Getting in Shape
Options

Pump up treadmill workouts?

How do you pump up your treadmill workouts?

I ussually either do inclines where it goes from low to high then to low and up the speed or run for 2 min walk for 2 mins. I am just curious what you do on the treadmill besides plain walking.
Photobucket

Re: Pump up treadmill workouts?

• Options
    I run intervals.  2 minutes walking, 1 minute all out sprint, repeat for about 15 minutes.  Kinda makes me want to puke, but burns calories pretty darned quickly.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I also do intervals,,,

Like Raynes, I like to sprint for 45 seconds, then walk for 1 minute to recover...then repeat.

I also will put the incline all the way to 15. I will walk at a very slow speed @ 2.2 mph for 1 minute, then increase the walk speed to 3.8 or 3.9...ish . Repeat. The incline is very challenging. And...DON"T HOLD ON! :=)
    Photobucket Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I do what Raynes does. I measure by distance, though, so I walk for .1 miles, then run for .25 or something.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Yea, I think I will do some intervals. I havent ran in awhile so I may not get very far. I am not a runner at all but when I did intervals last time it felt soo good.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    If you are strictly into walking, just go at the highest incline and speed you can handle without grabbing the bar.  Consider that your "sprint" interval and you can decrease one or the other for your rest intervals.  You can also google "HIIT" or High Intensity Interval Training.  It's a good way to get ideas for interval lengths and a lot of them are similar to what Raynes mentioned and burn a lot of calories in a short amount of time. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks Jen. I am not strictly into walking. I just havent run in a long time and can ussually only go a min or so run with 2 mins walking. I will have to google that HIIT and check it out. Thanks.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Yeah I do intervals, too.  I put the incline at 2 - then warm up walking for 2 mins, then jog (at 4.5) for 2 mins, sprint as fast as I can (usually around 8.5-9) for 30 secs, then alternate between 2 mins jogging and 30 secs sprinting for 15-20 mins.  I definitely cool down for at least 5 mins after!  It's killer but I love it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards