.
    Any question you might have:
    Just give me a little bit, I'm sure I'll come up with some  Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hello!

Wedding date: May 19, 2012 (one month! ahhhhh!)

weight loss/fitness goals: I just really want to drop a couple pounds and pretty much maintain. Im just generally a small person naturally (actually, if i could gain a couple pounds int the RIGHT places....i would actually look better!)

Favorite Cake Flavor: Orange Chocolate....and anything chocolate cheesecake

How long i have lurked: ooooh. a few years? i post every once in a while, but it just seems like people are mostly mean on these boards, which i generally don't want any part of.

Anything interesting about yourself: I HATE yogurt. HATE HATE HATE. I even hate the smell of it.

Any question you might have: I am trying to find a yummy low-fat diet that works well with my Crohns disease.....any websites, blogs, reciepes etc would be great. 
    **If I had my life to do over again I would find you sooner so I could love you longer** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I occasionally lurk/post here so thought I'd come say hi!

Wedding date: 3/23/13

Weight loss/fitness goals: Ideally I'd like to be around 150 before my wedding day. I've been fluctuating between about 174-179 for a loooong time and I'm SICK of it! I wouldn't mind losing a little more but 150 is a good point to be at for my height/build (I'm 5'5"). A longer term goal I keep thinking about is doing a marathon eventually. I'm NOT a runner so this would be huge for me, haha. It's something I'd like to do, but I'm still not 100% motivated to do it.

Favorite cake flavor: Hmm.. I'd have to go with marble with I think it's the buttercream frosting. NOT the whipped cream kind of frosting. Or red velvet of course :-)

If you lurk, how long have you: Well, I joined TK back before I was even engaged but I don't think I really looked at any of the boards until we got engaged last May. So I've been off and on lurking and occasionally posting here since then. I mostly stick to my month and local boards but I venture out here sometimes!

Anything interesting about yourself: My body does weird things.. like I can wiggle my ears, roll my tongue up into a clover shape, I'm double jointed in my fingers and one big toe (the other one used to be until I broke it), I can pop the tendons out on my ankles and my kneecaps move around creepily easily. I'm pretty weird, haha.

Any question you might have: Hmm.. nothing in particular but I've really been struggling with weight loss. I try to watch what I eat and exercise but even when I think I'm doing well, the scale won't budge. I've tracked my food enough that I have a good idea of how many calories things are and I try to cut the junk food out but it gets hard sometimes. I try to exercise more (it's been better now that I got a new job that has a gym in the building!) but sometimes I'm just so tired that I go home instead of onto the treadmill for a while. It's frustrating. I know HOW to lose weight and what needs to change, but for some reason I just can't seem to do it. Any advice? I know it's *sorta* hereditary as my mom's side all has big hips and such, but I should be able to fight it! I used to be so tiny! Haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    Wedding date: June 29, 2013

Weight loss/fitness goals:  Just get toned!!!  I want to get back into running 5k's because that takes care of the legs and tummy and then a little weight lifting for my arms :)

Favorite cake flavor: Vanilla

If you lurk, how long have you:  A couple months ago, my friend asked me to be a bridesmaid so I have looked TK with her just once, but I recently got engaged so I made my own account last week!  I love it so far!

Anything interesting about yourself:  I used to be in GREAT shape because I was a runner in high school but last summer I had surgery on my ankle and I haven't run in about a year.  I am slowly but surely getting back into it.  Also, I am getting married at my fiance's parents' house.  It is BEAUTIFUL there!

Any question you might have:  How long should a honeymoon be?  I know it is subjective, but is there an average?
  • Options
    Nlewis:  What are your trigger foods?  I've got a gluten condition which compounds into a dairy one as well.  If any of the recipes I've collected might be of help, let me know and i'll point you in the right direction!

jenni:  If you are indeed tracking every single bite or drink you put in your body, exercising regularly, and eating a mostly clean and healthy diet, you should be losing weight.  If you aren't, you should mention this to your doctor or visit a nutritionist who may be able to help you break the code a bit.  It can be tricky.

Allie:  Just in my opinion, I don't think a honeymoon should be ridiculously long.  This isn't the middle ages where you new H would literally carry you off for a whole moon's cycle so that when you returned you were despoiled of your virtues so that your male kinfolk wouldn't want you back lest they suffer the shame of a deflowered woman possibly with child.  Thankfully we're in a modern century.  I think a week is enough in general.  Heck, some people just do tiny day or weekend trips and seem to have the time of their lives.  So the real question is:  How much time do you need to make the most of whichever location you have chosen/
  • Options
    anna - It seems like anything that is high carb works well for me (i eat lots of pastas ect) anything that is raw veggie/fruit generally isn't good for me. Yogurt is supposed to be amazing for Crohns....and of course i hate yogurt. so there's that option. I try to eat lots of chicken and keep the red meats to a mininum (though ground hamburger is usually fine). I have thought about doing gluten free stuff, but since my diet is mainly based in carbs, i would be cutting my already sparse diet down again. I dunno. thoughts?
    **If I had my life to do over again I would find you sooner so I could love you longer** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wedding date:  May 4, 2013

Weight loss/fitness goals:  I've lost 22 pounds and would love to loose another 20.

Favorite cake flavor: My guy is the dessert/sweet eater (I'm more of a savory) so he will really have a say.

If you lurk, how long have you:  I posted some when I first got engaged (new name- had to change it to be more discrete).  Happy to be back!

Anything interesting about yourself:  Just switched my career to nursing and am working night shift.  It is so hard to find the motivation to get my butt in gear after working 12+ hour shifts, but I really need to figure it out and get healthier.

Any question you might have:  I just started reading "The New Rules of Lifting for Women".  I actually first heard about it here.  Anyone read/ follow it? Any tips?
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_new-posters-come-here-all-you-people-with-100-posts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:c61b7458-0da7-4bf9-a631-fa3072f0bbfaPost:b2faa5e2-23e1-4a70-9269-a6c806512019">Re: **New Posters come Here (All you people with <100 posts)</a>:
    [QUOTE]anna - It seems like anything that is high carb works well for me (i eat lots of pastas ect) anything that is raw veggie/fruit generally isn't good for me. Yogurt is supposed to be amazing for Crohns....and of course i hate yogurt. so there's that option. I try to eat lots of chicken and keep the red meats to a mininum (though ground hamburger is usually fine). I have thought about doing gluten free stuff, but since my diet is mainly based in carbs, i would be cutting my already sparse diet down again. I dunno. thoughts?
    Posted by NLewis1[/QUOTE]

<div>There are still tons of carbs to be had in gluten free food. Some of it is even more carb and starch laden because rice, oatmeal, and potato are the 3 biggest subs in GF breads and such.</div><div>
    </div><div>Let me think on this a bit.  I seem to remember some kind of "eat like an italian", Pasta based food plan that might be right up you alley if you can handle cooked veggies.</div><div>
    </div><div>Also, for the yogurt try adding a touch on honey.  I love my greek yogurt that way!</div>
  • Options
    Hi, I'm Caitlin. 24 years old and a preschool teacher. I'm a former dancer and runner that NEEDS to get back into shape. Wedding date:10/13/12 Weight loss/fitness goals: I'm not too concerned with the numbers but I'd like to be back down to 120 high school weight before the wedding. Mostly, I just want to slim and tone. I want to be an example to my FH so he looses some weight too. Favorite cake flavor: red velvet. Mmmmm : Anything interesting about yourself: I have a 16 month old daughter. She makes finding time to exercise difficult, but it's def worth it. Any question you might have: not really a question, but I need more healthy recipes.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_new-posters-come-here-all-you-people-with-100-posts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:c61b7458-0da7-4bf9-a631-fa3072f0bbfaPost:4b027abf-9be8-4263-a8c9-6233ef809bd7">Re:New Posters come Here All you people with lt;100 posts</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, I'm Caitlin. 24 years old and a preschool teacher. I'm a former dancer and runner that NEEDS to get back into shape. Wedding date:10/13/12 Weight loss/fitness goals: I'm not too concerned with the numbers but I'd like to be back down to 120 high school weight before the wedding. Mostly, I just want to slim and tone. I want to be an example to my FH so he looses some weight too. Favorite cake flavor: red velvet. Mmmmm : Anything interesting about yourself: I have a 16 month old daughter. She makes finding time to exercise difficult, but it's def worth it. Any question you might have: not really a question, but I need more healthy recipes.
    Posted by caitlinb119[/QUOTE]

<div>Check out both <a href="http://www.skinnytaste.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.skinnytaste.com/</a> and <a href="http://www.cookinglight.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.cookinglight.com/</a></div><div>
    </div><div>TONS of excellent calorie friendly recipes.</div>
  • Options
    Wedding Date: May 31, 2013

Weight Loss/Fitness Goals: Improve overall fitness and improve muscle definition and my overall "squishiness".

Favourite Cake Flavour: Chocolate, without a doubt!

If you lurk, how long have you: I'm not a lurker. This is my first day here!

Anything interesting about yourself: I just started working with a trainer (my lovely brother, who knows me better than I know myself when it comes to motivation) and I'm really excited to see when he's going to have me doing! He's got a private gym in the basement of his house, so no fighting with the public gym crowd. I hate that.

Any Questions I Might Have: Not really, unless anyone has any ideas for fun, off beat workouts that you can throw into your regular routine to add a little spice.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Hey I'm new here 

My name is Jen

Wedding date Sept 1 2012

Goal: Go from 162 to 140 before wedding day

Cake flavor: Red Velvet with Cream cheese frosting...yum

Lurking: only for a few weeks

Interesting thing: I met my fiance on match.com which I swore I would never use! (and I promise we are perfectly normal people)

Question:I have 2 small children and I always wonder how other moms find time to work out?

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Well I am newly engaged!! We haven't come up with a date yet, but we are thinking Fall of 2013. I need HELP!! Lol I have no idea how to plan a wedding. However, I do know that I want to lose some weight before I even take engagement pictures. My goal is to lose at least 50 lbs. Tell me your secrets!!!
  • Options
    rakishlass, To spice things up I like doing challenges like:

or I mostly rely on fun dvd workouts that I can alternate.  Like I have the NYC Ballet workout, 30 Day Shred, TaeBo, a Salsa Dancing workout...

Jenrdh, most of the ladies on this board are super busy but I assure you that time can be found or made if you really want it.  Exercise doesn't have to mean putting your family aside.  Things like Bike rides, neighborhood walks, and even a family exercise routine (including lifting babies to make them "fly" can all work easily.

Dstarkey:  Check out my comments in this thread: http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_need-to-lose-50     I wrote a heck of an advice post

• Options
    Wedding date: 6/29/2013

Weight loss/fitness goals: Going from size 24 to size 16 by January, then I'll reevaluate. (I'm 6 feet tall.) I'm more interested in gaining muscle back than worrying about the numbers on the scale.

Favorite cake flavor: Coconut lime

If you lurk, how long have you: I've lurked on TK off and on for years before getting engaged Feb 2012. I've read this board a few times, but I haven't been ready to make a real change until now.

Anything interesting about yourself: I am recovering from a severe iron and vitamin D deficiency. Normal vit D is 30-100. Mine was 6. Now that my levels are back up, I'm not nearly as hungry.

Any question you might have: None yet. 

Cake! - June 2013
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hey

My name is Kat
    Wedding date Sept 15th 2012

Goal: lose another 20 pounds
    Cake flavor: not sure yet, tasting in a few weeks ;)
    Lurking: only for a cpl months
    Interesting thing: i have been on my own since i was 16!
    Question:  none that i can think of right now. i started out at 153 on 1/1/12 and i am down to 137. I was stuck at 140 for about a month or so and couldnt get over that hump but i think it was because i wasnt eating enough. i changed up my diet a little bit and i finally broke thru last week and i dropped down to 137 as of today.
  • Options
    Wedding date: September 22, 2012

Weight loss/fitness goals: This is kind of sensative for me because of eating disorder issues I use to have. I am about 215-220 now and I'd like to get under 200 I know I'm not going to be 150 by September if I'm going to be losing weight in a healthy way. So really I'm just focusing on getting to where I can hike for longer. My biggest worry is my dress coming in and I can't fit in it. The bridal salon told me to maintain but my weight yo yos so much I wont to lose enough to make it loose on me. 

Favorite cake flavor: Black Forst cake. I love cherries I hope I can talk my fiance into having 1 layer of black forest he doesn't like chocolate!

If you lurk, how long have you: I didn't lurk at all.

Anything interesting about yourself: I'm in culinary school for baking and pastry.

Any question you might have: How do I stop stressing about my dress fitting me? I mean I know it will but I'm so afraid what if it doesn't!
  • Options
    Wedding date: August 30, 2013

Weight loss/fitness goals: Well recently gained weight from some new medication (lurpon depot - in case anyone is familar with it) so my goal is to get back to my pre-engagement weight. The challenge started in Feb, I'm down 8 lbs so far, 22 to go.

Favorite cake flavor: All of them! Such a sweet tooth.

If you lurk, how long have you: Huh?

Anything interesting about yourself: Everything is interesting about me! Jk. I don't know so hard to pick something. We just bought a house, that's interesting and exciting :)

Any question you might have: No questions yet. We are waiting to book a reception hall until last this summer. We want to pay our school taxes (yuck)...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wedding date: June 22, 2013
    Weight loss/fitness goals: 10lbs. aka all the weight I gained my first year of college!
     Favorite cake flavor: definitely strawberry or chocolate :)
    If you lurk, how long have you: I've been on TK since I got engaged a few months ago, but haven't posted anything until now!
    Anything interesting about yourself: My fiance and I are high school sweethearts!
    Any question you might have: How can I curb cravings?! I am terrible with wanting something so bad and then bingeing on it.. making me want to just "waste" the day and keep eating crappy until the next day, where I can "start over".
  • Options
    Annie:  Cravings can be a huge problem for some.  I feed my cravings (within reason).  i find that if I eat something similar that's healthy or even just a small portion of the food I want, it keeps me from going crazy later.  
  • Options
    Wedding date: March 23, 2013

Weight loss/fitness goals: lose 70 pounds. get in shape. feel good about my body again.

Favorite cake flavor: carrot cake. yummm.

If you lurk, how long have you: idk what that means

Anything interesting about yourself: i'm a writer, full time nanny, and college student

Any question you might have: anybody out there doing weight watchers and looking for an accountability partner?
  • Options
    Wedding date: 10/21/12

Weight loss/fitness goals: Since dating FI I gained 20lbs of "happy weight"  as a PP called it. Blah!  Lost the 20 I gained with weight watchers but have since plateaued. Need to get back on track!!!

Favorite cake flavor: **sing-song voice** Chocolate!

If you lurk, how long have you: I would say about 2 months/randomly post.

Anything interesting about yourself: I went to school for biology and ended up as an environmental chemist.

Any question you might have:  None at the moment.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wedding date: Haven't set a date yet, but probably sometime next year

Weight loss/fitness goals: As much as I can, but would like to lose about 60 lbs

Favorite cake flavor: German Chocolate

If you lurk, how long have you: Just joined TK a few days ago and just now discovered this section!

Anything interesting about yourself: I am a nerd and proud of it. :)

Any question you might have: What kind of workout routine would you recommend for someone who's just starting out?
  • Options
    Hi! I'm Meghan.
    Wedding date: Aug. 31, 2013
    Weight loss/fitness Goals: 45 lbs
    Favorite cake flavor: anything with chocolate!!
    I've never really lurked, checked out the knot a couple of times when friends were getting married...just joined yesterday.
    Interesting thing about myself? I'm an avid reader, and we're doing a bookish theme for the wedding!
    Any questions you might have: Mostly where to start? With everything there is to plan, and trying to figure out what is the best fitness program for me, everything is a bit daunting!
  • Options
    Lyndsie:  with 60 lbs to lose, diet should be #1 for you.  When I started, all i did for exercise was a good walk every night (which became running as i got stronger) and an occasional 30 Day Shred dvd workout.

fairy:  1st..  I LOVE book themed weddings.  They're always so neat!
               2nd..   Start with knowing what you're eating.  Hop on a free site like SparkPeople and start logging everything you eat for the next week.  Once it's all laid outlike that, it's startlingly obvious where huge gaps and problems in your diet can be.
  • Options

Hi I'm Denise!

My wedding date is April 20, 2013!!!

I joined the knot awhile ago but just realized all the great message boards on here!

Weight Loss Goal : Another 10 pounds and tone up as well.  I lost 10 already by doing Turbo Fire. 

Something Interesting: I am a Beachbody Coach so I try to help people get motivated to workout, to eat right and be healthy.  I also have an obsession with the quotes on Pinterest :)

Any questions I might have: My biggest weakness is after dinner, right before bed snacking.  I try to curb it as much as possible, and sometimes I'll have a piece of fruit or some Shakeology, but once in awhile it gets the best of me!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi all!  I'm a 31 year old newly engaged female from Montreal Quebec & so excited to be here!

Wedding Date: February 1st 2013
    Fitness goals: Tighten & tone - go down to a size 8 (I'm currently a size 11/12)

I have some fitness equipment at home and was looking to purchase some exercise DVDs and received an email about the Knot's Bridal Bootcamp - has anyone purchased/used these?  I'd like some feedback before investing.

Thanks! Laughing
  • Options
    Blondee:  I'm starting the Bridal Bootcamp on Monday (after finals are out of the way).  So check back and ask me later next week and I'll post a whole review for you on the dvd.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards