Getting in Shape
Options

Monday Accountability

Morning ladies!

Everyone seems to be sleeping in, so I thought I'd kick this off! :)

I did crappy at my run this morning, had to walk 11 minutes of the 4 miles, so it took me like 51 minutes total.  I am never going to get to Broad St distance in time! (if ever)
Eating is on track today, and needs to be, after we ate nearly 1/2 of a huge king cake that my brother brought back from Nola.  Nevertheless, the scale was up and the sugar-induced coma was fully on.  It was a much needed food-fest for poor H, though.  After everything he's been through in the past two weeks, he woke up yesterday to find his car radio antennae stolen and now his check engine light is on!  And then Pitt got majorly ripped off in the tourney seedings, which was a huge bummer.  Poor guy can't get a break!  Here's to a better week for him, and everyone!

Hope everyone has a great day and week ahead!
Anniversary

Re: Monday Accountability

• Options
    cnf2013cnf2013 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited March 2013
    Aww, Lobsters. I hope things start to look up for your Hubs soon.

My weekend was a big swing and a miss. I went four days without working out. Four. It is an unheard of number for me and by yesterday I was ready to strangle someone I was so anxious. FI and I just couldn't seem to get a workout flow this weekend and with the college on spring break I need him in order to get into the gym on the weekends.

Last night we took our dog over there to run around. It's 80,000sqft and the floor includes four full sized basketball courts and two different sized indoor tracks. So puppy loves to run around in there. At one point he was acting like he had to potty so I took him outside. On our way back in he took off running down the hallway between the two doors and didn't realize there was a second one since it was all glass and ran head first into it. Hard. He cried a lot. FI heard the thud from somewhere inside the 80Ksqft building. So last night Griz wasn't feeling good and FI is the most horrid worrier. He had us up until almost midnight coddling and worrying about the dog. He has a headache. Give him an asprin and please lets go to bed. Gahagsyahsaghag. So needless to say I was very tired at 6am for my workout this morning. Veryyyyy unhappy about how long I was kept up because the dog had a headache. But I did manage a (painful) 4 mile run this morning. So I'll call that a win.

Despite my bad weekend I got back down to my pre-Las Vegas weight and this morning I was down a bit more. I have serious fingers crossed that I might actually see the 120's by the end of this week for the first time since my senior year of college.  
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Good morning.

i'm guardedly going to get back at it tonight, I hope. My back is almost 100%, and the last bit of stiffness might actually benefit from some stretching, so I'm thinking I will start a light workout and see how it goes.

The scale is down from last Monday too, so I'm hoping that the craziness of last week's schedule will help stir things up and I can continue on the downward trend!

Sorry about dog headaches - I'm a bear when I miss my sleep too!

Lobsters, you guys will catch a break soon!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good morning!

Lobsters: The good news is that even with the walking, you are still well under the 15 minute pace requirement for your run. 

I am so freaking exhausted this morning.  Some drunk idiot kept buzzing our intercom around 3:45 AM.  As we weren't about to let some drunk stranger into our building we tried to just ignore it.  Around 4 AM FI went down and told her that she must have the wrong apartment.  She said "no this is my apartment." 

I tried to get back to sleep but it was a lost cause at that point.  So I did a quick load of laundry and headed into work a bit early this morning.  Probably going to be over on calories today, when I am tired I have a hard time staying on track. 

Probably no exercise today.  My legs are pretty sore from yesterday's run.  And I want to make sure to get to bed early tonight. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @Lobsters - I hope your husband's luck turns around soon!
    @Xcaly - I don't know if you already updated about your wedding, but I can't wait to read/hear about it!
    @Cnf - I hope your dog is okay! Congrats on getting down past pre-Vegas weight! I hope the trend sticks :)

I feel like I had such a lazy boring weekeend, even though I did some stuff...Friday I was just over on calories. My food choices weren't awful up until we went out for hibachi and oh boy is that a calorie bomb! I at least managed to make it to the gym before we went out, and I did 45 minutes on the treadmill (running/walking hills).

Saturday I woke up early and went to body pump. The class kicked my butt! I walked away with my arms feeling like spaghetti. I went heavier for some of the muscle groups and boy can I feel it still! I was pooped after the class, but I did get some cardio in at the end of the night, I did 60 minutes on my bike - managed to come in about 300 calories under my goal for the day.

Yesterday I seriously felt like a bum. It took all of my motivation and energy just to get myself out the door and to the gym at 2pm. I had to gingerly stretch (muscles soo sore), then I did 15 minutes on the stairmaster and 35 minutes on the elliptical. I was hating every minute of it, but I at least made it through. I don't even know how I managed it, but I went about 150 calories over my goal. Oh well, it all about evens out for the weekend.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!
  • Options
    @Lobs sorry to hear :( Not such a fun way to start your week but remember: A bad run is better than no run! 
    @xcal again.. wine doesn't count towards calories.. it has antioxidents ;) PLUS it extra 
    doesn't count because it was your wedding weekend. So there. 
    @cnf poor pup, but I'm sorry you had a crappy time sleeping. Way to push through the work out, though. I am envious of 120... I will never see that number lol.. You can do it!! :) 
    @entropic way to increase in bodypump!! Sooo many people stick with the same, small weight and expect results. Glad you're not one of them. I believe that I chose the right weight if I can't finish the last set 100%

Sounds like everyone is a little rough around the edges this morning.. Glad I'm not the only one!
    I haven't been to the gym since last Monday. Awesome. (although, we walked everywhere in Panama City so it wasn't a total loss) 

I'm feeling a TON better [finally] although super phlemy (you're welcome) so spin this morning should be interesting. Hopefully I'm up for Flow and Pump this evening because Lord knows I need it! 

Happppy Mondayyyy :) 

• Options
    Morning everyone!

Yesterday, I decided to take some poster's advice and join myfitnesspal. I saw that someone mentioned it was free so thought why not. I'm glad to find that I can do food journaling on there. When I actually had a personal trainer months ago, she got me to write down everything about my eating habits. I found it helped, but once my sessions ended with her, I got out of the habit. So hopefully this will help me stay on track.

Even with going out to eat yesterday, I somehow managed to be below on calories.
    I'll be doing some zumba in about a half hour (have to wait until my breakfast settles a bit more), then fi and I are going to the gym at 2. I'm hoping to do some assisted chin ups on the machine, and to lift more of my own weight this time. Also hoping to burn 400 calories on the elliptical.
    Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Happy Monday Ladies!

@lobs - Don't beat yourself up! At least you did a run...in my book, if you have to walk a little it's better than doing nothing at all! :)
    @xcal - Sounds like you're enjoying your wedding weekend! :) I agree with ftl - wine equals zero calories.
    @cnf - LMAO! I can laugh at this since my french bulldog, Meaty CONSTANTLY runs into glass doors. Rest assured, he has probably done this 15 times, and he is perfectly fine (most of the time ;))
    @heather - You are more patient than me! Ugh...I would have lost it if someone was buzzing me all night...
    @ftl -I just got over than phlemy mess...I was hacking up lougies during my run on Saturday...I'm really attractive, I know.
    @swimmy - Welcome to the group!

Ok, so...I totally slacked at my workouts this past week - aside from being mentally exhausted all week, I was geting over this nasty cold thing. I did go for a run on Saturday morning, and did 4 miles in 34:00. I am going to try to do 5 miles tomorrow...I think I can do it. Met with my trainer this morning and did arms and back, and also upped my weight, so that felt good. Food was a bust this weekend - not sure how "over calories" I was, but I had a glass of red wine, probably 5 spring rolls, birthday cake, a handful of doritos, etc. on Saturday at a St. Patrick's day party. Managed to avoid the car bombs, but not the food. Haha. You win some and lose some I guess. I should be on track for food today, though. I think later tonight we will get some fro-yo to celebrate my birthday! :)

Have a god rest of the day, everyone! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Morning everyone!  Sounds like most of you did better than I did this weekend.  :)

Friday I got a good workout in, mainly because FI was working late so I had the whole night free and by myself to spend 2 hours doing cardio and strength.

Saturday and Sunday I was bad, bad, bad.  I am such a stress eater and I have been very stressed/bummed/frustrated with work, so I kind of blew it.

But today is a new day and a new week!  Started the day off with 40 minutes on the elliptical....planning to have a good day eating-wise as well. 

Hope everyone has a great Monday!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I did NOTHING all weekend. Nope. Zilch. Oh well. Stayed within calories though.

This week is going to be a busy one. I've got four group projects on the go all due next week, so I imagine some of my exercise time is going to be taken up by group work :P. Have I mentioned I hate group work? I'd rather do almost every assignment alone. Oh well, can't do anything about it now. Anyway, I'm hoping to be done everything by the end of the week, so that my weekend can = no homework.

Sorry don't have much time today to respond to everyone, but I hope that people's days perk up!

@Cnf - I by NO means wish to freak you out or anything, but keep an eye on your pup! My parents had a dog who was obsessed with chasing balls, and she chased one straight into a parked car head first once. Unfortunately, she ended up with a brain bleed and passed away :( so if she's still whining a lot or acting funny I would take her to the vet! I would just hate for something to happen and not have said anything. That said, many puppies are silly and run into things all of the time, so she's probably fine. My friend's dog recently ran so hard into a chain link fence that her body bounced off of it air born and left a dent in the fence... and she's fine!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Things are so chaotic here I can only do a quick update:

This weekend was ok.  Ate more than I should've but worked out every day and got an 8 mile run in on Sunday.  Today I start my new rotation at work, so it's ridiculously busy and stressful.  But I brought a super healthy lunch and am planning to go to kettlebells after work, so hopefully I'll stay on track.

Sorry to be short, hope everyone is doing well!!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_monday-accountability-116?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:c95fc3c6-5c0d-40f7-9192-f26465252ecbPost:95acd50b-ad90-4214-84eb-2c4f704a7355">Monday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning ladies! Everyone seems to be sleeping in, so I thought I'd kick this off! :) I did crappy at my run this morning, had to walk 11 minutes of the 4 miles, so it took me like 51 minutes total.  I am never going to get to Broad St distance in time! (if ever) Eating is on track today, and needs to be, after we ate nearly 1/2 of a huge king cake that my brother brought back from Nola.  Nevertheless, the scale was up and the sugar-induced coma was fully on.  It was a much needed food-fest for poor H, though.  After everything he's been through in the past two weeks, he woke up yesterday to find his car radio antennae stolen and now his check engine light is on!  And then Pitt got majorly ripped off in the tourney seedings, which was a huge bummer.  Poor guy can't get a break!  Here's to a better week for him, and everyone! Hope everyone has a great day and week ahead!
    Posted by Lobsters25[/QUOTE]

<div>Morning..or afternoon for me now. I ran 5 miles yesterday in 1:1:29 which was a first for me. I'm a normal 12 min pace and I walked a little yesterday due to my calf / shin splints. <div>
    </div><div>I'll be heading home to get a Insanity or some other DVD workout.</div><div>
    </div><div>Happy Monday!</div><div>
    </div></div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hello everyone!

@Xcaly- Congrats!!!

My weekend was super hectic. I went back home for my bridal shower, little sister got arrested for possession of alcohol (she's only 16). Long story but pretty much the cop saw her friend hand her a beer and she sat it down for him, had it in her hand all of 3 seconds and apparently that's good enough for posession. To top it all off- the arresting officer was my prom date my sophmore year and his partner was my cousin's husband. Perks of a small town I suppose. 
    The bridal shower was fun though but the talk of the party was definitely my sister. 

Food wise I was pretty good- no time for workouts though. I'm finally feeling better- still have a bit of the sniffles and a cough. I'm on spring break now and today I really wanted to just lounge and do nothing but I made myself go to the gym. I had a really good workout- 45 minutes of cardio, arms, chest and abs with the trainer. The rest of the day I will be working on wedding invites and spring cleaning :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_monday-accountability-116?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:c95fc3c6-5c0d-40f7-9192-f26465252ecbPost:f343daea-ec98-4055-9bb5-8711609ef131">Re: Monday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]I did NOTHING all weekend. Nope. Zilch. Oh well. Stayed within calories though. This week is going to be a busy one. I've got four group projects on the go all due next week, so I imagine some of my exercise time is going to be taken up by group work :P. Have I mentioned I hate group work? I'd rather do almost every assignment alone. Oh well, can't do anything about it now. Anyway, I'm hoping to be done everything by the end of the week, so that my weekend can = no homework. Sorry don't have much time today to respond to everyone, but I hope that people's days perk up! <strong>@Cnf - I by NO means wish to freak you out or anything, but keep an eye on your pup! My parents had a dog who was obsessed with chasing balls, and she chased one straight into a parked car head first once. Unfortunately, she ended up with a brain bleed and passed away :( so if she's still whining a lot or acting funny I would take her to the vet! I would just hate for something to happen and not have said anything. That said, many puppies are silly and run into things all of the time, so she's probably fine. My friend's dog recently ran so hard into a chain link fence that her body bounced off of it air born and left a dent in the fence... and she's fine!</strong>
    Posted by Sarah5200[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I'm pretty sure he's fine. He's got a bump on his head this morning and he winces if we touch it, but he hasn't whined at all and aside from being a bit sluggish he's acting pretty normal. Running the field house always wipes him out and my parents came with their dog yesterday too, so I think his head probably hurts, but that he also has a too much playing hang over today. I'll definitely keep an eye on him and I gave him another asprin today just to help since it obviously still hurts. 

</div>
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

Hey everyone. Here is my once a week check-in. I can't believe that I made it through a full week of making my goals! It has been a long-time since I did that. It was difficult, but I did everything and more than I set out to do for my goals for the week/month. Hopefully this week will see the same. Happy Monday...

Aug 2013 Brides - January Siggy Wedding Site, Pinecrest Lake: imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hey ladies! I'm in Vegas and I've been eating pretty well (thanks to all the help from my "eating well out of town" post last week) but I've had no time to work out. I have had time for some sight seeing which including a lot of walking so that has helped me. Tomorrow I have a test to get certified and then Wed & Thurs is a conference so hopefully I can hit the gym tomorrow when I don't have to study.

Congrats, xcaly! Sorry I don't have time to catch up on all the other posts.
  • Options
    Hello Ladies!

I did okay today. I spent an hour doing cardio at the gym and another 20 minutes stretching everything out. I have tight hip muscles so this is hopefully going to improve my stance doing squats and lunges.

As for eating, I did alright. I burned clories at the gym but I'm still running a deficit after tracking everything. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards