Getting in Shape
Options

Pure Barre!

I'm thinking of signing up for the month pass at Pure Barre (http://www.purebarre.com/), trying to tone up a bit before the big day (and my form fitting dress!).  

Has anyone else tried this?

Re: Pure Barre!

• Options
    Uh... just looks like ballet class with crunches to me. I like ballet. Some girls in my class have the most ripped looking backs, but all they do is dance. I personally like more variety than just ballet, but it doesn't look like it would HURT you. I just don't know how drastic the results you're hoping for are. This probably would not get you anything drastic.
  • Options
    If you really want to "tone" (lol Raynes and Nebb), I'd suggest start lifting heavy weights. You won't bulk up. It's really the best for you.
  • Options
    I teach a class in Astoria, Queens called The Body class. It's an hour of aerobics, abs, butt, thighs and LENGTHENING the arms. If you're interested, come on in for a trial class (Astoria School of Fine Arts). I'm also a Bride to Be:)
  • Options
    I was a ballet dancer from 2-18 years old.  Barre work is great for ballet technique, stretching, balance and a little bit strengthening.  Ballet can definitely be a full body workout, but barre work wouldn't be sufficient for me to get results beyond stretching and balance.  I think this program would be a great thing to supplement a workout regimen of cardio and strength training with.  HTH!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    You can't LENGTHEN arms. It's just not possible. Your muscles are the same shape. Always. They can only get bigger or smaller.
  • Options
    Yup.  Lengthening muscles is compete BS. 

Your muscles are attached to your bones.  So unless you can magically make your bones grow longer, than, sorry, no dice.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Im only 5'1, so I would be down with lengthening some body parts. Count me in!!
  • Options
    Yeah. I'm about 5"2. But just lengthening arms? I'm pretty sure we would look like monkeys, Nebb.
    Slowww down, little ticker. Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Im only ok with it if we can lengthen both arms and legs. There is a spot on my back that I cant reach and it would be awesome to be able to scratch it! Can my torso and neck also be lengthened a little bit?
  • Options
    Yeah! Sign me up for the total body lengthening package. I'll pay oodles.
    Slowww down, little ticker. Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards